3 Gun Competitions

Not to be disrespectful to some out there but the challenge of 3 gun is what makes it interesting. Getting your gear ready and contiually improving your skills with all 3 guns is exciting and challenging. If I wanted competitions to be easy, I should stay home and watch TV. I hope there are some shooters out there that welcome the challenge or I guess I will have to do some traveling.

It's a real shame.

In 2018 and 2019, CPFG, SSFGA, Pioneer, Pemi, and Wallum Lake were all running 3-gun matches. There was one every other week or at times, nearly every single week, from end up April until end of October. The matches were so busy if you didn't register within the hour registration opened (or less!), you couldn't get a spot.

Now it's practically dead up here. It's a real shame. Taylor and Josh are gone. CPFG still does them, but we're so small it's limited and mostly the same each time. And last year, we could hardly get people for it.

With that said, there are some 2-gun matches at Pemi and Wallum Lake. And out of nowhere, it seems like Pioneer is doing 3-gun again?

It's a real shame.

In 2018 and 2019, CPFG, SSFGA, Pioneer, Pemi, and Wallum Lake were all running 3-gun matches. There was one every other week or at times, nearly every single week, from end up April until end of October. The matches were so busy if you didn't register within the hour registration opened (or less!), you couldn't get a spot.

Now it's practically dead up here. It's a real shame. Taylor and Josh are gone. CPFG still does them, but we're so small it's limited and mostly the same each time. And last year, we could hardly get people for it.

With that said, there are some 2-gun matches at Pemi and Wallum Lake. And out of nowhere, it seems like Pioneer is doing 3-gun again?

It takes a lot of work to put together good matches and those folks did a great job. Running matches is a commitment and always needing help setting up, running shooters and breaking down gets old. Sadly there’s too many people that just show up to shoot then leave and don’t help resetting stages. I’m thankful for those that organize any type of match and for the people helping run them.

Back
Top Bottom