• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunter's Trading Post, Weymouth, MA

Don is a crusty old goat who doesn't tolerate fools OR folks who are new to the sport and asking the dumb as questions newbies do. If you talk Son's son Phil who is really trying to improve the shop. They have had one of the least knowledgeable guys working there for years who has chased a lot of folks away. The reason he is such a jerk is because it hides the fact he doesn't know nuttin. Yes their prices are higher than Four Season's but I would be shocked if anyone could beat Four Season's volume and prices. If you get 100 Shields in a week you should be able to sell them cheaper.
Lord knows Hunters should smile. They need any customers they can get and we want/need to keep the small shops in business. Don is active at the state level trying to help us shooters maintain our rights which is something most of us don't do. My apologies and thanks to those of you who do. The last time I was in there the "clerk" wouldn't let me dry fire a striker fires gun. He told me if I bought it I'd know what the trigger felt like. He must have forgotten that I've bought a couple guns there.

Just an update: Hunters Trading Post has become a very solid and very reliable place. Some of the pricing is high, sure, but some of its is incredibly fair and the lowest I could find. Got a brand new XDS Mod 2 OSP for $409. A pre-ban G17 magazine for $70 (they routinely go for $100+ on private sale) and a used but like new Trakr for $139 and a HiPoint 45 w/ 3 mags and ammo for $349. They also have a deal going on now for Sig M17 for $595 until Dec 11th.

Based on what I’ve read about and have been told about prior experiences, this isn’t that shop in my opinion Everyone in there is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Every time I’ve gone in they’ve been slammed with customers and do their best.

Also: the parking lot is a mess for sure but you can always park on the street off the main road. Plenty of parking.

No experience yet with transfers or trade in’s but have seen Phil boxing things up to send out of state for buyers.

Just wanted to post that I've found Hunter's to be a great place to shop.

My first experience was buying my Dad a gift certificate from the old location at 18/3N. That gift certificate was so old that when I finally got my LTC I went to go use it to buy my first handgun they were quite marveled since they knew that it'd been issued out of the old location some six odd years ago. It was accepted without question, hell, they didn't even verify it.

Another experience was that I'd looked at a small used Walther 22 literally five minutes before close. I went home thought about it and emailed them the next morning several hours before they opened up saying "I'll take it and will come later in the day." I got email email back from Phil saying "it's yours and waiting for you" - I went to go pick it up and it wasn't there (it was somehow put back on the floor and sold immediately). Phil was mortified and said he was sorry and that'd basically make it right. Well, he did - he got me a brand new one several weeks later and charged me for what I was going to pay for the very used one for a brand new one. Talk about making a situation right.

It does get busy and cramped in there, I'll admit. If I was going to go there on peak hours (esp Saturday mornings) I would want to open the place to be able to see what's in the shelves without looking over someone's shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom