• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2A friendly locksmith in N. Central MA

Somehow, I lost my key ring with my fire safe and gun box keys on it. I'm pretty sure they are here in the house, but being the MA gun owner aka paranoid law abiding citizen, I want to :

1. Unlock the two boxes and move everythingto new boxes (or get them re-keyed)
2. Have a new set of keys made for the house. (Separate reasons)

So, I'm looking for a 2A friendly locksmith that won't freak out when he/she/it opens the boxes. I'm in N. Central MA and looking for someone who makes house calls.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

A professional locksmith will unlock the container and step back for you to take over, and not open the door to see the contents.

What kind of boxes do you have?

You can save $$ on the rekeying by removing the locks and taking the cylinders to the locksmith. This takes a bit of planning since you need to have someone guard the house and need to make an appointment with the locksmith to have it done on a while you wait basis.

A professional locksmith will unlock the container and step back for you to take over, and not open the door to see the contents.
yes, this is what the locksmith said he'd do before I opened my safe door. he un-locked it and said he'd leave the room if I needed to remove anything before he finished up.

Eithers in Leominster. Josh is very 2a. Don’t have his number on hand but he’ll get it done very reasonable

I would think most, if not all, deal with guns being locked up. Locking guns up is actually a requirement by law, and a safe is one way to do that. This should not be unusual at all for any of them.

Are these just big name brand fire and gun lock boxes?

Chances are they have a key/lock code on them. Contact the manufacturer with that or serial number and order spare keys

Well, no need for the gun part of the deal. Found the keys in my range bag. <whew> Moved them to a better location.

Will still check with the one in Leominster and talk about re-keying the house. My dead bolts and knobs are different keys

Do locksmits ever work on doors themselves...like if a door is not locking or the deadbolt won't go into the strike plate depression? Not handy with woodworking...so I'd need to hire someone to fix this if a locksmith doesn't.

Thanks for the replies.

Should suitability come up? [rofl] Kidding ....glad you found the keys.

lol

I still question why the state gives a blind guy a LTC! But hey...that is another story.

Went to the range today with a couple co-workers. One has his LTC and the other just took his firearm safety class over in Chelmsford yesterday. So, we will hopefully have another in the 2A fold in the near future.

Well, no need for the gun part of the deal. Found the keys in my range bag. <whew> Moved them to a better location.

Will still check with the one in Leominster and talk about re-keying the house. My dead bolts and knobs are different keys

Do locksmits ever work on doors themselves...like if a door is not locking or the deadbolt won't go into the strike plate depression? Not handy with woodworking...so I'd need to hire someone to fix this if a locksmith doesn't.

Thanks for the replies.
Josh works on all types of door hardware and closers and stuff like that.

Just wanted to throw out a big thank you to the NES folks for recommending Ethier Locksmith in Leominster. I had him out to do some work on my house locks (not related to the above mentioned gun box/safe stuff). Guy was super cool and very quick to complete the job. Very reasonably priced service and will definitely recommend to friends and family.

Worth every penny....

My wife got a big multi pack for Black Friday. After the 2nd time my in laws realized upon leaving that they had lost 1 of the 2 sets of car keys they brought and had to search the entire house, it was their desired Christmas gift.

Thanks for the replies.
Your husband can do the door locks etc.

Thanks for the replies.
They should be able to do that, for sure. Just a little chisel work most likely. I don’t miss residential locksmithing, sometimes things are really out of wack and take a bit of creativity, but that sounds like pretty simple adjustment from what you’re describing. They should be able to handle that if they’re doing the rekey. If the two locks are different keyways, not just different codes you might need a new lock to match the other one.
ETA looks like it’s all set, glad they could help!

Back
Top Bottom