• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trouble finding 7.62x54r

Anyone else having a hard time finding 7.62x54r for their Mosins? I have 1 full spam can but I can't seem to find more anywhere. I'm hesistant to continue shooting my Mosin if I'm not going to be able to replace what I use.

Rileys in hooksett has spam cans just 2 weeks ago.
$105 for 440 rds.

in MA I dont really bother looking for 54r.....its wicked overpriced.

of all the surplus ammo types, 7.62x54r and 7.62x39 arent going anywhere. Waaay too many people own these guns. Even if surplus ammo disappears the other ammo mfrs will start cranking out more 54r and 39

I never have a problem finding it north of the border. Even if I were to buy only one spam can it's worth the cost of gas for me. Everytime I see a spam can in Mass it's about $40-$60 more than getting it in NH. I'm frequently up that way so it's usually hardly out of my way to hit Collectibles or one of the places in Hooksett.

Last edited:
Kittery Trading Post has a shit ton of it on their shelves......but at $149.99 per spam can it can stay right the hell where it is!

Four Seasons has it in the 20round paper packs out of the spam can. I think its $8.99/20rnds.

That works out to just shy of $200 per spam can (440 rounds). Bit pricy for me as I turned my back on it at $149.99 a spam can but if you are running low and in the area I guess it would work.
As opthers have said......save up some cash and Rileys or Collectable has the best prices. Collectable breaks a spam can every now and then and sells it by the paper sack for $5.

Last edited:
best price on 54r in mass I ever did see was at the 1st plymouth mass gun show 440/110$ I also scored 5 20 rnd colt prebans for 15$ea.

My goal is to always have two unopened cans in the safe you know just in case. I'm down to 80 rounds that I have opened up so it's time to think about a trip noath!

My goal is to always have two unopened cans in the safe you know just in case. I'm down to 80 rounds that I have opened up so it's time to think about a trip noath!

Yeah I think I got 4 1/2 spam cans left plus 6-7 boxes of Czech silvertips, some PPU brass rounds and some Yugo brass rounds.

Yeah I think I got 4 1/2 spam cans left plus 6-7 boxes of Czech silvertips, some PPU brass rounds and some Yugo brass rounds.

I picked up a box of Herters 180 grain soft point hunting rounds in 54R recently at Cabellas........17 bucks for 20 brass case non corrosive so not too bad. I fired 3 to check the shot group and it was respectable to take a deer with my M38 carbine. They REALY have some recoil compared to the surplus!

Thanks guys. I think a day trip to NH is in order. I'd like to have about a 1,000 rounds before I start shooting it more often.

Do you think this thing we have going on with Russia is effecting surplus imports?

Thanks guys. I think a day trip to NH is in order. I'd like to have about a 1,000 rounds before I start shooting it more often.

Do you think this thing we have going on with Russia is effecting surplus imports?

I doubt it. It's just shops in MA that don't seem to have a lot, at least at fair prices.

This week I have been to Glenn's reloading and Ammo and FTS guns - both had spam cans for $115 I believe (I'm sure they were 115 at Glenn's, not sure about FTS). FTS had 2 spam cans today, Glenn's had several and a couple of the crates yesterday.

This week I have been to Glenn's reloading and Ammo and FTS guns - both had spam cans for $115 I believe (I'm sure they were 115 at Glenn's, not sure about FTS). FTS had 2 spam cans today, Glenn's had several and a couple of the crates yesterday.

yeah Glenn's had cans of it since he opened. What's FTS?

yeah Glenn's had cans of it since he opened. What's FTS?

It is a shop in New Bedford. I think it stands for Firearms Training School, they do that too. The owner, Charlie, seemed cool. Glenn is super friendly as well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I only have a couple of the cans left, they're $99.99 each.

CZECH Silver tip is still in stock @ $7.99/20 This is the best stuff to spit out of a Mosin "bar none"

I did get cases of 500 rounds each today from Century Intl. My cost was $218.00 each, and it's on sale at $239.99
It's Russian, comes in 20 round boxes, "claims to be non corrosive", it's steel cased with a brass looking plating.

I have over 100,000 rounds, and will keep the price as posted above until I get to the last 20k rounds. At best it may bump up another five bucks after that.

I also received some Russian 7.62 Nagant ammo for anyone that has the Russian Revolvers, a few cases of .44 Russian, and a few boxes of Fiocchi 7.62x25

I hope this helps. Jim- Shooters Outpost

Last edited:
Rileys in hooksett has spam cans just 2 weeks ago.
$105 for 440 rds.

in MA I dont really bother looking for 54r.....its wicked overpriced.

of all the surplus ammo types, 7.62x54r and 7.62x39 arent going anywhere. Waaay too many people own these guns. Even if surplus ammo disappears the other ammo mfrs will start cranking out more 54r and 39

This just picked some up there.

I found some for around $110\440rd spam can, corrosive, delivered to me... anyone interested in getting some, pm me if you are. No doubt, you'll have to come to me to get it...

7.62x54R Russian 7.62x54R FMJ - Silver Tip

I found some for around $110\440rd spam can, corrosive, delivered to me... anyone interested in getting some, pm me if you are. No doubt, you'll have to come to me to get it...

7.62x54R Russian 7.62x54R FMJ - Silver Tip

Delivered [thumbsup] the only way to go.

Back
Top Bottom