• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.30 Carbine projectiles?

I missed the last run of .30 Carbine at TSUSA, and my prime membership is about to auto-renew but in this environment it's hard to justify paying the $95 so I told them to cancel.

I'd like to get a die set and try loading some .30 Carbine, but can't find bullets. I think I've got what I need for other components. Because of the gas piston design and the fact that my gas cylinder has already had problems that required welding I'm reluctant to go with plain lead bullets and risk fouling the gas block, although I do cast for other calibers and it might just push me into powder coating IF the coating will hold up at those speeds and pressures.

Can't seem to find .30 cal 110 gr. jacketed, plated or coated bullets for the M1 Carbine. Anybody reload for the carbine and have any ideas?

Search around they are out there. You might not like the price.
I been shooting cast through my rock ola here and there. Was planning on doing so load testing until the covid came along.

Thanks for the help, guys. I might have to backpedal though as I realized I only have one can each of W296 and 2400. I guess I figured one of my other powders would be suitable. Figures that it would use a magnum pistol powder. I hope to find a recipe for Titegroup which I have more of otherwise I'm going to wait until I'm sure I can get more of the above powders before shelling out for the bullets.

Lil' Gun works great, 1cc with a 110gr FMJ bullet is very accurate in mine. Try Glenn's in North Reading for powder and bullets - 978-664-0588

I just checked all of my sources and I can’t find any in stock. I know of a vendor that has PPU 30 carbine ammo in stock for 19.50 per box plus shipping but no sales tax. Same vendor that had the Scorpio 9 mm ammo that I told everyone about - I think I messaged you?

No lil gun here either.

Berry's is out of .30 carbine projectiles, and W296 = H110 and only one pound on hand, but yes, andrew1220, you did turn me on to that and they do. Price is not that bad considering it's RNSP, too. I'm going to get some while I work on the powder situation.

Thanks for the help, guys. I might have to backpedal though as I realized I only have one can each of W296 and 2400. I guess I figured one of my other powders would be suitable. Figures that it would use a magnum pistol powder. I hope to find a recipe for Titegroup which I have more of otherwise I'm going to wait until I'm sure I can get more of the above powders before shelling out for the bullets.
2lbs should get you close if not over 1000 rounds.
Dont think I have seen a powder charge more than 15 grains for 30 carbine.

2lbs should get you close if not over 1000 rounds.

I'm going to check a couple places today and if I can pick up a couple cans of powder I'm going to do it. I just didn't realize I only had two pounds of suitable powder and I don't want to use it all up just for .30 carbine.

I'm going to check a couple places today and if I can pick up a couple cans of powder I'm going to do it. I just didn't realize I only had two pounds of suitable powder and I don't want to use it all up just for .30 carbine.
Get the bullets before you cant.
You can slways load up what you want to shoot as needed

No lil gun here either.

Berry's is out of .30 carbine projectiles, and W296 = H110 and only one pound on hand, but yes, andrew1220, you did turn me on to that and they do. Price is not that bad considering it's RNSP, too. I'm going to get some while I work on the powder situation.
Forgot about a particular vendor and they have TONS of 30 carbine bullets in stock. PM inbound.

These Carbine bullets can be used in plenty of other .30 calibers. Perhaps not ideal, but I've used them in 7.5 Swiss, .30-30, .308/.30-06 and 7.62x25mm. Maybe not for bench rest, but plenty good for pins, plates, balloons, paper, water-filled aluminum cans, etc.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• Tok110g.jpg
    Tok110g.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 6
  • canbusters3.jpg
    canbusters3.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 4
yup, I loaded up some 7.62 Tokarev with my 30 carbine bullets just for fun once. Shot ok

These Carbine bullets can be used in plenty of other .30 calibers.

I hadn't thought about that! I've loaded .308 with gas-checked lead bullets I cast and wax lubed that most folks put in .30-30 and they were fine. You can even put Trail Boss in them for casual (and quieter) plinking.

One shop had a few types of powders but nothing like what I need. I'm just going to open that bottle of 2400 since I'm not using it for anything else it's silly to wait and chase down more slow pistol powder given these times. I'd much rather get my feet wet loading 500 (or whatever) rounds of .30 carbine than pump out the equivalent amount of full house .357 magnum anyway. The carbine fodder seems to go a lot faster!

Knowing that I can use them for plinking bullets for my .308 just sealed the deal. It is, however, a bummer that they charge the credit card right away but say you can expect a long wait.

Back
Top Bottom