300 BO Barrel Suggestions?

38ExtraSpecial

NES Member
Hi Guys

I'm looking for a halfway decent 300 BO barrel for an AR platform. Any suggestions? I'm not looking for crazy match accuracy. Just something I can sling some cast bullets with.
I see tons of names making them. Any reviews on the Anderson or the AR stoner? I would like to keep in the lower price range unless someone knows of big issues with any of those options?
Looking like pistol length gas system is what more manufacturers are leaning towards. What are the views on that? I'm going to be mostly running cast bullets towards the heavier range.
Thanks guys and gals!

These guys have some of the less expensive parts.
Price shop them.
Bought a fair amount of parts for them on my own 300 BLK build from Golddiggie's recommendation.

Customer service is not great.
They sent me a bolt assembly w/o a firing pin - fought with them for weeks about it. Took them several weeks more to get me the damn thing.

You can also check out AIM Surplus for parts... I have one of their black nitride BCG's and it's excellent. Even more so for the price ($90 delivered).

Yes

because ATF is not processing NFA items in MA right now. Not going to mess with that.

Should I go with the Pistol or Carbine length?

KAK Industries in CA sells a 16" melonite coated barrel with pistol length gas for $100. I just checked and they are currently out of stock but it may be worth looking into. I am happy with mine. It likes a powder coated 198 grain 311365 over 14 grains of Accurate 1680.

Put together an upper with Anderson 300 barrel, pistol length gas last year.
No problems with Anderson. Headspaced fine, zeroed easy.
i used my lower (only lower I have) A2 rifle spring/heavy buffer to test it. Surprisingly, it cycled most of the time though not fully reliable. I started to make a proper lower for it (pinned short stock, lighter buffer) but didn't finish it/register it before 7/20. May have to wait a good long while to try that out.

Should I go with the Pistol or Carbine length?
The downside to pistol length is you may end up over gassed with full power loads. The barrel I bought is pistol gas and I put a restrictor plug in the gas block. There are also adjustable gas blocks available. Lots of good reading here: 300blktalk.com

Ok so I was going to hold off and do some more research then midway marked down their stainless carbine length AR stoner barrels. So I ordered one.
Guess I'll be playing around on Saturday.
Time to cut some 223 brass down. Woohoo!
Thanks guys

I would get a 14.5 inch with an 1-1/2" muzzle brake and either pin and weld it or silver solder it. Or wait until all these suppressor bills pass and get a 16 inch with a suppressor. I was surprised at how much shorter 16 inches appears than a 17 1/2" long barrel

Back
Top Bottom