Just finished Conceal Carry II tonight

a lot of fun and real helpful.
The instructor was great (Robert MacQuarrie ), very clear, didn't rush through anything.
Had us work on grouping, shooting while moving left to right, right to left , firing while walking towards the target and
while walking away. Went over grip, trigger pull, focus on front site etc., all in all a very good class.
I think will be taking IV as soon as I can fit it in.

The instructor was great (Robert MacQuarrie ), very clear, didn't rush through anything.
Had us work on grouping, shooting while moving left to right, right to left , firing while walking towards the target and
while walking away. Went over grip, trigger pull, focus on front site etc., all in all a very good class.

I also took the class last year with Robert Macquarrie and he was really good. MFS has a damn good teacher there. They have a fine facility as well.

My wife took CC2 last night, I'd taken it previously (along with CC3. Doing CC4 in a couple weeks). She was very nervous going in but, no surprise, came out feeling good.

Mac is a great teacher.

I would not do that , take CC2 and skip 3 (that's what Mac told us "he'd do") and go straight to CC4
Did he elaborate at all?

This is CC2:
MFS Concealed Carry II is a 4 hour class that picks up where Concealed Carry I leaves off. We move from covering tactics and legalities to learning how to draw, move, and fire your weapon. Two hours will be spent in a classroom environment dry firing and practicing what will be done on the range with dummy rounds. Two hours will be spent on the range firing your weapon in a self defense fashion (not target shooting). The class will cover:
- Combat grip, stance & trigger control
- The Draw from multiple positions & concealment
- Speed reloads
- Type 1 & 2 malfunctions and their clearing procedures
- Movement, verbal commands & shooting at the same time
I do all of these things in IDPA already. Besides, I bought a CC3 voucher already so I can't skip it [laugh]

He did a little bit, it's basically a lot of shooting from your knees, crouched etc. he said wear pants that you don't mind rolling around on the floor with and getting filthy LOL! I'm registered for IV on the 23rd, I can't wait should be a lot of fun and more good training.

Did he elaborate at all?

This is CC2:

I do all of these things in IDPA already. Besides, I bought a CC3 voucher already so I can't skip it [laugh]

If anyone does these classes in Western Mass please PM me or post up thanks.

I am a member of Agawam Revolver Club and I know they offer these classes from time to time. I don't pay enough attention to the bulletin board when I go there but I probably should.

Did CC3 last night. Pretty fun - shot from a bunch of different noon -standard positions, such as sitting and prone.

If you liked this then start going to IDPA matches. One day at an IDPA match and you will be exposed to all of this plus be able to watch and interact with other shooters on all aspects of shooting.

If you liked this then start going to IDPA matches. One day at an IDPA match and you will be exposed to all of this plus be able to watch and interact with other shooters on all aspects of shooting.
Yep, that's why I skipped CC2.

I skipped all, but took CC4 with him several months ago. Great guy and I had fun. A lot of the guys in the class took 1-3, all but one guy in my class seemed to have some good skills.

All of these classes are held at our Holliston facility.

I can attest that Mac is still quite alive LOL

He really does a great job with the classes. I've been taking each of them recently and have been getting a lot out of them.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom