3 neighbors dead following snow removal dispute in PA township

I wonder if the brick house will be up for sale cheap? annh. Neighborhood looks too congested. Never mind.

Having now seen the video I think the gene pool is a little better off all around. No, shooting someone(s) for being a**holes is NOT right, but it's also an outcome that *I* keep in the back of my mind when a conflict arises. So in other words it was predictable, though not probable.

Coming back with the rifle to finish them off though... that was cold.

What happened to all the neighbors, anyway? There were people and voices all over the place them it was a ghost town.

Looking at the pictures of the houses - and watching the original video again (looks like the original tweet is gone now) ...... a thought passed thru my head: the disparity in the houses these people lived in , might be an indication of what "the" problem was between these people.
If this lame-ass free info site doesn't have stale or confused data...

Jeffrey Spaide (shooter):
Income: $100 - $149,999, Net Worth: Greater than $499,999
-----
Property Lot Size: 10019 SF
Building Area: 1455
Tax Year: 2017
Tax Amount: $3,648.12
Total Market Value: $141,500
Sale Price: $156,000
=====
James Goy/Lisa Goy:
((Family)) Income: $70 - $79,999, Net Worth: $25,000 - $49,999
-----
Property Lot Size: 4356 SF
Building Area: 1608
Tax Amount: $1,536.6
Total Market Value: $59,600
Sale Price: $58,000
Home Value: $58((000))
Purchase Price: $58((000))

Political, etc. info on those three pages, too.

We need to go back to like a 'one free one' mentality. You get one good shot when someone is being an ass. Then it's either mutual, or it's over.
What, are you feeling inhibited by the rule of law or something?
Think about what you want before you ask for it.
tombstone-smoke-wagon_1024x1024.jpg

... this guy was a veteran, pursued a profession in engineering attaining advance academic training and professional licensure (which required two 4-hour comprehensive exams, and annual continuing education for maintenance) ...
My youngest brother-in-law got a PE. It's even harder than you let on:
In PA, like in NJ, you also actually have to have a 4 year engineering degree,
and you have to work for four years as an engineer-in-training
underneath another PE.

It at least means you have to get your ducks lined up in a row.

if you listen closely at the end you can hear his cell phone ringing while he’s dead
Rank speculation on my part: if he had dialed 911 (or the local PD),
and then hung up when things got real,
that may have been a (911) hang-up call back.

Or someone had a profoundly bad sense of timing...

It’s totally possible it was my cell phone ringing while I was watching the video but re-watch it with the audio and the new link. It’s also possible we both have the same cell phone tones

Deescalate, deescalate, deescalate.

you never know who is on the other end of that FU you’re slinging, or which side of the bed they woke up on.
Amen too that. Deescalation techniques should be a priority and something that ought to be taught more often (I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir). There's also the old adage of "love thy neighbor" floating around..... There's something to be said for keeping good relations with your neighbors too. This didn't need to happen..... For the record though, my wife always wondered why I carry even when going out to clear the snow. Now she knows.

Could be another neighbor, too, maybe a friend of theirs pressed to the window a few doors down. "You okay, James?... James?"

It sounds like she's trying to get the neighbors to call a Ryan Moranski (?) just before he finds her with the rifle. Husband wasn't saying anything except wheezes and that last grunt. Who knows who was trying to call him? But I don't think he'd had the time or the wherewithal to dial 911.

-----
=====
James Goy/Lisa Goy:
-----

Can anyone edited these pages? The summary hits the mark.

"Summary: Jeff "get out of my way, especially my driveway" Spaide is 47 years old and was born on 06/16/1973"

I’m pretty stupid if you watch the video right at the end that bitch is still on her cell phone trying to call somebody. She’s definitely living in a cell phone bubble *edit lived

I just posted the same thing sorta. This thread is moving, hard to keep up.

