• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3/19 AFS USPSA Match

The IPSC match this Sunday has been sold out for while, but those who have wanted to check out the sport can stop by. The ranges are not open during the match but the AFS store is open and their inventory has been getting better and better.

If you want to see what we have been talking about, stop by. Any of the shooters would be happy to answer questions and show the stages.

The season just starting. Check out the schedule for future matches here:
http://www.uspsa-ne.org/matches.asp?year=2006

See you Sunday, Steve

One of my friends came to the Harvard match, while he did not shoot, he had a great time. He helped tape targets and got see to the stages up close

Since he is new to shooting, he doesn't feel he is ready to shot a match, but with alittle more practice, he should be ready

If anyone is interest, please come out and see what all the fun is about

Thanks for your hard work Matt. Although I hated to see those results...LOL

You guys did a Helluva job there today, Take a bow! Nicely done!

Thanks Matt, I hope it wasn't any "flies off your back" to leave the shotgun club and get those done so fast.

I had a great time. With a ton of Matt's help, I designed my first stage ever. I really liked how it came out and was really revved up to shoot it. When it was my turn, I got up to the line, drew, and made one shot, at which time my slide locked back and wouldn't move freely. So I zeroed the first stage of my own.

My buddy Scott took time out of his shooting, tore my pistol completely apart and reassembled it to function fine.... then I had a brass problem on the third stage and tanked that one too :)

I was squadded with Supermoto, SwatMedic, and PistolPete and they were all shooting great.

Thanks to AFS. I look forward to shooting there more.

Steve,
They were great stages, I had alot of fun. even though I spent more time chasing mags then shooting.

I don't know what was funnier, dropping the mag as my gun went threw the hole in the barracade and having to fish the last one out of my pocket.....

.. or having to pick a mag off the ground to finish the stage when the last mag jammed.

Time for some new mags and more mag pouches

Fun time great stages

You and Pete shot clean with great points. That was awesome. After a few more matchs your reloads will be clean too.

Try some Tripp Research Cobra mags.

Thanks Steve,
I'll try some of those mags if mine act up again. I'm not 100% sure it was a mag problem that cause an unexpected slide lock on the last stage. But it is easier to blame a mag than admitt that I forgot to load a mag all the way. :)

I will be getting rid of that extend mag release though

All and all, I felt that I shot better this match, I was seeing my front sight clearer and tracking it better.

What a great time the match was. Sorry you had all those problems Steve. I felt pretty good yesterday with my shooting. I had a few minor issues but it was all good in the end. Thanks for another great AFS match.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom