• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2A Alert - Ban on 80% lowers

Are crimes committed with guns created from 80% lowers a big problem in NJ (or anywhere)?

Like, has there ever been a criminal caught (committing an actual crime, not just possessing one) with an AR (or Glock or 1911 - what else are 80% lowers made for) made from one?

Trump has a couple months before the new members of the House get sworn in and he should mobilize his lame ducks to get some work done while he still can, even if it means some all-nighters!

Someone should send him a tweet. I'd do it but I don't have an account. :oops:

On a positive note, it will require homemade guns have serial numbers. This could be fun... I call dibs on all serial numbers in the range EABOD001 through EABOD999. If those are taken, I'll consider FMITA and BOHICA serial number ranges.

On a positive note, it will require homemade guns have serial numbers. This could be fun... I call dibs on all serial numbers in the range EABOD001 through EABOD999. If those are taken, I'll consider FMITA and BOHICA serial number ranges.

synchronizing serials between makers would mean registry. Actually it would be pretty funny when every newly made gun in US will bear serial ATF-FOAD.

Actually maker's mark would make it unique from mfg to mfg, but still, in this context serial will be meaningless.

I hosey 00101010

That's binary for 2A (in hexadecimal).

(don't hate me. I hate myself enough for everyone...)

LOL

I remember the days of writing machine code in Hex. My how times have changed.

Bob
I used to be able to read hollerith cards. 2 of the 6 machines at my school (Monmouth College in Long Branch NJ in 1982) had bad ribbons so nobody used them. I learned how to read the punches so I could. Made programming a bit quicker, although batch runs weren't exactly fast. And reading COBOL and Fortran on cards was no picnic.

(B) after purchase by a consumer, can be completed by the consumer to the point at which such casting or blank functions as a firearm frame or receiver for a semiautomatic assault weapon or machinegun or the frame of a handgun.
You can make a handgun frame from a 2x4.

I used to be able to read hollerith cards. 2 of the 6 machines at my school (Monmouth College in Long Branch NJ in 1982) had bad ribbons so nobody used them. I learned how to read the punches so I could. Made programming a bit quicker, although batch runs weren't exactly fast. And reading COBOL and Fortran on cards was no picnic.
All is well until the hanging chad.

Last edited:
Parts kit, fucing parts kit. Seriously these asshats will pass or try to pass anything. Just to say HEY LOOK we are tough on guns ! It's unconstitutional when it's in their favor, everything else is fair game. traitors

They might have a chance if they focused on one thing, say 80% lowers. But they’re too greedy. This sweeping, complicated, intentionally vague Bill is gonna go nowhere.

2" X 3" ALUMINUM 6061 T6511 SOLID FLAT BAR 8" long Plate New Mill Stock 2.00"x 3 | eBay

The future of illegal items to sell in NJ

s-l200.jpg

Last edited:
They might have a chance if they focused on one thing, say 80% lowers. But they’re too greedy. This sweeping, complicated, intentionally vague Bill is gonna go nowhere.

This, plus Senate is still R-controlled. It's just a bill, yes only a bill, and it's sitting dead on Capitol Hill.

Back
Top Bottom