• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3 Y/O S.C. Boy Killed After Mistaking Pink Handgun For Toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
A 3-year-old boy in Greenville, South Carolina was shot in the head and killed on Friday after he started playing with a pink handgun because he thought it was a toy.

Police responding to the shooting at Haywood Plantation Apartments said that Tmorej Smith was found with a gunshot wound to the head, according to The Associated Press.

Investigators determined that Tmorej and his 7-year-old sister had been playing with a pink handgun when the incident occurred.

Full Story w/video news report >>> 3-year-old S.C. boy killed after mistaking pink handgun for toy | The Raw Story

discovery_pink_gun_130205a-615x345.jpg

[sad2]

I started gun safety lessons for my then 3-yr old before I even bought my first gun. I always believed I could make a mistake and leave the gun unattended, and the only sure way to keep my children safe is to teach them gun safety early and often.

By the time I took them to gun range the first time, they both earned praises of their muzzle and trigger dicipline from RO's.

Awful. Add this to my list of reasons why I hate pink guns.

This. FWIW, and I am not advocating more laws. But having a "fun colored gun" is just stupid AND toy guns should all have orange muzzle shrouds to there is NO CONFUSION.

Kid's should know. If it's orange, it's ok to play with . Any other color, leave it the hell alone.

IMO, guns should NOT be pink, or any other colors besides variations of black, grey, or stainless.

While it's a tragic occurrence, it's one that could have been [easily] avoided. If you have kids, don't leave your firearms where they can get to them. Also start teaching them gun safety from a very early age.

I just hope the anti's don't twist this into something for their benefit. I know, wishful thinking. Oh, and no, I don't want to buy that Florida swampland you have.

I agree on training children at a young age to safely handle firearms. Kids are sponges, and will learn safety quickly if trained properly.

reminds me of a "Nerf" themed glock I saw on the Ceracoat website. People have the right to color their weapons as they see fit, but in the event of an accident like this, your choice in colors can/ and should be used against you to show negligence.

I started gun safety lessons for my then 3-yr old before I even bought my first gun. I always believed I could make a mistake and leave the gun unattended, and the only sure way to keep my children safe is to teach them gun safety early and often.

By the time I took them to gun range the first time, they both earned praises of their muzzle and trigger dicipline from RO's.

This. My kids are now 8 and 5, they have known for a while that there are toys and there are guns but guns aren't toys.

If the gun was blue Tmorej wouldn't have played with it? Some of you guys sound like you support MA outlawing novelty lighters. Same reasoning.

I am so sorry for the family, no parent deserves that!
But I think the best we can do to prevent tragedies like this one from happening is to teach kids not to touch any guns, toy-looking or not.

Gotta love the press:

A 3-year-old boy in Greenville, South Carolina was shot in the head and killed on Friday after he started playing with a pink handgun because he thought it was a toy.
How do they know what he thought? Did he leave a note?

And that's why the media stations need to be burnt down. Human ****ing scum.

This is sad, but not any more so in my opinion then any other way kids can be killed, like if a kid chokes to death on something they should not have had, or drink some poison under a sink.

This is sad as hell. It should have had an eleven pound trigger. /sarc

Who the **** leaves a loaded pistol where a three year-old can get it?

We "gun people" need to police ourselves better, or the .gov will try to do it for us.

Last edited:
This is sad as hell. It should have had an eleven pound trigger. Who the **** leaves a loaded pistol where a three year-old can get it?

We "gun people" need to police ourselves better, or the .gov will try to do it for us.

I agree with this. The scuba industry is mostly self regulated isn't it.

This is sad as hell. It should have had an eleven pound trigger. Who the **** leaves a loaded pistol where a three year-old can get it?

Price of freedom. How do you suggest we police ourselves?

I agree with not leaving loaded guns around for kids and policing ourselves. But stick the 11 pound trigger where the sun don't shine.

Sent from my mom's basement. Using Samsung GSIII

I agree with not leaving loaded guns around for kids and policing ourselves. But stick the 11 pound trigger where the sun don't shine.

Sorry. Should have had a /sarc next to that. I put an Apex DCAEK in my MA M&P9c.

- - - Updated - - -

Price of freedom. How do you suggest we police ourselves?

We can start by not leaving loaded ****ing pistols within reach of a THREE YEAR OLD!

Yeah I really don't think pink had anything to do with. They are kids.

Well another out yourself thread. It's the guns fault it was pink? I feel terrible that the child died, but it's the parents fault for not keeping it safe and for not teaching a child gun safety.

He still would have played with the gun. It does not change the fact I think fruity-colored guns are retarded. Do we really need to make them MORE appealing to untrained and uneducated kids?

I'm not blaming the color. The problem was obviously access, bad parenting, and no training.

Last edited:
I am so sorry for the family, no parent deserves that!
But I think the best we can do to prevent tragedies like this one from happening is to teach kids not to touch any guns, toy-looking or not.

I am going to disagree a bit. It is sad. It's tragic! But these parents deserve the sorrow they are feeling right now and then some. They deserve to go to jail for being F%$#ing idiots and leaving a loaded pistol where their children could get a hold of it!

Do you want an honest answer, or one filtered to be in compliance with Doublespeak regulations?

BTW, that avatar is... mesmerizing.

Should have been a gun-free zone. There, problem solved.

In all seriousness, this is why gun safety, not the pseudo-anti-gun-propeganda variety, but the real deal, should be taught in schools (provided government schools are here to stay.) Heck, make it a PE requirement.

It would definitely reduce accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom