3 gun match at Harvard sportsmans Club June 10th

Sometimes there is an excuse for cheap ammo. The course of fire as announced stated that there would be no rifle shots over 65 yds. As long as the ammo would cycle reliably just about anything will work at 65 yds.

I thought I knew better but completely forgot that my cheapo Wolf ammo might be steel core. A very strong suggestion prior to the match that the shooters magnet test their ammo is a cheap way to save some plates.

I guess I should have said ammo of unknown components.

I guess I should have said ammo of unknown components.

The problem is ammo of "unexpected components". I spoke with some shooters today who shot the match and told me that they were unaware of the various MFRs who use either steel cored or steel jacketed bullets. Fortunately they chose to use thier own reloads and avoided any possible embarassment. I guess the problem is that there is a lot more destructive steel jacketed or cored ammo out there than a lot of us are aware of.

The problem is ammo of "unexpected components". I spoke with some shooters today who shot the match and told me that they were unaware of the various MFRs who use either steel cored or steel jacketed bullets. Fortunately they chose to use thier own reloads and avoided any possible embarassment. I guess the problem is that there is a lot more destructive steel jacketed or cored ammo out there than a lot of us are aware of.

They should add THIS to their range bags. It could save them some embarrasement.

Back
Top Bottom