My wife was asking me to get her ready for her CCW. I showed her this video to show a situation where she would be justified in pulling and shooting (the guy and wife, not the shooter).
These two paid a dear price, we can learn from it. When I was training, I'd always start a segment with an officer down video, we'd analyze it, look for clues. The cop paid a price, others can learn from it.

With all due respect, go fornicate solo. I'd rather die than live in such a structure.
You don't necessarily have to live there LOL but it's a great substitute for Suburban bullshit where everybody is up their armpits with fake properties is less than a postage stamp between them. The neighborhood this incident happened in clearly looks like 20 lb of shit in a 2-pound bag or something like that pretty much awful you can fart and your neighbor would likely hear it....

You don't necessarily have to live there LOL but it's a great substitute for Suburban bullshit where everybody is up their armpits with fake properties is less than a postage stamp between them. The neighborhood this incident happened in clearly looks like 20 lb of shit in a 2-pound bag or something like that pretty much awful you can fart and your neighbor would likely hear it....

I think a better solution is to stop brainwashing people, especially future founders of companies that employ so many of these suburban residents, that you MUST be close enough to some overpopulated cesspool of a city to have a thriving business. Think about business differently, especially in tech where physical presence is becoming less important. With the communication technologies we have today, I honestly see little value in forcing your employees to commute into some packed city just so you can have them interact with certain people face to face.

You see it even hear in Boston with some biotech startups. I'm sure its more commercial cost driven but imo it's so much less stress working out of a satellite location in Waltham or Burlington than having to commute into the mess that is downtown Boston.....or even Kendall/Cambridge.

But I still think the too many people per square mile excuse for violence is weak. There are "suburban" houses one on top of the other in towns like Somerville, Cambridge, etc filled with yuppies where everyone generally gets along. Its also a MUCH better option lifestyle wise to have even a tiny plot of land, your own garage, and no neighbors stacked on top of you versus some condo in the city.

Obviously a big ass piece of land with a nice house on it is ideal but not practical for most whose job relies on them being relatively close to the stupid office in the city and who don't want to eat a quarter of their life commuting back and forth.

-----
=====
James Goy/Lisa Goy:
-----

underneath another PE.

Not really, but the jackwagon that says 'what you gonna do?' will be the one who calls the cops on you when you 'do' something.

So, yes, now I'm looking at simple assault charges, because the guy running his gums couldn't back it up and pussed out and called the cops on me.

I’m pretty stupid if you watch the video right at the end that bitch is still on her cell phone trying to call somebody. She’s definitely living in a cell phone bubble *edit lived

It’s the camera.. I thought the same thing and said she is still moving!! But watch it again you see the video “twitching” over and over again. It’s just the way it was recorded.

underneath another PE.
For Massachusetts:
  • Engineer-In-Training exam (8 hours when I took it, 6 hours now), general engineering knowledge and everyone takes the same one, often during senior year in college while it's all still fresh.
  • 4 years working experience with an engineering degree or 8 years experience with a tech degree or (I think) 20 years practical experience with no degree.
  • Submittal of work examples to state board asking for authorization to take PE exam. I think mine was over 50 pages.
  • PE exam (8 hours for most, 16 hours for Structural Engineering) in the specific discipline in which you're seeking licensure.

It's a grind, but it opens a lot more opportunities in your career.

You can't POSSIBLY have thought I was serious? [rofl]

Although I contend that it would work and the majority of mankind would accept / welcome it. Leaves quite a lot of suddenly available land for ME ;)
You said it out loud, hence my response. Too many people say what you said and are absolutely serious about it :p

I don't think we are on different sides of this particular argument. You'd have to drag my dead body to that place you mentioned.

Not me. I'd be squatting in some newly abandoned wilderness resort, fishing and hunting and driving my new Lamborghini.

Something like this:

1612665409270.png

Kind of a weird take but here we go. The couple supposedly had an autistic 15 year-old right? You'd think having to raise a kid with a disability you'd be a little nicer or understanding or whatever. Not yelling slurs and insults at people etc. That is ofcourse if the kid is truly autistic and not just "on the spectrum" which every kid seems to be today...

