• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3 killed In shooting in Pennsylvania police trying to figure out

I like how you can read 5 different stories from "news outlets" and get 5 different accounts of what happened...everything from what type of guns were used to how he was stopped.

this one says he fired a "long weapon" at the building before getting a handgun and using it inside. it also makes this out to be a personal "go time"

"Newell had been in a long-running dispute with township officials over the dilapidated condition of his property, Hoke told NBC Philadelphia. The township supervisors voted in February 2012 to take legal action against Newell for violating zoning and sewer regulations, according to NBC Philadelphia.

The Record reported in June that a Monroe County judge ordered him to vacate the property a year ago.

"They have no right to kick me off my property," Newell told the newspaper in June. "They call my property an 'eyesore.' When I bought it, it was one of only three properties on the entire road that didn't have what they call 'junk.'"

The account I read had one eyewitness state the fire was "automatic," sounding like firecrackers going off. So I've been trying to figure out what that long-gun was. All I can piece together it was some kind of scoped long gun. But the article seemed anxious to give the impression of a full auto AR or AK.

While few would advocate such actions over something such as a property dispute, bear in mind that this man was about to have his property condemned, leading to fines and unpaid taxes that then allow these town bosses to take it from him. All legal of course. Anyone who thinks your town is ok with you living in a shack and storing propane canisters in a doghouse is sadly mistaken. Anyone remember *arl *rega in Colebrook? Similar situation I believe...

While few would advocate such actions over something such as a property dispute, bear in mind that this man was about to have his property condemned, leading to fines and unpaid taxes that then allow these town bosses to take it from him. All legal of course. Anyone who thinks your town is ok with you living in a shack and storing propane canisters in a doghouse is sadly mistaken. Anyone remember *arl *rega in Colebrook? Similar situation I believe...

was no about to about it. he was already forced off the property and had been living in his car and abandoned buildings.

If that were mass Martha would have the man who tackled him charged. We don't want people fighting back, be a victim and cower behind that overturned table.

from the comments

Herenamaste
Scott15 hours ago

As long as we have this amount of guns in circulation here in America, these stories should come as no surprise.
Didn't some of our Presidents of the past get killed by guns, and some survive???
The gun culture is over-loaded in America (no pun intended).

I love people's stupidity sometimes, its humorous. another commenter makes a valid rebuttle that chicago, DC, detroit, NYC are all doing so well without guns

Back
Top Bottom