300 message limit in PM

Producer

NES Member
May be moot, I am cleaning out mine. But, does it really eat up that much space? Say a 1,000 PM limit instead?

Ugh!

Yes, I reached my limit, cleaned them out, reached it again a few more times, "rinse and repeat", etc.

Too much work keeping them under control, so I just shut mine off completely.

I'm really not for upping the limit, not until the SW allows a rationale way to deal with them. [I'd want to save folders to my HDD easily and have them readable afterwards, as some topics warrant keeping them for a long time.]

Just my 2cents as another user.

Ugh!

Yes, I reached my limit, cleaned them out, reached it again a few more times, "rinse and repeat", etc.

Too much work keeping them under control, so I just shut mine off completely.

I'm really not for upping the limit, not until the SW allows a rationale way to deal with them. [I'd want to save folders to my HDD easily and have them readable afterwards, as some topics warrant keeping them for a long time.]

Just my 2cents as another user.
Can't the PM's be DL'ed as XML, CSV or Text and read later? I've never tried it but the option is there.

Yah, one at a time and ugly as sin to try to read later (may be related to my security settings, but that's non-negotiable).

Yah, one at a time and ugly as sin to try to read later (may be related to my security settings, but that's non-negotiable).

The option says

Download all Private Messages as:

So it doesn't download all of them?

You can read the XML code in any text editor, or firefox opens XML as an attempted translation.

XML is 100% flexible... you can make your own tags and they can signal a program to do anything, so there's no true way to read xml other than by the program that xml is being produced for.

I can open the saved messages in XML with Word but it's not as organized and easy to read IMO.

Back
Top Bottom