2A tactical in Barrington NH

frenchman

NES Member
I just saw a headline in the newspaper at Market Basket that they tried to unseat some elected officials of some sort. Does anyone have more info?

I hate zoning. I reject it because it usurps property owners' rights to use and enjoy their property. I reject the concept of "the majority" being able to control property they do not own.

When it comes to traffic, what is the difference if a single family home has five adults, driving five cars, working shifts and running errands at all hours, or an eBay addict getting multiple deliveries a day, or a highly social family having multiple friends over at all hours, versus a home business with even less traffic?

The only moral zoning is ownership. If you want to control it, buy it.

I hate zoning. I reject it because it usurps property owners' rights to use and enjoy their property. I reject the concept of "the majority" being able to control property they do not own.

When it comes to traffic, what is the difference if a single family home has five adults, driving five cars, working shifts and running errands at all hours, or an eBay addict getting multiple deliveries a day, or a highly social family having multiple friends over at all hours, versus a home business with even less traffic?

The only moral zoning is ownership. If you want to control it, buy it.
Your thoughts on this work way the F out in the boonies, but in suburbia, zoning can be helpful.

The only places that have zoning like this are the US and Canada. Somehow the rest of the planet functions without ridiculous zoning laws.

Been there personally. Bought my Tippmann 22 and a silencer from them great people to deal with. This is so frustrating as clearly just a small town politics anti 2a vendetta against a home based business because of elevated street traffic or parking. You cant even tell its a business driving by their residence. This war will continue to be ugly and hoping for the best for 2a tac

Another article linked to the reddit thread on it with additional details. Unknown if the fight was about his home business location or his newly purchased land. If the latter, well he kind of f***ed up by buying and supporting a shitty town.

Posted the reddit link to show how the other side controls the narrative here while our side just bitches and complains about it on closed forums.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/newhampshire/comments/wtxo8t/after_heated_debate_barrington_voters_subvert_2a/

You cant even tell its a business driving by their residence.

Google maps screenshot. Looks like a gypsy camp and has at least three cars parked on the street. This is not saying that is a bad thing, but it is obvious something is there. Of course, there is a friggen trailer park a 5 minute walk down the road, so the pinheads with their noses in the air don't have a good argument IMO.

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Default NES response applies here:
This law/decision is great if it supports my currently held beliefs but if it does not directly benefit me then it is unjust and should be illegal.

Another article linked to the reddit thread on it with additional details. Unknown if the fight was about his home business location or his newly purchased land. If the latter, well he kind of f***ed up by buying and supporting a shitty town.

Posted the reddit link to show how the other side controls the narrative here while our side just bitches and complains about it on closed forums.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/newhampshire/comments/wtxo8t/after_heated_debate_barrington_voters_subvert_2a/

Google maps screenshot. Looks like a gypsy camp and has at least three cars parked on the street. This is not saying that is a bad thing, but it is obvious something is there. Of course, there is a friggen trailer park a 5 minute walk down the road, so the pinheads with their noses in the air don't have a good argument IMO.

View attachment 653920
View attachment 653921

If you've ever been there, you would know that Gypsy Camp is actually tents set up temporally for a function. Barely visible from the street. Cars parked "on the street" are actually parked in a 30' wide gravel parking area.

If you've ever been there, you would know that Gypsy Camp is actually tents set up temporally for a function. Barely visible from the street. Cars parked "on the street" are actually parked in a 30' wide gravel parking area.
When i bought my silencer back in 12/2020 they had a large heated tent attached to the main store building with purchasable store items inside. When i went to pick up my silencer on 11/2021 all the tents were removed, just the rear building.

So what you're saying is he built a business's parking lot in what is probably a residential zoned area?

Again, not defending the zoning or attacking the business owner.

So what you're saying is he built a business's parking lot in what is probably a residential zoned area?

Again, not defending the zoning or attacking the business owner.
He merely widened the shoulder so cars were not in the street. Actually it is about 20' wide. The a**h*** from the town has been caught lying about him at town meetings and should have been removed.

He merely widened the shoulder so cars were not in the street. Actually it is about 20' wide. The a**h*** from the town has been caught lying about him at town meetings and should have been removed.

Which again is likely considered building a business parking lot in a residentially zoned area. Don't know, I couldn't pick out Barrington on a map and don't feel like looking up their stupid zoning rules.

As far as folks at the town lying-that is anysmalltown, USA.

You've got to take the 2A emotion out of it when you look at these things.

BL, if you vote zoning in, you're at the mercy of your government ruled HOA. If you move into a town with zoning, you're also accepting your government overlords.

a third thread--the 2A community loves to turn issues into D talking points.:
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/newhampshire/comments/wxnxv0/barringtons_deliberative_session_82022_around_bob/

Barrington is a liberal town, and I’ve found in the commies in NH are becoming quite emboldened lately. They don’t like all the wins the free staters have been getting.
Barrington has been very cooperative with my club for decades. From what I heard it's one selectman. I think Rob was running for that office. Rob was looking into putting up a building in a commercial area. That's a smart move on his part.

View attachment 653920
View attachment 653921

I think he's trying to extend working from his home.

I'm ok with zoning, done fairly, for fair reasons, if that's possible. Ie if something is normal for a Joe homeowner it ought to be OK for Joe to do as a business owner at home. That would include parking an RV in the driveway, or an 18 wheeler, but neither in the street, or a party on Saturday afternoon, or a bunch of customers coming by, but not that sorta traffic and commotion 5 days a week. I'd say the test would be, is the residential business doing something usual or unusual for a residence, not just the fact it's a business.

You setup a business before prohibitive zoning, they shouldn't be able to kick you out if zoning changes, but if you move into a neighborhood and change the traffic patterns while running an actual business you should expect problems too. Nobody wants a mosque or Walmart going up in their quiet neighborhood.

I question some things, a buddy took some shit once (and won eventually) over his apartment at his business - wasn't hurting a thing or bothering anyone other than some town official. And the "Muslim boys school" down the street from my girlfriend's house where they literally took a nice place, bricked up the windows, and have had a dirt yard and 365 days a year construction ever since - no clue what they are building but it's obviously a completely BS unprofessional project, an eyesore, right around people's houses. 20 bicycles parked out front, nothing that belongs there etc etc

Barrington has been very cooperative with my club for decades. From what I heard it's one selectman. I think Rob was running for that office. Rob was looking into putting up a building in a commercial area. That's a smart move on his part.

Believe me they would shut down Major Waldrons if given the opportunity, but that club is too big for them to have a leg to stand on. They actually have the financial backing to sue the town into oblivion.

Speaking of 2A Tac, last time I was there I saw for sale "civilian flash bang grenades". WTH are those ? Are they really a flash bang ?
Yes just not as potent. Snatch those up if you see them as they used to be made in Russia.
2A Tactical used to be my go to shop before I moved down to TN. I miss that place.

Back
Top Bottom