• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3/27/23 Nashville School Shooting

“Lee’s executive order creates a 72-hour period for any new criminal activity and court mental health information to be reported on the Tennessee Instant Check System, the background check system used by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI).”
You spelled traumatic brain injury wrong...

Tennessee officials say FBI stalling release of Nashville shooter Audrey Hale manifesto​

Hale had 'memoirs' and several weapons were found by authorities after the shooting that killed six people​

Authorities have delayed the release of a manifesto penned by Audrey Hale, the shooter who killed six inside a Nashville, Tennessee elementary school, one public official said, calling it a "blueprint on total destruction."

Rep. Tim Burchett, R-Tennessee, told the New York Post the FBI was behind the delay while calling for the documents to be released to grieving loved ones and Congress.

The manifesto "could maybe tell us a little bit about what’s going on inside of her head," he told the newspaper. "I think that would answer a lot of questions."

Hale, 28, identified as transgender and was a former student at The Covenant School when she opened fire at the private Presbyterian school last month. Three children and three adults were murdered in the shooting: Evelyn Dieckhaus, 9, Hallie Scruggs, 9, William Kinney, 9, Cynthia Peak, 61, Katherine Koonce, 60, and Mike Hill, 61.

During a search of the house Hale shared with her parents, authorities seized 20 journals, five laptops, a suicide note and various other notes written by Hale as well as two memoirs, five Covenant School yearbooks and seven cellphones, according to a search warrant.

Nashville Council member Courtney Johnston told The Post the FBI has already ruled the manifesto would not be released in its entirety.

"What I was told is, her manifesto was a blueprint on total destruction, and it was so, so detailed at the level of what she had planned," she said, when reached by phone.

"That document in the wrong person’s hands would be astronomically dangerous," she added.

She said she believed part of Hale's writings would come out but that "the vast, overwhelming majority of it," presented too much of a danger to the public.

Fox News Digital has reached out to the FBI.

Tennessee officials say FBI stalling release of Nashville shooter Audrey Hale manifesto​

Hale had 'memoirs' and several weapons were found by authorities after the shooting that killed six people​

Authorities have delayed the release of a manifesto penned by Audrey Hale, the shooter who killed six inside a Nashville, Tennessee elementary school, one public official said, calling it a "blueprint on total destruction."

Rep. Tim Burchett, R-Tennessee, told the New York Post the FBI was behind the delay while calling for the documents to be released to grieving loved ones and Congress.

The manifesto "could maybe tell us a little bit about what’s going on inside of her head," he told the newspaper. "I think that would answer a lot of questions."

Hale, 28, identified as transgender and was a former student at The Covenant School when she opened fire at the private Presbyterian school last month. Three children and three adults were murdered in the shooting: Evelyn Dieckhaus, 9, Hallie Scruggs, 9, William Kinney, 9, Cynthia Peak, 61, Katherine Koonce, 60, and Mike Hill, 61.

During a search of the house Hale shared with her parents, authorities seized 20 journals, five laptops, a suicide note and various other notes written by Hale as well as two memoirs, five Covenant School yearbooks and seven cellphones, according to a search warrant.

Nashville Council member Courtney Johnston told The Post the FBI has already ruled the manifesto would not be released in its entirety.

"What I was told is, her manifesto was a blueprint on total destruction, and it was so, so detailed at the level of what she had planned," she said, when reached by phone.

"That document in the wrong person’s hands would be astronomically dangerous," she added.

She said she believed part of Hale's writings would come out but that "the vast, overwhelming majority of it," presented too much of a danger to the public.

Fox News Digital has reached out to the FBI.

Rated by outcomes, this mass killer’s plan was rather poor with n=6 killed and n=0 wounded. Of the manifestos released from other mass killings, what would make this one astronomically dangerous?

I have a bad habit of not recycling my old phones until the day I open up the drawer I stick them in and can't fit the latest one. I took something like a dozen phones to a recycling event recently.
I’m OCD when it comes to that kind of stuff. I don’t keep anything. The thoughts of that many phones and laptops drives me nuts.[rofl]

If her plans were that detailed and instructive it might lead one to believe she was looking for suicide by cop along with enough death to be remembered and not to maximize body count.

Used as a planning template by someone with the intent to cause maximum body count but without the intellect to understand the necessary planning details the purported manifesto could be a horrific tool.
But the government shouldn't be in the business of prophesy so the manifesto should be released so that school security personnel can understand the vulnerabilities documented and make changes to mitigate them.

Or the manifesto details her glowing handlers and it would open up a maelstrom on those at very high levels

But the government shouldn't be in the business of prophesy so the manifesto should be released so that school security personnel can understand the vulnerabilities documented and make changes to mitigate them.

Some of those might well see the contents before any of the rest of us do. My town CoP goes down for training with the FBI every couple years. I assume they show him stuff like this.

If her plans were that detailed and instructive it might lead one to believe she was looking for suicide by cop along with enough death to be remembered and not to maximize body count.

Used as a planning template by someone with the intent to cause maximum body count but without the intellect to understand the necessary planning details the purported manifesto could be a horrific tool.

Or the manifesto details her glowing handlers and it would open up a maelstrom on those at very high levels
Or…

It may show that this extended beyond just an individual being involved.

Or…

It may show that this extended beyond just an individual being involved.
If there was more than a single shooter and it wasn't made public then that would invoke my second clause

If there was more than a single shooter and it wasn't made public then that would invoke my second clause
Yup.

Not implying multiple shooters but that maybe this was planned by more than just the shooter.

Who knows… and that’s why not releasing the manifesto is a mistake.

I was under the same impression as well.
It does tell you there is damaging stuff to the FBI in there.
Probably names and details of her handlers.
200w.gif

I sincerely hope those rumors we heard that locals maintained a copy are true.

An interesting concept. I thought ruling was left to the judicial branch.

Hah! That's so cute.

Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before bringing charges. There are obvious considerations, like the strength of the evidence, especially regarding intent. Responsible decisions also consider the context of a person’s actions, and how similar situations have been handled in the past.

Of course they’re stalling it because it’s either one of their wind up toys or it exposes the government looking bad. Honestly the PD probably would have released it but I bet they were strongarmed by the feds within 10 minutes of the shooter being identified.

Of course they’re stalling it because it’s either one of their wind up toys or it exposes the government looking bad. Honestly the PD probably would have released it but I bet they were strongarmed by the feds within 10 minutes of the shooter being identified.
Dollars. 2. Donuts.

As are, I'd bet, many others, including:
130328102411-adam-lanza-mug.jpg

...which is why we need to know: WHO WERE THEIR DOCS?

Who or what determines who gets custody of her ramblings? City PD, county, state, federal/FBI? Is that process documented for us laymen? What *is* available to the public to demand its release? Does FOI cover "evidence?"
I am in the camp that says publicizing these crazies's names, and their manifestos, only invites copycats.

Report the event, but silence the voice. Motives don't matter, only actions.

I am in the camp that says publicizing these crazies's names, and their manifestos, only invites copycats.

Report the event, but silence the voice. Motives don't matter, only actions.

I agree, except that I wouldn't say motives don't matter. I think they do, in the sense that parents, school resource officers, and folks like that can benefit from any warning signs, IF there are any.

But in the sense that the general public "needs to know" about the motives? I'm much less supportive of that, partly because bias will probably determine how the public interprets those motives for themselves. But mostly because the risk of copycats has to be much, much lower if we don't give other potential shooters the idea that their words will be glorified after they die.

Back
Top Bottom