• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3 more and I'm not jealous

Jay G said:
Did you have the same experience with the slide release right out of the box? I locked the thing back, then went to hit the slide release and damn near broke my thumb off... :)

Are you saying it works hard even without a mag in it? If so, mine isn't that way. It's only a little stiff with a mag inserted, but not enough for me to be concerned about at all.

Work it bit...put one in..take one out and repeat. I'm sure it will help.

Jay G said:
Did you have the same experience with the slide release right out of the box? I locked the thing back, then went to hit the slide release and damn near broke my thumb off... :)

Are you saying it works hard even without a mag in it? If so, mine isn't that way. It's only a little stiff with a mag inserted, but not enough for me to be concerned about at all.

Jay G said:

Pilgrim said:
Jay G said:

I can't recall (the gun's in the safe under the bed, and the Mrs. is already sleepin'. I ain't wakin' the grizzly...), but I think it was with an empty mag in place.

Working it in is definitely in the plan. I've already mag'd up an entire WWB of .45 FMJs... ;)

BTW, I thought of a better description of how the grips felt: Cheese-grater.

Pilgrim said:
Jay G said:

I can't recall (the gun's in the safe under the bed, and the Mrs. is already sleepin'. I ain't wakin' the grizzly...), but I think it was with an empty mag in place.

Working it in is definitely in the plan. I've already mag'd up an entire WWB of .45 FMJs... ;)

Pilgrim said:
Jay G said:

Jay G said:
the slide release requires approximately 8,000 ft.lbs of pressure to release - but I'd be SHOCKED if that didn't "break in" after 500 or so rounds.

Is this common? I was playing with a SIG Pro yesterday and it had the same problem. I figured it would work out in time also.

Matt

Jay G said:
the slide release requires approximately 8,000 ft.lbs of pressure to release - but I'd be SHOCKED if that didn't "break in" after 500 or so rounds.

Is this common? I was playing with a SIG Pro yesterday and it had the same problem. I figured it would work out in time also.

Matt

Jay G said:

Matt

dwarven1 said:
[quote="Jay G]"Prickly" - that's EXACTLY the right word! I couldn't quite think of how to describe it.

Well, if you want some really sexy grips for your 1911, try here: http://www.esmeralda.cc/[/quote]

Curse you Ross!!!

Actually, for this gun it's not all that tempting. Now, once I get my SW1911... ;)

BTW, for those interested, I got a chance to work the gun a little bit tonight. A good deal of the stiffness (read: sticking) has been worked out already. I've even worn down the "prickly"-ness of the grips a bit (either that or sanded off all the pain receptors in my hands, I can't really tell...)

dwarven1 said:
[quote="Jay G]"Prickly" - that's EXACTLY the right word! I couldn't quite think of how to describe it.

Well, if you want some really sexy grips for your 1911, try here: http://www.esmeralda.cc/[/quote]

Curse you Ross!!!

Actually, for this gun it's not all that tempting. Now, once I get my SW1911... ;)

BTW, for those interested, I got a chance to work the gun a little bit tonight. A good deal of the stiffness (read: sticking) has been worked out already. I've even worn down the "prickly"-ness of the grips a bit (either that or sanded off all the pain receptors in my hands, I can't really tell...)

dwarven1 said:

Curse you Ross!!!

Back
Top Bottom