• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Connecticut Gun Rights Rally - April 5, 2014

my father, who is generally a fudd type, called me this morning and asked me if i was going and if he could come, i think there are going to be quite a few people turning out. hope to see you all up there.

-snackbar allah

The Nonsense Moms are claiming there are threats of "chaos and violence" from the protestors.

Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America
IT'S WORKING: Connecticut members of Moms Demand Action joined Gov. Dannell Malloy for the April 4 anniversary of sweeping gun reform legislation passed in the wake of the Newtown tragedy. Unfortunately, these laws are under attack by gun rights activists who are refusing to follow them. In fact, they're protesting today at the state capitol and threatening chaos and violence if the laws aren't repealed by May 7: http://tinyurl.com/qbatmrv

These new laws are working: In the past year, over 200 felons and criminals, including domestic abusers, have been denied guns thanks to Connecticut's new background checks system. LIKE, SHARE and JOIN this Thunderclap to show your support for Gov. Malloy and Connecticut's laws: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10096-thank-you-we-stand-with-you

One of the reasons we're protesting today is because AMMO CAN'T BE PURCHASED WITHOUT AN AMMO PERMIT OR A PISTOL PERMIT OR SOME OTHER CT ISSUED PERMIT. I truly wish this weren't so. So does Cabela's. They didn't plant that big store at the intersection of two major highways just to be shut out of RI, NY, NJ, an MA buyers. Even local CT residents can't buy without a permit, period. I hope that you all understand now why we're so frustrated with Connecticut's laws and regulations. They really do suck bigtime and it's why so many of us are traveling to Hartford to voice our displeasure.

Rome

On the way... With a toothbrush!
~Matt

Didn't need the toothbrush.
Lots of people. More than half (a guess) were carrying open. Lots of great speakers. Glad I went.
~Matt

I thought it was more than 3000. Probably close to 4000. I went with the group on the bus that left from Marlboro. Great bunch of people on the bus, and at the rally. You know, we may argue amongst ourselves about things like 1911 vs. Glock, but when it comes down to it, that had to be one of the nicest big crowds I've ever seen. Every one was friendly, and clean.... I didn't even see anyone litter.

Fantastic day. Great speakers. Great crowd. Everyone was cool. School buses are slow on the highway. :D

I don't know Christopher Maider, but I met him to day as he was on the bus with us. Here's the link to his fb. He'll be posting lots of pics and video.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Christophermaider/

And someone needs to tell those ignoramus Moms Demand types that if around 4000 people, many in full kit, can politely share three port-a-pottys, then their opinion of us is insulting, unwanted, and just plain stupid. The Moms Demand members are the true kooks in our society. THEY should be the ones being accused of wearing tin foil hats, not good honest folk who distrust the government [with good reason].

Last edited:
The Nonsense Moms are claiming there are threats of "chaos and violence" from the protestors.

Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America
IT'S WORKING: Connecticut members of Moms Demand Action joined Gov. Dannell Malloy for the April 4 anniversary of sweeping gun reform legislation passed in the wake of the Newtown tragedy. Unfortunately, these laws are under attack by gun rights activists who are refusing to follow them. In fact, they're protesting today at the state capitol and threatening chaos and violence if the laws aren't repealed by May 7: http://tinyurl.com/qbatmrv

These new laws are working: In the past year, over 200 felons and criminals, including domestic abusers, have been denied guns thanks to Connecticut's new background checks system. LIKE, SHARE and JOIN this Thunderclap to show your support for Gov. Malloy and Connecticut's laws: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10096-thank-you-we-stand-with-you

Thunderclap? Ha, sounds more like a squeaky fart.

What are the Hags Demand Tyranny going to do when the CT folks purge their government of some of these a-holes? (Attack all of the local corporations likely.)

I was pretty impressed by the resolve the CT folks have found for putting proper representation in office. From talking with several folks, I understand that many new candidates have come from these opposition groups. When I said I was from Mass, they said we need to be sure we have good candidates in place for this election cycle or the same, if not worse, will happen to us. They claimed that they were complacent for way too long, and this was the result. Listen to the speeches, many of us need to take their advice get out of our comfort zones and get more involved. Just voting does not cut it anymore.

He is right. Mark Fisher just got steam rolled by the state gop establishment at the convention two weeks ago and not to many people care. Charlie Baker is a lot like Obamacare. (remember pass it so we can see whats in it) Now its vote for Baker so we can see what his positions are.
What are the Hags Demand Tyranny going to do when the CT folks purge their government of some of these a-holes? (Attack all of the local corporations likely.)

I was pretty impressed by the resolve the CT folks have found for putting proper representation in office. From talking with several folks, I understand that many new candidates have come from these opposition groups. When I said I was from Mass, they said we need to be sure we have good candidates in place for this election cycle or the same, if not worse, will happen to us. They claimed that they were complacent for way too long, and this was the result. Listen to the speeches, many of us need to take their advice get out of our comfort zones and get more involved. Just voting does not cut it anymore.

