2nd Amendment Rights in MA & RI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am new to the firearm world. I do not have a gun license and I will never be able to get one from issues years back. But being older now, married with kids I feel I have the right to be safe within my home. I am not looking to carry a firearm in person or in my car. But I feel I have the right to be armed within my home to protect my family and myself. Just as the 2nd Amendment states. But because of a past mistake I now am told I do not have that right. I have been looking into that compact Polymer 80% for the Glock 19 Gen 3. But if what I am reading right is it is legal for me to purchase everything and build this but in MA I am breaking the law if I dont register this gun within 7 days? Is this correct? Any exceptions? This can not be registered unless I have an FID card right? Am I understanding this right? Every other state I can legally posses this in my home legally without a license? Is RI the same as MA too? I am trying to educate myself and this is what lead me to this website. You all seem very knowledgeable and I could learn a lot here.

If it's not legal for you to possess a firearm in MA, buying components and assembling one doesn't make it any less illegal.

You're suggesting something that can get you locked up, in your house or not, for a long time.

Yeah.....no. Don't do any of this you ask. If your legal woes are definitive "PP", then please, don't. You're asking for a prison sentence if caught. If it is questionable that you are a PP, talk to a knowledgeable lawyer, they may be able to help.

Oh, and the first "Hi Mora" [wave]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom