3 neighbors dead following snow removal dispute in PA township

mikeyp

NES Member
JFC

Video here(of the shooting)
View: https://mobile.twitter.com/rico56st/status/1357340151479848963?fbclid=IwAR2uLuOsQxYCz9xTY4qiyiyZh72402vGuvJMA873Wu2InL5t7uPW3iY5aaM

The bodies of James and Lisa Goy were found in the street

A dispute over snow disposal has left Pennsylvania residents dead.

Three Plains Township residents were left dead in what authorities are calling a murder-suicide. A neighbor shot a husband and wife on Monday during a snow storm just before 9 a.m. They had apparently been feuding over where to deposit snow.

Major Winter Storm Hammers East Coast With High Winds And Heavy Snow

According to Fox 56, the Goys were cleaning off their vehicles and throwing snow onto Jeffrey Spaide‘s, 47, property as he was shoveling. He asked them to stop but once they refused, they started arguing and cursing at each other. The neighbor who lives across the street then went inside and grabbed a gun. He apparently let off shots but the couple did not immediately flee. He then allegedly fired shots hitting the victims.

Spaide then went into his home and grabbed a handgun and shot the couple until the gun was empty. He then went back to his home and grabbed an AR-15-type rifle and shot two more rounds into each victim. About 15 to 20 shots were fired.

A neighbor who was shoveling his driveway saw the entire incident transpire and called 911. When officers arrived at the home to arrest Spaide, they heard a gunshot go off and found him dead when they entered.

Another neighbor Tyler Fisch had just moved into the neighborhood and was taken aback by what happened.

“It’s indescribable,” said Fisch.

“It’s pretty scary seeing it you know right next to you, so coming home to this. It’s an odd feeling for everyone,” he added.

The chief of the township police department Dale Binker said there was no record of the neighbors arguing in the past but there could have been a past dispute over “placement of snow in somebody’s yard.”

The Goys’ 15-year-old autistic son was in the home at the time of the shooting. He is now staying with his grandparents.

“One is in the middle of the street,” said Luzerne County First Assistant District Attorney Sam Sanguedolce in regards to the couple’s bodies. “The other is in between two parked cars. That is a husband and wife.”

That guy had some serious screws loose if not just plain old missing.

Could have just waited until May.

We would always have those disputes back in my NJ town. After digging out their car they would place various place keeping items in the space when the car was removed. they couldn't get it through their head that they didn't own the spot and it was fair game. They would built multi family homes in the town with one garage and one spot in the driveway. Meanwhile each house had two or three cars so parking on the street was sparse.

But this is the same city that banned bullet resistant glass in retail shops because it "gave the wrong impression".

there was no record of the neighbors arguing in the past but there could have been a past dispute over “placement of snow in somebody’s yard.”
So keeping people locked up in their homes has no effects at all?

JFC

Video here(of the shooting)
View: https://mobile.twitter.com/rico56st/status/1357340151479848963?fbclid=IwAR2uLuOsQxYCz9xTY4qiyiyZh72402vGuvJMA873Wu2InL5t7uPW3iY5aaM

The bodies of James and Lisa Goy were found in the street

A dispute over snow disposal has left Pennsylvania residents dead.

Three Plains Township residents were left dead in what authorities are calling a murder-suicide. A neighbor shot a husband and wife on Monday during a snow storm just before 9 a.m. They had apparently been feuding over where to deposit snow.

Major Winter Storm Hammers East Coast With High Winds And Heavy Snow

According to Fox 56, the Goys were cleaning off their vehicles and throwing snow onto Jeffrey Spaide‘s, 47, property as he was shoveling. He asked them to stop but once they refused, they started arguing and cursing at each other. The neighbor who lives across the street then went inside and grabbed a gun. He apparently let off shots but the couple did not immediately flee. He then allegedly fired shots hitting the victims.

Spaide then went into his home and grabbed a handgun and shot the couple until the gun was empty. He then went back to his home and grabbed an AR-15-type rifle and shot two more rounds into each victim. About 15 to 20 shots were fired.

A neighbor who was shoveling his driveway saw the entire incident transpire and called 911. When officers arrived at the home to arrest Spaide, they heard a gunshot go off and found him dead when they entered.

Another neighbor Tyler Fisch had just moved into the neighborhood and was taken aback by what happened.

“It’s indescribable,” said Fisch.

“It’s pretty scary seeing it you know right next to you, so coming home to this. It’s an odd feeling for everyone,” he added.

The chief of the township police department Dale Binker said there was no record of the neighbors arguing in the past but there could have been a past dispute over “placement of snow in somebody’s yard.”

The Goys’ 15-year-old autistic son was in the home at the time of the shooting. He is now staying with his grandparents.

“One is in the middle of the street,” said Luzerne County First Assistant District Attorney Sam Sanguedolce in regards to the couple’s bodies. “The other is in between two parked cars. That is a husband and wife.”

I wish I hadn't watched that.

He's coming down the driveway with the gun out and shooting, so she pulls her cellphone out, walks towards him, and starts yelling "Go ahead! Go ahead! I've got video" while her husband just stands there waiting.

WTF is wrong with people? I thought the morons taking cell video inside an airliner on fire were nuts, but all three of these people were flat out insane.

That was pretty bad. I've seen some messed up videos, but I think the audio on this one brings it in my top 5.

As far as firearms goes, this makes you double think about carrying for self defense. Few observations here:
Dead husband and wife were not completely innocent as walking away would have probably prevented their deaths (today). But if they were carrying a firearms, they could have at least given some defense.

So think about that next time you go about doing you normal daily activities. Because when you least expect it, you may need it.

Also, I'm curious as to what size handgun he first used. He literally had an execution head shot to the wife and she still sat up afterwards. This should also make you double think about ammo and EDC selections. The human body takes a while to die.

Deescalate, deescalate, deescalate.

you never know who is on the other end of that FU you’re slinging, or which side of the bed they woke up on.
Pro tip, stop calling the dude a pussy and don't dare him to shoot you when he has a gun in his hand. The neighborhood should be quieter now.

When I hear a gun shot, I'm running. Simple as that. People are losing their shit with this pandemic. The shooter might have lost everything in his life and this was the trigger that set him off. Lot's of folks are going through very difficult times. (Politicians Excluded) Let's all try to remember that. There was definitely a history with these neighbors. No doubt about that. Hopefully they didn't have kids.

Back
Top Bottom