Kind of a weird take but here we go. The couple supposedly had an autistic 15 year-old right? You'd think having to raise a kid with a disability you'd be a little nicer or understanding or whatever. Not yelling slurs and insults at people etc. That is of course if the kid is truly autistic and not just "on the spectrum" which every kid seems to be today...

I know at least one family where your theory breaks down.

If anything, the stresses of dealing with a legit disability like that make it tougher on the parents to cope with the lesser stresses of life.

(I don't mean to cast a wide brush with that - from personal experience I'm speaking of one, possibly a second family - they might be the only ones struggling with that issue!)

Last edited:
Kind of a weird take but here we go. The couple supposedly had an autistic 15 year-old right? You'd think having to raise a kid with a disability you'd be a little nicer or understanding or whatever. Not yelling slurs and insults at people etc. That is ofcourse if the kid is truly autistic and not just "on the spectrum" which every kid seems to be today...
Some people don't care about the autism kid. Had a customer refer to thier autistic kid as a ret**d. Disgusting

I know at least one family where your theory breaks down.

If anything, the stresses of dealing with a legit disability like that make it tougher on the parents to cope with the lesser stresses of life.
Being one of those families & knowing many of them, those people were complete asshats. I have trouble believing anyone w a severely disabled child would have such little self awareness that they’d push someone who possibly has mental health issues to the edge. Typically families w severely disabled kids have a little more self awareness/compassion than these two idiots.

On the other hand, being such douchebags as human beings it wouldn’t surprise me if they resorted to a disabilty to rationalize the results of their poor parenting.

Being one of those families & knowing many of them, those people were complete asshats. I have trouble believing anyone w a severely disabled child would have such little self awareness that they’d push someone who possibly has mental health issues to the edge. Typically families w severely disabled kids have a little more self awareness/compassion than these two idiots.

On the other hand, being such douchebags as human beings it wouldn’t surprise me if they resorted to a disabilty to rationalize the results of their poor parenting.

I'm not guessing on this particular case, but I'll happily accept that it isn't widespread

Often, yes.

But I work with an awful lot of families with SPED kids, some more severe, some less severe. I've been working with them for almost 20 years now. My experience is that SPED parents are exactly like every other parent: some are asshats, some are stellar, most are in the middle.

Last edited:

-----
=====
James Goy/Lisa Goy:
-----

underneath another PE.

Thanks for the evidence - to support the theory.

After watching the video a few times, and looking at the pics of the two houses - that is what got me thinking about what exactly it was that prompted all of this.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it - but the part of the video where *couple* is yelling at the guy, just made me think that something was "off" with those two. I think it's unusual that you get a woman who is that aggressive, she's joining right in and yelling at the guy and taunting him. Usually the wife will be the de-escalator. That's "normal" behavior IMHO. And this might sound weird, but the husband used the words "queer" and "pussy" - that's like some middle school tough guy bullshit - who the hell uses words like that? Makes me think they thought the guy (shooter) was gay or something.

And that's what made me think about the wife angle. Again - maybe reading too much into it, but there's a shit-ton of stuff out there on the interwebs now of guys going into the analysis of women's behavior - towards men that they deem to be inferior and/or towards men that piss them off because they don't think that the men deserve the station in life they've achieved.

Seems like the shooter was single, his house looked relatively nice and well kept, and his history seems to indicate a pattern of "doing the right thing". He went thru a number of career positions - got himself educated - and did jobs that were technically challenging and required certification and so forth. I've known a few guys like this in my life - have a couple of friends sort of like this. They're not hooked up with women - for whatever reason, but they're not gay. They just sort of ended up on a life track that made them actually successful - as opposed to being a druggie living in their mother's basement - but without a wife or family.

I think some women look at that and just think "WTF" - why is he doing all that - and not with a woman - what is he gay or something? And they look at their own station in life and see somebody doing much better than them - without them ...... and it pisses them off.

Back
Top Bottom