• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

25 minute Miculek help vid

The point about locking your support hand wrist forward is something I don't recall ever hearing before...or if I did, it didn't click in my head until watching that vid. I'm pretty sure I do it, but it isn't something I've paid much attention to with my own shooting, or when I'm helping beginners.

The point about locking your support hand wrist forward is something I don't recall ever hearing before...or if I did, it didn't click in my head until watching that vid. I'm pretty sure I do it, but it isn't something I've paid much attention to with my own shooting, or when I'm helping beginners.

I researched this after watching this vid a few weeks ago, I have had my grip wrong for years until I watched that vid. Makes a huge difference in recoil control. Basically, your weak hand fingers should be ~45 degree angle downwards and your strong thumb should be over where your weak thumb attaches to your weak hand. Phil Strader also has a video on shootingusa demonstrating this.

I researched this after watching this vid a few weeks ago, I have had my grip wrong for years until I watched that vid. Makes a huge difference in recoil control. Basically, your weak hand fingers should be ~45 degree angle downwards and your strong thumb should be over where your weak thumb attaches to your weak hand. Phil Strader also has a video on shootingusa demonstrating this.

Bob Vogel has a crazy strong grip. If this interests you, you should watch this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video, that guy is amazing.

I watched this video earlier this week. I've been shooting for 25 years using the weaver stance and I'm going to try switching to isosceles, based on his recommendation.

Great video, that guy is amazing.

I watched this video earlier this week. I've been shooting for 25 years using the weaver stance and I'm going to try switching to isosceles, based on his recommendation.

If you liked that, check this video out as well. Just FYI, ignore the guy who is NOT Ron Avery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great videos guys. The last one, pretty neat how just presenting some concepts to the guy without really any direct instructions he was able to get him shooting a half a second faster in only ten minutes. These guys know their stuff.

I never really understood the whole idea of coming up and then 'punching' the gun out. Good to know that isn't a great technique. Economy of effort. Good way to put it. Simple and accurate.

Can you imagine? "Hey, guys, wanna make a quick buck? Let's mug that old man right there. What is he going to do? There's three of us".

Back
Top Bottom