2nd Amendment auditors

Devils Paintbrush

NES Member
Guy in Florida walking with fishing pole and rifle...legal in Florida.

A right that cannot be exercised is not a right.

Not really my cup of tea, but I agree with what he is doing.
The narrative is slowly being changed that anyone out in public with a firearm is a bad guy needs to be changed.

Fishing with AR

I would assume the purpose of this law was so that sportsmen in rural areas could defend themselves from snakes or gators or whatever other dangerous critters live in FL. Guys doing it in the city are just going to get it outlawed and ruin it for everyone else most likely. The system doesn’t enjoy being trolled. Then again, FL is pretty good gun rights wise usually.

Guys doing it in the city are just going to get it outlawed and ruin it for everyone else most likely.
If they are intentionally and directly creating a public disturbance, I can see that. But I think it's more likely that they're bringing public awareness to the principle of open-carrying long guns. The mere sight of someone open carrying should not be alarming.

Lone wolves doing this kind of auditing run a very serious risk of getting shot by a jittery scared cop. Best to do it in an organized group and slowly ease the public into learning that guns in public are not illegal in this country. Definitely helpful and very much necessary to educate the body politic, especially in liberal leaning areas. That said, hats off to anyone willing to 'audit' in the Boston area. Open carry a pair of desert eagles OWB around Quincy Market and hope for the best!

Lone wolves doing this kind of auditing run a very serious risk of getting shot by a jittery scared cop. Best to do it in an organized group and slowly ease the public into learning that guns in public are not illegal in this country. Definitely helpful and very much necessary to educate the body politic, especially in liberal leaning areas. That said, hats off to anyone willing to 'audit' in the Boston area. Open carry a pair of desert eagles OWB around Quincy Market and hope for the best!

How about just using that a$$wipe's billboard on the pike, it would better serve the public.

You mean like that group on 95 last week?
LOL!

You mean like that group on 95 last week?
LOL!
The group was headed from RI to Maine it looks like. I'm assuming they don't have our ultra special LTC-A permission cards. An NES group open carrying with unrestricted LTC-As [in theory] shouldn't be hassled my MA staties. When are we gonna get nationwide reciprocity so I can finally open carry a deagle in Times Square?

The group was headed from RI to Maine it looks like. I'm assuming they don't have our ultra special LTC-A permission cards. An NES group open carrying with unrestricted LTC-As [in theory] shouldn't be hassled my MA staties. When are we gonna get nationwide reciprocity so I can finally open carry a deagle in Times Square?
Great idea!
We should have an NES BBQ!

Showing some discretion isn't about 2a, it's part of life. The idea that there is "can do" and "should do" can and should be applied everywhere. We can genetically alter humans, but we definitely should not, you can yell racist slurs but you should not. It's not a 2a concept. It's about being a reasonable person. One of the biggest reasons laws even exist is because people fail to restrain themselves from doing things they shouldn't, so the easiest way to get more laws is to be unreasonable.

So go ahead and open carry in a time and manner you normally would, but if you're going out of you way to stir things up by where and how (i.e. rifle at the low ready, or on a single point) then you should expect to get what you are after, a bad reaction. This is not seeking "normalization", this is kicking the hornet's nest.

If you're after normalization, start with an organized group, publicize it so there is no surprise or shock. Dress conservatively, no camo or tac gear. Be polite and show yourselves as "reasonable" people. And keeps those firearm holstered and slung, as if you are casually walking down the street, not getting ready for a conflict. That's normalization.

Oh, and for those that don't get it, I'm not quoting or replying to any specific post. It is as it's written, a stand alone statement.

Some rights are strengthened when exercised. This includes open carry in some states.

Some rights are lost if exercised. CA banned open carry of long guns because some exercised the right in the 60s, and more recently did the same for open carry of unloaded guns because people were exercising that right.

The wise strategist understands how to determine which category a particular course of action falls into.

One can read this item from the Simkin decision as either supporting or not supporting open carry. Note that his concealment is cited as if some sort of virtue:

Next, we suspect that the average Massachusetts resident may become "alarmed" on learning that someone other than a law enforcement officer is carrying concealed weapons in his or her presence. However, Simkin is not responsible for alarm caused to others by his mere carrying of concealed weapons pursuant to a license permitting him to do exactly that. Although the bureau claims that Simkin "went out of his way to show and inform certain staff members that he was . . . armed," the record indicates otherwise. Simkin concealed his weapons until he was in the examination room and was about to disrobe, at

A long time ago, an idea was floated around here. The idea was interested NES members would visit each of the Minute Man statues in the commonwealth en masse with their favorite battle rifles for a photo session. Just putting it out there again.

Back
Top Bottom