• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3 dead in NJ Supermarket shooting

I was jokingly saying to a few guys at work that all of these shootings were "Fast and Furious part 2". All of these shootings are set up to show how evil guns are and that something must be done. Everyone I was saying it to believed that it was a possibility. I wouldnt put it past the current government but I highly doubt it.
I am not espousing a conspiracy by the government, though nothing is beyond this administration...

I am saying that the media is made up of people who individually and institutionally have proven their ignorance and bias against firearms and willingness to manipulate the story, intentionally or otherwise, to suit this bias.

It requires no cabal, no secret memos, no shady initiation right... Only that people are willing suckers to the snake oil they are selling.

I am not espousing a conspiracy by the government, though nothing is beyond this administration...

I am saying that the media is made up of people who individually and institutionally have proven their ignorance and bias against firearms and willingness to manipulate the story, intentionally or otherwise, to suit this bias.

It requires no cabal, no secret memos, no shady initiation right... Only that people are willing suckers to the snake oil they are selling.

And a JournoList.

I'm down in Woodbridge NJ right now, not far from Old Bridge where this happened! [shocked]

In fact, we drove by that Pathmark yesterday, my buddy has a good friend that's a manager at that very store!

WTF is going on? This is crazy. It seems like someone just is flipping switches, an attack over here a week later another attack over there???????????

Nothing is going on, man. It is the media pulling sensationalistic bullshit to bring in more hits and views. There is a reason why the national crime rate as well as homicide rate is down 15% to 20% compared to 20 years ago but the media's coverage on homicides and other crimes are up 300% in that time.

Remember when that car racing movie The Fast and The Furious came out? The media had a field day, reporting on this "new" trend among young people called "CAR RACING" and talked about a rash of car accidents now occurring since the movie premiered and blamed it on F&F. Seriously? LOL.

The same thing with good ole serial killer Ed Gein. In the early 1900s, prior to Ed Gein, no one had any concept of someone being a ritualistic, serial killer. This is because we had NO mass media at the time to give minute by minute reporting, along with no easy access to data and information and knowledge. Funny thing is, as time went on and people investigated into the likelihood of there being more Ed Gein's out there doing the early 1900s, they found that there were: hundreds of them.

Nothing is going on, man. It is the media pulling sensationalistic bullshit to bring in more hits and views. There is a reason why the national crime rate as well as homicide rate is down 15% to 20% compared to 20 years ago but the media's coverage on homicides and other crimes are up 300% in that time.

Remember when that car racing movie The Fast and The Furious came out? The media had a field day, reporting on this "new" trend among young people called "CAR RACING" and talked about a rash of car accidents now occurring since the movie premiered and blamed it on F&F. Seriously? LOL.

The same thing with good ole serial killer Ed Gein. In the early 1900s, prior to Ed Gein, no one had any concept of someone being a ritualistic, serial killer. This is because we had NO mass media at the time to give minute by minute reporting, along with no easy access to data and information and knowledge. Funny thing is, as time went on and people investigated into the likelihood of there being more Ed Gein's out there doing the early 1900s, they found that there were: hundreds of them.

Great analogy to Ed Gein. I totally agree with you on that one. Ban the media. For the children.

There is a reason why the national crime rate as well as homicide rate is down 15% to 20% compared to 20 years ago but the media's coverage on homicides and other crimes are up 300% in that time.

Yes, but when that stat about the crime rate being down gets discussed, you get the mayors of major metropolitan cities, like Boston, NY, SF, etc. saying it is because the strict gun laws here are working.

Yes, but when that stat about the crime rate being down gets discussed, you get the mayors of major metropolitan cities, like Boston, NY, SF, etc. saying it is because the strict gun laws here are working.

Well, staying true to their political lying scum bag roots, the mayors of Boston, NY, SF, Chicago, Newark will always blame all sorts of other things for the crime rate skyrocketing and intentionally brush off the fact that all of those cities have seen a rise in gun violence and murder since strict gun laws were put in place, because most of them want to have as much power over the "peasants" as possible.

Look what happened in DC 2 years ago when the handgun ban was slanted to be lifted...The mayor and CLEO were in the media screaming about there will be blood in the streets if this ban was lifted and bleh bleh bleh...2 years later, murder rates have dropped again by 25% since it was lifted. You never hear them admit there is any correlation. because politicians and bureaucrats want us disarmed.

Maybe, but they would be wrong b/c this is a national crime rate and crime rates in states like AZ where the crime rate has dropped significantly since 2000 and 2004 (when the AWB expired). AZ is one of 3 states that do not require a permit for CCW.

Also, other cities with strict gun laws like Chicago and DC (I believe) have seen increases of violent crime while national crime rates have decreased.

So what's a "magazine cartridge"?

I too would like to know what is a “magazine cartridge” and where can I buy some?

I am also curious if his camouflage had pictures of cheese, milk, apples, bread, etc.

And where were YOU around 6 this morning?

I was sound asleep.
Had a bunch of these last night:

yuengoktober-200x259.jpg

My friends neighbor is a local police sergeant and a member of the regional SWAT team.
He got called out to the incident in Old Bridge, but it was already over by the time he arrived.
On his way back, he stopped by his house with the SWAT truck.
It's an old Mack Haz-Mat truck they converted for police use.
I snapped a few photos of it, I'll post them when I get back home. [laugh]

I was sound asleep.
Had a bunch of these last night:

yuengoktober-200x259.jpg

My friends neighbor is a local police sergeant and a member of the regional SWAT team.
He got called out to the incident in Old Bridge, but it was already over by the time he arrived.
On his way back, he stopped by his house with the SWAT truck.
It's an old Mack Haz-Mat truck they converted for police use.
I snapped a few photos of it, I'll post them when I get back home. [laugh]

It never fails to amaze me what a small world it is. How many of us run into buddies or family while travelling? Or manage to be in the right (or wrong) place just in time to see something great (or tragic).

Pass me one of them bottles!

I'm home now, here's the pic of the truck my buddys neighbor responded to the scene driving:

Woodbridge_SWAT.jpg

My buddy spoke to his friend that works at that Pathmark.
He starts work at 6:00am, when he got there the place was cordoned off with crime scene tape and crawling with cops.
He had no idea what happened until he arrived, then they wouldn't let him inside to punch the time clock. [laugh]
The cops interviewed him, but he didn't really know the guy because the killer had only been working there for 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom