CMP M1 Garand and Mondern Military is next 11/05/2017 @ OCSA pembroke ma

mac1911

NES Member
That time of year again. Come on out and see what you can do. Some of the matches run at the same dates so you can do more than one if you like.
See Flyer links below for types of matches and dates
NEW TIME 8:30amFOR SAFETY MEETING SHOOTING STARTS AT 10am
WILL BE SHOOTING CMP A CORSE OF FIRE 35 rounds.
Bring enough ammo for B course in case this changes.
Club guns and ammo are available for the M1 match only

The first match of 2017 will be on April 23 830am safety meeting and brief
Match will be AS ISSUED M1 GARAND and Mondern Military which is SKS,AK,AR 15s , HK 91 or any other semi auto rifle that has been issued to arm services some where.
Bring what you have and shoot

BELOW ARE THE FLYERS FOR THE 2017 CMP GAMES AT OCSA.

If the links don't work go here and scroll to bottom of the page.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldcolonysaweb/home/cmp-matches

GARAND MATCH
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ed7I-0dDxISlM3RHRadVN2UDQ/view

SPRINGFIELD MATCH
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ed7I-0dDxIZGNfOXAyd0hSVnM/view?usp=drive_web

VINTAGE MATCH
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ed7I-0dDxIYjZuYTgzN2Fqbnc/view

MONDERN MILITARY

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ed7I-0dDxINU9TbUp1R3BIekk/view

DONT HAVE A M1? WAITING ON YOURS FROM THE CMP COME SHOOT A CLUB GUN...

NOTE: THERE IS ALWAYS A SUB MATCH AFTER OR ALONG WITH THE m1 GARAND CLINIC/MATCH CHECK THE FLYERS FOR THE CROSS OVER DATES

ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN PM ME OR EMAIL CONTACT ON THE FLYER

Helpful videos

SLING USE.... this applies to the M1907 sling used on any rifle

WEB SLING USE: this is the easiest sling to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I plan to make some of these. Italian Seabee 'retired'? 8am start a bit painful given the long drive but can't complain if it's for fun.

Appears Franco did step down from running it. Shooting starts at 9am. I'm not sure why the time change?

Good luck & get the gold! (Or at least have a great time).
I just like to shoot, the little candy machine trinkets are fun to get too. I have a special little velvet pouch to put them in.

Just hope the turn out is better through out the dates.....I was not happy that 2 matches where cancelled because lack of shooters....I plan my range time way to far ahead to have that happen.
When I shoot I like the "match" atmosphere.

I thought the modern military match would get more of the bench AR shooters to come play?

Last edited:
SUNDAY
Will be a M1 garand as issued match and a modern military match.
See flyers in post #1 for details.

Decent turn out? Wish I could have gone to the match. I get the MRI results for my shoulder tomorrow.

I shot the VEPR from the bench, trying to dial in the commie scope.

12 shooters ok , few new comers.
10-15 is the average the most I have seen is 18....
They where supposed to rebuild the pits and extend it to 6 positions...?
Was a little slow running today.

Come on now 6/12 is modern military .....sks,ak,,AR ,m1a, HK 91/93 what ever....
Come on now

Last edited:
July 10th M1 clinic and Vintage military .....come on down

JULY 10th next match

Note the new time for matches is 8am for safety and Instruction. Start time is 9am

VINTAGE MATCH The Swiss where strong in showing today.... the knod goes to the 03A3
Little damp but fun .

NEXT MONTH : SPRINGFIELD MATCH ALONG WITH M1 clinic/match

Last edited:
I wont be making it to the sept 11 match as of now but things could change ?

I plan on the Oct match and trying to decide 03a3 with cast, k98 or the swiss k31 ?

Also will be there for Nov match for the modern military match with my plain jane A2 and the little laser loads varmint bullets.

I will be there in Sept.. Looking at that match as a "practice" match before VT

Oct I will be there too. It's vintage right? I'm going to bring a Remington M1903 I've been tinkering with since the spring. Should be fun to shoot the rapids with the flip up sight

November, also. And if my A2 is ready to go I'll shoot that in Modern Military too.
maybe give the carbine a run at Pembroke ?

There is not enough interest I guess. I asked and basically the answer was
"Hard enough to get people to show up for M1 match"

Even the modern military match is drawing very little interest. You would think with the new more open rules and optics allowed now you would see more ARs and the likes on the line.
Not so,much.

There is not enough interest I guess. I asked and basically the answer was
"Hard enough to get people to show up for M1 match"

Even the modern military match is drawing very little interest. You would think with the new more open rules and optics allowed now you would see more ARs and the likes on the line.
Not so,much.

Not sure if those with the competition bug have just gravitated to pistol or 3 gun perhaps? Otherwise, seems like there are many who are reluctant to try and compete. I think many if not most who try it once will get hooked.

If anyone reading this is on the fence- you really need to go for it. People are super helpful when you are a newb or even if you just need a little advice.

edit- I'd try carbine sometime but would need to borrow one. Hey, maybe Franco could tune a club carbine?

Not sure if those with the competition bug have just gravitated to pistol or 3 gun perhaps? Otherwise, seems like there are many who are reluctant to try and compete. I think many if not most who try it once will get hooked.

If anyone reading this is on the fence- you really need to go for it. People are super helpful when you are a newb or even if you just need a little advice.

edit- I'd try carbine sometime but would need to borrow one. Hey, maybe Franco could tune a club carbine?

Not sure if club even has carbines?
IDPA has been insane at Pembroke...
Lots of younger shooters I have talked to are not interested in shooting small targets.
Seems like torso size targets and a hit are plenty good enough.

I've been meaning to take the long trip down. Tomorrow won't work, but if there's others before winter, I will endeavor to make one since I always really wanted to try it.

I've been meaning to take the long trip down. Tomorrow won't work, but if there's others before winter, I will endeavor to make one since I always really wanted to try it.

Ha! Same here. Ive been eyeballing this thread for a while.

Just curious, for the guys that are regulars down there, or guys who shoot there from north of Boston, during the summer whats the traffic like heading home? Figured people heading home from the Cape on Sunday evening might make the trip a nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom