• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

25 Meters Zeroing Target/MBUS Question

Can anyone tell me how much I should expect zero to move at 25 meters when rotating the rear sight elevation knob back one click to the 300/800 meter mark so I can figure out how much to move the front sight post on the back up irons on my flat top?

Can anyone tell me how much I should expect zero to move at 25 meters when rotating the rear sight elevation knob back one click to the 300/800 meter mark so I can figure out how much to move the front sight post on the back up irons on my flat top?
I dont understand the question.. from where to where are you moving the sight?

Assuming you have traditional m4/m16 rifle sights.

Each click of the windage knob will move the strike on the round from 1/8 inch (.3 centimeters) at 25 meters to 4 inches (10 centimeters) at 800 meters.

Each notch on the front sight will move the strike of the bullet from 3/8 inch (0.9 centimeters) to 2 3/4 inches (7 centimeters) at 200 meters.

To place your 300-meter zero on the rifle, you must rotate the elevation knob one click counterclockwise. The 8/3 (300-meter) mark on the elevation knob should now be aligned with the index mark on the left side of the sight.

Last edited:
xuhqpttxnv.jpg

This much.

I dont understand the question.. from where to where are you moving the sight?

I would like to zero for 300 meters using a 25 meter target. The instructions say to zero at 25 with the rear sight elevation knob one click past the 300 meter mark, then back the knob off one click to the 300/800 mark which gives zero at 300. My rifle is a flat top with back up irons, so it doesn't have a rear sight elevation knob. I am trying to find out how much one click of that knob will move the point of impact at 25 meters so I can make the adjustment with my front sight post if possible.

Assuming you have traditional m4/m16 rifle sights.

Each click of the windage knob will move the strike on the round from 1/8 inch (.3 centimeters) at 25 meters to 4 inches (10 centimeters) at 800 meters.

Each notch on the front sight will move the strike of the bullet from 3/8 inch (0.9 centimeters) to 2 3/4 inches (7 centimeters) at 200 meters.

To place your 300-meter zero on the rifle, you must rotate the elevation knob one click counterclockwise. The 8/3 (300-meter) mark on the elevation knob should now be aligned with the index mark on the left side of the sight.

Thanks, this is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. Do you know how much the rear sight elevation knob will move the point of impact?

Back
Top Bottom