• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2A Rights Rally, Boston 4/14/2018

I've seen this mentioned briefly on another thread, but details were scant.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for info on who's actually organizing, and what the general/specific plan is? It seems to be a rudderless ghost ship based on the lack of info out there, but perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place.

Thanks!
(Keep reading if you have a few minutes and can tolerate a rant with some ideas)

I found that Greenfield is having a rally on April 7th (that I unfortunately can't attend) and whomever is running their FB page has put out some good guidance with respect to conduct, signage, concealed carry instead of open carry, and the main thrust of the message they want to get across.

It seems that there is a lot of self-flagellation and excuses amongst this community when it comes to organizing a gathering and showing up. "We suck at pulling events together", "Too many moonbats in Mass; we're already a lost cause", "We don't have the experience that the libs do b/c they protest everything", "We're at work while they're out protesting", "we shouldn't even have to protest/demonstrate" etc.

We must push past those thoughts and statements, no matter how much truth or merit they have. Because our ultimate objective lays well beyond the maximum effective range of our excuses.

I would not expect that we have a turnout on 4/14 anywhere close to the recent MFL events...at least right away. Point is, we need to start somewhere and come out from hiding in plain sight in order to get the ball rolling. The fact that we don't have the hollywood prima donnas or liberal war chest backing our efforts, can no longer be an excuse for sitting back with a defeatist attitude while we watch the David Hoggs of the world attack our fundamental rights with misguided and ill-informed rhetoric.

4/14 kicks off Patriots Day weekend (obviously). I'd consider it a moral victory if we were able to demonstrate peacefully on the Capitol steps that day; holding our ground with respect to our commitment to 2A with numbers in the dozens, or even low hundreds.

It should not, and cannot, end there. It can be the starting gun (no pun intended, but very much intended) for our campaign the remainder of the calendar year. We do have time to plan, resource, file permits, schedule speakers friendly to the cause, and mass our efforts for the months ahead.

June 14th is Flag Day, a day to remember the foundations and beginnings of American Freedom.
It's also an opportunity to stand together, in greater numbers than in April, on the steps of the capitol. Pro-2A signs and American Flags.

June 26th, Anniversary of Heller v. District of Columbia
June 28th, Anniversary of McDonald v. Chicago

August 29th, Individual Rights Day (re: John Locke and his foundational belief that humans had a natural right to property and a right to protect their health and their property, especially when another person or entity attempts to invade upon said property)

September 17th, Constitution Day

October 10th, World Mental Health Day...why would Pro 2A activists promote this cause and demonstrate on this day? Hmmmmmm....it's not the guns, it's the person. Help to shift the focus where it belongs.

December 9th, the UN's International Day of Commemoration and Dignity of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide and of the Prevention of this Crime....what is the precursor to any genocide or political oppression? Systematic disarmament. Yes, it can happen here in the U.S. as well.

December 15th and 16th, 2nd Amendment ratification anniversary (as part of BoR) and the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party, respectively.

That's roughly 8 chances for us to make ourselves heard, and hammer the message home. Can't get to Boston? Get a small contingent together and show up at the nearest State Rep's office for a mini-rally. Write a letter a week to the elected officials at local, state, and federal levels (a la Andy Dufresne). Please commit to doing something.

If you made it this far in my little diatribe, thanks for reading. I truly hope that NES members can serve as the vanguard for these public showings of commitment to individual liberties and the 2nd Amendment, and that the turnouts grow in size with each and every gathering. If we don't, the mods here should really consider deleting any future comments/posts that bitch and moan about Maura, the libs, and the anti-gun crowd. Time to show up or shut up.

*If anyone reading this is already involved in planning a future rally, please DM me so I can help.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for info on who's actually organizing, and what the general/specific plan is? It seems to be a rudderless ghost ship based on the lack of info out there, but perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place.

Thanks!
(Keep reading if you have a few minutes and can tolerate a rant with some ideas)

I found that Greenfield is having a rally on April 7th (that I unfortunately can't attend) and whomever is running their FB page has put out some good guidance with respect to conduct, signage, concealed carry instead of open carry, and the main thrust of the message they want to get across.

It seems that there is a lot of self-flagellation and excuses amongst this community when it comes to organizing a gathering and showing up. "We suck at pulling events together", "Too many moonbats in Mass; we're already a lost cause", "We don't have the experience that the libs do b/c they protest everything", "We're at work while they're out protesting", "we shouldn't even have to protest/demonstrate" etc.

We must push past those thoughts and statements, no matter how much truth or merit they have. Because our ultimate objective lays well beyond the maximum effective range of our excuses.

I would not expect that we have a turnout on 4/14 anywhere close to the recent MFL events...at least right away. Point is, we need to start somewhere and come out from hiding in plain sight in order to get the ball rolling. The fact that we don't have the hollywood prima donnas or liberal war chest backing our efforts, can no longer be an excuse for sitting back with a defeatist attitude while we watch the David Hoggs of the world attack our fundamental rights with misguided and ill-informed rhetoric.

4/14 kicks off Patriots Day weekend (obviously). I'd consider it a moral victory if we were able to demonstrate peacefully on the Capitol steps that day; holding our ground with respect to our commitment to 2A with numbers in the dozens, or even low hundreds.

It should not, and cannot, end there. It can be the starting gun (no pun intended, but very much intended) for our campaign the remainder of the calendar year. We do have time to plan, resource, file permits, schedule speakers friendly to the cause, and mass our efforts for the months ahead.

June 14th is Flag Day, a day to remember the foundations and beginnings of American Freedom.
It's also an opportunity to stand together, in greater numbers than in April, on the steps of the capitol. Pro-2A signs and American Flags.

August 29th, Individual Rights Day (re: John Locke and his foundational belief that humans had a natural right to property and a right to protect their health and their property, especially when another person or entity attempts to invade upon said property)

October 10th, World Mental Health Day...why would Pro 2A activists promote this cause and demonstrate on this day? Hmmmmmm....it's not the guns, it's the person. Help to shift the focus where it belongs.

December 9th, the UN's International Day of Commemoration and Dignity of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide and of the Prevention of this Crime....what is the precursor to any genocide or political oppression? Systematic disarmament. Yes, it can happen here in the U.S. as well.

December 15th and 16th, 2nd Amendment ratification anniversary (as part of BoR) and the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party, respectively.

That's roughly 8 chances for us to make ourselves heard, and hammer the message home. Can't get to Boston? Get a small contingent together and show up at the nearest State Rep's office for a mini-rally. Write a letter a week to the elected officials at local, state, and federal levels (a la Andy Dufresne). Please commit to doing something.

If you made it this far in my little diatribe, thanks for reading. I truly hope that NES members can serve as the vanguard for these public showings of commitment to individual liberties and the 2nd Amendment, and that the turnouts grow in size with each and every gathering. If we don't, the mods here should really consider deleting any future comments/posts that bitch and moan about Maura, the libs, and the anti-gun crowd. Time to show up or shut up.

*If anyone reading this is already involved in planning a future rally, please DM me so I can help.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom