• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NFA Items - Picture thread

It was my first MG and I still have it after 20 or so years. Its a C&R , but factory parts are hard to find and no good way to mount a optic on it. I have a Sterling that is much more fun to shoot.When I had John A build it I should had him put the studs for a mount , but it is the perfect mid dollar sub gun in my mind.

Just curious what a mid dollar sub is worth, I think I am going for a MAC for my first MG, mainly because I have a feeling mid dollar is still way too rich for my blood, and I really only want an MG for the fun of it not so much for collecting or investment.

A Mac would make a very nice first gun now with the uppers that are now available. A sten used to be a good starter gun but with people converting them into Sterlings the price and availability kind of suck. But the DLO sten tube guns were marked in a way that a lot of them are around. I have both and they are fun to shoot, controllable and cheap to shoot.
SAM_0390.jpg
SAM_0389.jpg

Last edited:
A note on the S&W76 vs. M11/9 thing...

I've shot my friend's S&W76 and it is a sweeeeeeet shooter suppressed. The recoil is very smooth and it feels like the bolt is just gliding back and forth as opposed to choppy the way any of the mac's can feel (not always, but often they feel that way). It's also very quiet and not gassy at all due to the ejection port being so forward on the gun. I like my M11/9 because I was easily able to put an eotech, folder, VFG, different upper, .22 conversion, threaded barrel and suppressor, etc into it, whereas those things are very difficult if not impossible on an S&W76, which makes it a one-trick-pony. But...if I was in the market for a dedicated 9mm subgun that I was going to run suppressed I'd go for an S&W76 (or maybe a Stemple or MK760 for cheaper...I've never shot one of those so I can't really say).

Here's a video of the S&W76 I get to play with, followed by a video of my M11/9. Maybe it's just me, but even in the videos it's evident that the S&W76 is smoother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marcus

The nature of the tube SMG guns allows for a lower recoil pulse. The dynamic of the MAC family of SMG's also has it own recoil signature, as you stated. The difference between them, discounting cals., has a lot to do with bolt mass and the recoil system along with the platform in general. Nice vids though.

Greg

This is one of a pair. The mag on the left is the one that came with the gun. That is all the larger a mag for my gun my state will allow to be imported here.. I told my dealer what the f--- do you think I'm going to do with this..???? This one is a Flemming the other has a burst lower on it.

dsc07479.jpg

View image in gallery

There is video of alpha1 shooting the one with the burst lower..

Here is Patrica shooting the G3 with the burst lower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtZx3OmOiRU&index=32&list=UUzKDh3szSGnSlBQvhwnXgoA

Last edited:
This is one of a pair. The mag on the left is the one that came with the gun. That is all the larger a mag for my gun my state will allow to be imported here.. I told my dealer what the f--- do you think I'm going to do with this..???? This one is a Flemming the other has a burst lower on it.

There is video of alpha1 shooting the one with the burst lower..

Here is Patrica shooting the G3 with the burst lower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtZx3OmOiRU&index=32&list=UUzKDh3szSGnSlBQvhwnXgoA

yessssssssssssss. alllllllllllllllll of this.

Gen 4 G34

Gen 3 G17

can is an AWC Jupiter Eye, its heavy, its bulky, its not the best, but it is pretty hush hush with my subsonic 147gr hand loads.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom