• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2A Alert - Ban on 80% lowers

Another bill where it only hurts the rights of people who are not criminals.

I'm sitting here wondering what story the NRA will feed Trump if it reaches his desk. This doesn't just deal with AR's or Glock lowers, but plain making your own gun yourself. My uncle decades ago made his own single shot rifle receivers and bought the barrel and trigger, so now he has to make a serial number for them? Cuz the argument will be that he could have made those rifles after the bill was made into law.

No, this stinks of attack on gun rights and go figure that the 2 years we had both houses and the President, nothing happened because we had a nut shoot up a baseball practice game, a modern day Texas Clock Tower shooting, and a school shooting on Valentine's Day.

And I blame it all on the NRA because it was them that said have the ATF regulate bump stocks instead of talking to Republicans about making a compromise bill to add bump stocks to the NFA, but take off suppressors. At least then we might have gotten something, but we got absolutely nothing and stand to lose even more.

f*** the NRA.

synchronizing serials between makers would mean registry. Actually it would be pretty funny when every newly made gun in US will bear serial ATF-FOAD.

Actually maker's mark would make it unique from mfg to mfg, but still, in this context serial will be meaningless.

It would be funny if everyone put the same serial number on, but you would also have to put your name and address on to be legal and that would differentiate the SN.

Does a Serial number actually have to be a number? They have them with letters and numbers already.

I'm sitting here wondering what story the NRA will feed Trump if it reaches his desk. This doesn't just deal with AR's or Glock lowers, but plain making your own gun yourself. My uncle decades ago made his own single shot rifle receivers and bought the barrel and trigger, so now he has to make a serial number for them? Cuz the argument will be that he could have made those rifles after the bill was made into law.

No, this stinks of attack on gun rights and go figure that the 2 years we had both houses and the President, nothing happened because we had a nut shoot up a baseball practice game, a modern day Texas Clock Tower shooting, and a school shooting on Valentine's Day.

And I blame it all on the NRA because it was them that said have the ATF regulate bump stocks instead of talking to Republicans about making a compromise bill to add bump stocks to the NFA, but take off suppressors. At least then we might have gotten something, but we got absolutely nothing and stand to lose even more.

f*** the NRA.

the time for deals is long over, any deal is a step in the wrong direction and that's no deal at all.

No to registration or serials. f*** 'em treasonous bastards, anyone who signed up for this shit.

Do tell. You have my curiosity peaked. What happened?
Firearm Owners Protection Act - Wikipedia
Also known as Freedom Of Passage Act

Big print giveth, fine print taketh:
  • Big print:
    • protection from illicit prosecutions from ATF
    • allowances for long guns to be bought across state lines, with limitations
    • legalize ammo shipments thru USPS
    • protection from states to travel thru without fear of prosecution if firearm(s) in question were illegal in said states
  • Little print
    • no more newly manufactured machine guns for civilians
While FOPA sounds great, the states we're supposed to be protected from, ignore this federal law. NJ, NY, Ma, Ca, DC, etc. Hundreds of innocent folks have been jammed up in jail in these states because they choose to ignore FOPA to "teach you a lesson".

Where did this all come from: Reagan was shot in the shoulder with a .22lr revolver, and James Brady and his wife went full retard on The People.
Attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan - Wikipedia

So, we didn't gain any protection from the states we need protection from, and lost the right to purchase select-fire firearms, all because of two nutjobs (Brady and Hinkley) and a .22lr revolver.

Class dismissed [wink]

Signed into law by a Republican President.

Bob
I wouldn't call Reagan a Republican. More of a talking head for Goldman Sachs... Remember, it was also Reagan that signed the banking deregulation laws that effectively created the bubble of 2008, and devastated thousands of families. Just saying...

I wouldn't call Reagan a Republican. More of a talking head for Goldman Sachs... Remember, it was also Reagan that signed the banking deregulation laws that effectively created the bubble of 2008, and devastated thousands of families. Just saying...

Which party in the legislative branch passed that law again?

Well I’ve been thinking about getting myself a lower, might have to buy a couple as stocking stuffers. Any suggestions on where to buy accessible lower/part kit combos? Which is easier, AR or AK?

Anyone seen Jodie Foster lately?

foster1a.jpg

Considering how a lot of stars from that era look today, she's doing pretty damned good.

Quite the GILF.

It will be passed in the new year, full ban and a retroactive law to have all existing 80% serialized and a court order from.companies to give up the customer list which they will do. It's for the children

f*** the NRA.
They knew they would neve get suppressors off the NFA and if you want to to blame someone blame Republican cowards who say one thing and do another. They are trying to fight this proposed ban and supporting them is our best move versus doing nothing

So, we didn't gain any protection from the states we need protection from, and lost the right to purchase select-fire firearms, all because of two nutjobs (Brady and Hinkley) and a .22lr revolver.

Class dismissed [wink]

I refuse to blame inanimate objects as the reason for our misfortune, not even that POS Brady. Reagan raped gun owners, the Constitution. Supposedly he regretted it, but who gives a shit, it ain't changing anything. He owns that huge turd, all Repubes do. f***ing party of no less gun grabbing than Democrats.

Of course the biggest culprit of all are the people who went along with this shit. Then and all the times before, counting from the first infringement.

Well I guess 79% kits won’t pass muster on that one, how about “non-functioning replica”? You could include specific instructions in the package concerning which locations must absolutely not be drilled, and what specific sizes they must not be drilled at.

F-ing clowns.

Well I guess 79% kits won’t pass muster on that one, how about “non-functioning replica”? You could include specific instructions in the package concerning which locations must absolutely not be drilled, and what specific sizes they must not be drilled at.

F-ing clowns.

they won't, ATF assclowns never answer questions straight and change their mind every other week to the financial ruin of small businesses.

Check out the difference between Season One and Season Two of The Greatest American Hero.

Mr. Hinkley was renamed Mr. H.

Obviously, I've still not gotten over it.

That's a rather impressive bit of trivia to remember this long... I had to go look it up. All I had remembered is the teacher couldn't fly because he lost the suit's instruction manual. And, some FBI guy. And an annoying song that keeps getting stuck in my head.

Back
Top Bottom