Great Article from CT News Junkie - give it a read:
[h=2]Second Amendment Advocates Vow Revenge At the Ballot Box[/h]by Christine Stuart | Apr 5, 2014 4:27pm Google
(5) Comments | Log in to Post a Comment
Posted to: Civil Liberties, Courts, Election 2014, State Capitol

password
Forgot your password?
Auto-login on future visits
submit

repccdlrallycrop_488_313_86_sha-40.jpg
Christine Stuart photo
Scott Wilson, president of the CCDL, with Republican gubernatorial candidates Martha Dean, Joe Visconti, and Tom Foley

They were unable to stop Connecticut’s General Assembly last year from passing sweeping gun control legislation, but gun rights advocates gathered Saturday at the state Capitol to let lawmakers know they will make their voices heard at the ballot box.
—More photos

A year and a day after Democratic Gov. Gov. Dannel P. Malloy signed legislation that banned the future purchase of assault rifles and high-capacity magazines, the Connecticut Citizens Defense League organized the rally to mark the day Malloy made “the Second Amendment a privilege and not a right.”
The rally, according to state Capitol police, attracted more than 3,000 from Connecticut and a handful of states, including Mississippi, Vermont, New Hampshire, and New York.
Scott Wilson, president of the CCDL, told the crowd that Malloy referred to “us all as the fringe of the fringe.” He said the governor told gun owners that they lost and should just get over it.
“I don’t know about you, but I am only not over it, I am madder than hell,” Wilson said to cheers from the crowd. “Gun control was the fig leaf that concealed their disastrous failures.”
He said they exploited the tragedy at Sandy Hook where a gunman took the lives of 20 children and six educators to push through their gun control agenda. This year there is no new legislation pending in Connecticut related to guns.
“Certain legislators are hiding from their vote last year and are probably grateful no talk of gun control has come up so far. Some of them are not just hiding, some of them are thumbing their noses at us while hiding in plain sight as they run for higher office,” Wilson said referring to Sen. Minority Leader John McKinney and Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton, two Republican gubernatorial candidates.

billstevens_325_220_86_sha-40.jpg
Christine Stuart photo
Bill Steven of Newtown

Bill Stevens of Newtown said he was heartbroken when he heard what happened at Sandy Hook Elementary School, but “it wasn’t the AR-15 that killed 26 innocent people in my town. It was a mentally ill shooter who pulled the trigger and this law does nothing to address that.”He went on to challenge McKinney to come over to his home and see how many bullets he has in his magazine.
“The German Shepherds will give you a nice warm welcome. Instead of chewing on deer bones, they can chew on a RINO,” Stevens said to cheers.
Stevens said he’s heard the argument from some Republicans that they need a moderate candidate to unseat Malloy and fix the economy. “Why trade our liberal enemy Dannel Malloy for an oath breaking RINO as governor? Someone who will vote our rights away but promises to fix the economy and lower our taxes.”
He said if the Republican Party expects us to “give up our unalienable right endowed by our Creator for lower taxes? I’m sorry but our rights are not for sale.”
He said it would be an added bonuses if they lowered taxes and improved the economy, but he’s voting for a Second Amendment candidate above every other issue.
Wilson said there are some in the political arena and the media who doubt the group’s ability to impact the 2014 election.
“Do not let these people define who we are or what we will do,” Wilson said. “If we are going to win we will have to do more than just voting. I am asking Second Amendment supporters to get out of their comfort zone and contribute a few dollars to a good candidate or two. That will not be enough. I am asking for people to volunteer on campaigns. That will not be enough.”
He asked the crowd to reach out to the Second Amendment candidates in their district to help get them elected. He said CCDL will endorse candidates who are members after the conventions next month.

annakopperudnra_325_227_86_sha-40.jpg
Christine Stuart photo
Anna Kopperud, NRA state liaison to Connecticut

Anna Kopperud, the NRA’s liaison to Connecticut, said the General Assembly passed a law “that transforms your God-given right into a government regulated privilege.” But she said the scariest part of the new law is that Malloy “can force you to go down to your local city precinct with your guns, and force you to turn them in.”
She said she promises the NRA is going to continue to fight back by supporting candidates who support the Second Amendment or opposing those who don’t. She said they would also continue to fight them in court.
The NRA has helped the CCDL with its lawsuit against the state challenging the constitutionality of the 2013 law. However, the law was upheld by a federal court judge in January and the group has appealed the decision to the U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
Kopperud said she believes two important battles already have been won. Sen. President Donald Williams, whom she called “the godfather of gun bans” despite his vote against the assault weapons ban during his first-term, is not seeking re-election.
“And that’s because of you. And House Minority Leader Larry Cafero, one of the water boys for the gun banners, has been chased out of the governor’s race and is no longer running for re-election because of you,” Kopperud said to a cheering crowd. “They’re just the first two. We’re going to come after all of them with good old-fashion bare knuckle campaign brawling.”
Those who attended the rally included Republican gubernatorial candidates Tom Foley, Martha Dean, and Joe Visconti. None of them were allowed to speak at the event, but Foley and Dean have addressed the CCDL at their monthly meetings in Middletown.
For those who were unable to attend, the CCDL offered a livestream of the event, which tracked 4,012 views over the course of the afternoon.

yet I didn't see mention on the local news.

