• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2A Alert - Ban on 80% lowers

I'm sorry to be so uninformed about all this but please help me to understand. After the Healy bologna most FFLs won't sell new ARs etc. What's the deal with building your own and possessing them? I'll STFU if I am treading on thin ice.

Last edited:
I'm sorry tobe so uninformed about all this but please help me to understand. After the Healy bologna most FFLs won't sell new ARs etc. What's the deal with building your own and possessing them? I'll STFU if I am treading on thin ice.
Nobody knows. Mostly b/c her crap was not legislation. Her "enforcement notice" was a pile 'o' crap that basically said that everyone in the world but her (including all of her predecessors) had been interpreting the AWB wrong for the past quarter century including everyone across the country and the ATF for when the Fed version was active from 1994 - 2004.

Note that essentially the exact same legislation was copied and pasted and signed into MA law by (now Senator) knucklehead Mittens back in '04 when the federal version sunset.

On top of all this, the enforcement notice was modified almost daily via FAQs in the days after 7/20/16, which allowed and disallowed some calibers.

Back
Top Bottom