• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2k budget

that's not even $0.01! bad advice! Beretta 92fs at 4seasons in woburn they're only $520 cash. I bought one and they're flawless, accurate, and fun….and you can buy MA legal 15 rd mags. pretty, military gun inexpensive, why pass dude?!

Jam-o-matic open slide POS PASS.

There is a reason every service branch has moved away from it or tried to. Both the Glock and SIG are better weapons.

Ok so got some cash swimming in my pockets and obviously want to broaden the spectrum of my collection. Will probably dump it all on guns and ammo. What should I get?

The following are already represented in my collection
15-22
91-30
30-06
12ga pump
12ga auto
AR 15

Things I want. Well the list can go on forever but......

Lever action
SKS
AK
Wheel gun
Beretta 92
Garand

Suggestions?????

No real suggestions. Before reading your want list but after reading your already have list, I was going to suggest 2/3's of your list. Lever gun. Wheel gun. Garand. AK. Seems like you are already on point.

I say pick any three.

MP5 all the way. Or just browse Atlantic Firearms to see all the fun and cool stuff. Most of it you can own legally with some basic modifications. Remember, any pistol can be made into a rifle (or SBR). Ammo prices should heavily factor into what gun you buy. 9mm rifles are awesome and cheap.

mp5.jpg

or build an MK12

4506186149_8f1c0b738c_z.jpg

Henry lever in 357 magnum and a S&W 686 and it will leave you with beer money or you can buy reloading equipment for....you guessed it... 357 magnum....or....buy a Mosin M44 and a cases of ammo :). Good luck!

Henry lever in 357 magnum and a S&W 686 and it will leave you with beer money or you can buy reloading equipment for....you guessed it... 357 magnum

A 357 or 44mag in both a lever AND a wheel gun is what I would do if I had a gun budget and nothing in mind to spend it on already.

Ok so got some cash swimming in my pockets and obviously want to broaden the spectrum of my collection. Will probably dump it all on guns and ammo. What should I get?

The following are already represented in my collection
15-22
91-30
30-06
12ga pump
12ga auto
AR 15

Things I want. Well the list can go on forever but......

Lever action
SKS
AK
Wheel gun
Beretta 92
Garand

Suggestions?????

Garand! An iconic piece of United States history and one heck of a gun! Accurate, powerful and IMO an absolute must have for any collection.
Zero Hour Arms

There is a reason every service branch has moved away from it or tried to. Both the Glock and SIG are better weapons.

Unsatisfied experience with Beretta. They run ok when clean and lubed but....eh. H&K, Glock, Walther and Sig best bets.

Unsatisfied experience with Beretta. They run ok when clean and lubed but....eh. H&K, Glock, Walther and Sig best bets.

I'm testing mine. No cleaning. Flawless.

Hasn't it been the US sidearm for 25 years, and only a few branches have sigs and colt 45s? I get the preference for 45 thing, I do too, but 9mm is cheaper to shoot. and it is accurate.

Ruger GP100, chambered in .38/.357, either in 4" or 6" barrel depending upon your preference.
Pair it up with a lever action rifle of the same chambering.
Easily done within your budget.

I'm testing mine. No cleaning. Flawless.

Hasn't it been the US sidearm for 25 years, and only a few branches have sigs and colt 45s? I get the preference for 45 thing, I do too, but 9mm is cheaper to shoot. and it is accurate.

I don't want to derail the thread but that open slide is a magnet for sand, dirt, water, mud, and anything else in the environment. If you are simply range shooting that may not be as much of an issue. As for being the .mil sidearm, ask the soldiers who have to shoot it what they think of rather than the brass. Most of those decisions are political in nature.

If you want to ask the .mil what they use, ask SOCOM and such what they use on missions requiring pistols.

Garand and a S&W Model 629 44 mag. Whatever is left goes for ammo and/or a class at the Sig academy. You're welcome.

ETA: Wow, just checked the CMP site. The Garands are getting scarcer and scarcer over there.

Last edited:
A M1 Garand from the CMP service grade 730$ shipped or if you want a like new M1 get the CMP special they build off a usgi receiver. 1030$ shipped. I would then use the remaining money for
A nice ron brown sling
20 or so clips
then the balance in ammo or start to reload. You can get into a nice reloading set up for 1k

Personally I would buy the PPU M2 ammo for the garand. Its not much more than the cmp stuff. shoots more accurately and you can sell the ammo can to recoupe a little cost.

Current reloading cost for garand with Nosler match bullet is .49 cents ea.

I don't want to derail the thread but that open slide is a magnet for sand, dirt, water, mud, and anything else in the environment. If you are simply range shooting that may not be as much of an issue. As for being the .mil sidearm, ask the soldiers who have to shoot it what they think of rather than the brass. Most of those decisions are political in nature.

If you want to ask the .mil what they use, ask SOCOM and such what they use on missions requiring pistols.

Bingo!

I don't dispute the political crap, but how many of us, in real life, need to do barrel rolls in the dirt. anyways, 92fs has survived many torture tests quite well.

Get Garand and SKS first because a year from now they will cost more. Everything else from your list is not going anywhere. Garand and SKS will be harder and harder to find because they are not produced any more.

I've never had a jam with either of my 92fs that wasn't mag related love my Beretta I'm looking to round out and get a few of the higher end custom shop models. I'm assuming your former military and have had a bad run in with them. The military pistol issues are well chronicled doesn't make the Beretta a bad gun just means you shouldn't run 300k rounds through them and treat them like crap with crap mags and expect them to be flawless. That said my night stand usually has a glock in it lol. But I trust my life with my Beretta some nights and it's a fun range gun.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't dispute the political crap, but how many of us, in real life, need to do barrel rolls in the dirt. anyways, 92fs has survived many torture tests quite well.

I mean have to do a barrel roll no but I don't wanna look like that cop a few weeks back either I want my tatical barrel rolls to looks as cool as I do.

I never quite understood the desire to have "one of everything" in their collection. Pretty much impossible to do unless you have unlimited money resources.
I accumulate guns I have an interest in, not to "fill a hole".

I have no liking or use for much of any communist-block weapons, so I don't own any. Mosins, AK's? What's the point?
Then again, most everybody here probably thinks I'm an idiot.

Collect what you like.

Back
Top Bottom