Get 3-400 people together for anything else and all the stations cover it. get 3-4000 people to support the 2nd Amendment coverage is limited to a couple paragraphs in a newspaper

I've been to "rallys" in 4 different states, yesterday's attendance was the largest I've seen anyplace

I couldn't make it but I'm glad there was a such a good turnout.

We really need to worry about who wins MA attorney general. Our options are Turd sandwich or Giant Douche. It doesn't look good.

Doug is a good dude..

Brothers and Sisters in Liberty,

We find ourselves here today, not because of defeat, but because of victory. If it weren’t for people just like us that stood on perhaps on this very ground over 200 years ago, we’d be like everyone else from virtually every other country on the planet: disarmed and at the mercy of anyone intent upon forcing his will on the masses.

We, however, are not “the masses.” We are Americans. We are not disarmed, and by God we will never be disarmed so long as the birthright of freedom burns in our hearts like it did for our fathers and mothers that went before us.

Make no mistake, the victory the first Americans purchased has lost a great deal of its value due to the inflation of governmental intrusion in our lives. It is time, no, it is beyond time to recognize that this last, greatest bastion of individual liberty, the United States of America, teeters on the brink of darkness.

A government that once was formed to promote and protect natural, God-given civil rights that have existed since the beginning of man is now used as a weapon to destroy those rights. A government that was created of, by, and for the people is now used as a battering ram against “we, the people.”

When we exercise our right to free speech, we are targeted by the IRS. Our privacy is violated every day when our cell phone data is collected and stored in NSA computers. Our homes and lands are stolen and given to private developers, courtesy of the Supreme Court. We are harassed and criminalized simply for exercising the right to keep and bear arms that is enumerated in both our federal and state constitutions.

With freedom like that, who needs tyranny?

Our ancestors are watching us, sitting in the gallery of history, waiting intently for their descendents to make a stand of their own. They are wondering if we have the fortitude to gather on village greens like they did so many years ago.

They were ultimately forced to pay in blood when men with guns were dispatched to seize arms and ammunition from their communities. They paid the cost because they understood the consequences of complying. We might not be standing here today had they done otherwise.

We have been conditioned since childhood to believe that we are great because of democracy. Hogwash. It’s our commitment to freedom that has set us apart. Democracy is three people voting on who gets to be the slave. Liberty is having a 2nd Amendment to fall back on when the other two decide you lost the vote.

While America was never intended to be a democracy, as we’ve come to see, our representative government can be corrupted just as easily as any other.

No, we are great because we were forged in the freedom of the individual to live and worship free from interference and generation after generation protected that liberty with force and threats of force. Our forefathers understood that without the right to keep and bear arms, there is nothing standing between a free people and the wolves of oppression.

Those that sit in seats of power today are no more allowed to take our rights away than those who ruled two hundred years ago. No legislature or court can morally or lawfully deem a man or woman “free” or “slave,” and neither can they deem any one of us standing on this ground a “criminal” simply because we keep and bear arms.

Should the government order its weapons to be trained on us because we own firearms, as Hillary Clinton is so fond of saying “what difference, at this point, does it make” if those holding the guns are wearing red…or blue? The intended outcome is exactly the same and just because the pen that wrote the order is on this side of the Atlantic Ocean doesn’t magically make confiscation and imprisonment for owning guns justifiable or legitimate.

Fellow brothers and sisters in liberty, we all must decide where our line is drawn. Will we finally understand, just like Captain John Parker on the Lexington Green and Rosa Parks on a Montgomery bus, we have the power to say, “No!”

It is up to you…and…me whether our liberty dies with us, leaving our children and their children’s children to face the cold steel of government oppression without the tools that our fathers sacrificed so much for on our behalf.

Which future will we give those that follow? Will we enjoy the fruits of someone else’s victory, only to now surrender because we somehow believe our lives are more valuable than those that fell so we could be free?

Those that went before us are watching and those that are yet to come are waiting for our answer.

Ring the Liberty Bell and ring it loudly. Give our children the chance to deliver speeches on this very ground two hundred years from now, proclaiming our victory!

“Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom