• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2nd Amendment Rally - Washington D.C., Nov. 2nd

Here's the problem I have with these kinds of events. One they are utter nonsense, the needle isn't going to move one way or the other.
The PSH it induces in the MSM: priceless.

Second, you know there are going to be some drunken redneck yahoos that are going to be there with gadsen flag/aborted fetus pictures and every single person there is going to be painted with the same brush. The right can't control their nuts any more than the left can.
Do gun protestors litter more than tea partiers?
Do gun protestors litter as much as any Donk protest ever?

If 5% of gun owners in ANY state were to show up at a hearing it would be thousands of people

It would instill massive fear in any/all pols at the mere thought of trying to run for another term

In MA they would just laugh and keep going into the building. The hard math doesn't work here politically, outside of maybe a handful of districts.... and out of those, are the few districts which either elect "centrist" dems that aren't flaming anti or republicans. Also the way the legislature is set up nobody that isn't from a big dump city will ever get any real political power beyond their one vote. The system here is f***ed up to favor the cabal of moonbats inside the 95/93 loops.

Its because gun owners are not enguaged and dont show up for hearings.

Lol so those stacks of people in MA that showed up for the last set of hearings in Boston were just a figment of our imagination? (from what people told me, there were so many people it went into an overflow room of some sort. ) The piles of letters we all fired off opposing a huge omnibus anti gun bill a while back, too.... ?

Remember how these things operate.... there's some low rung pols that run them, and even if we pack the halls it creates only a limited memetic effect.

The people causing all the trouble for us in this state are not "afraid" of anyone.

The hard problem is we don't have enough bodies at the polls to impact the outcome of an election. We didn't 10+ years ago and there are likely even less
now.

This isn't like NH where you can swing a state rep seat by making a couple dozen phone calls due to the representation ratio. It's much easier for you guys to
f*** up a bad politician because they get held accountable by a much smaller group of people.

ETA: I still think there is VALUE in doing it though. I think crapflooding the leg with letters was somewhat effective at getting them to tone down the rhetoric, among
other things. And you still have to tell "Them" that you're paying attention....

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom