hanson rod and gun 1st sat and 3rnd sunday every month

mac1911

NES Member
Got your new garand or wanting to shoot one, head on down. This is a laid back shoot. Not a match... PM me for any questions.
Open to non members....
Hanson runs these shoots 2 times a month 1st sat 800am and 3rd sundau 1200pm..... You can shoot off the bench also.

cost is THERE WAS A PRICE CHANGE AND I DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH for 60 rounds to be used at the shoot. includes targets and rifle. There are limitted M1 carbines also. 5$ for targets if you have your own rifle and ammo.

ATTENTION : THERE WAS A INCREASE IN COST I DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH
ces have gone up. Hanson will keep the previous price until current inventory is depleted....just don't know when that might be.

OPEN to ALL. If you can safely handle the rifle and understand and obey range commands you can shoot.

Last edited:
What about non-members? Is it open to the public? I would like to add a garand to my collection.

What about non-members? Is it open to the public? I would like to add a garand to my collection.
The cmp is open to non members and actually non members and new shooters are encouraged to come. As a rule 14 yrs old for Jr shooters for the M1 as young as 12 for small bore and younger if they are proven to be safe in firearms handling.

I would like to add a garand to my collection just to add there are no garands for sale here, maybe a private sale ? You can get the completion of proficiency statement from the director though. If you have a mass LTCA that works also.

Any other questions PM

not to late to get out there

If you still looking for something to do today get to the range and shoot your milsurps.

If you still looking for something to do today get to the range and shoot your milsurps.

Took the M1, 91-30, and M38 out yesterday for fathers day with my boy at our club. These shoots are still going on at the Hanson club?

Yes they are.... as far as I know they only stopped for a while when ammo was a bit tough to get... but yes they run every month and I believe the only days they do not are Easter and xmass?

Yes they are.... as far as I know they only stopped for a while when ammo was a bit tough to get... but yes they run every month and I believe the only days they do not are Easter and xmass?

OK so 3rd sunday would be this sunday. I'm always looking for stuff to do with my son........we shoot at the range that we belong to often but its a very "quiet" club......not too many people to hang out with and learn stuff from. I may have to check it out sometime.

Well, you have a Garand now :)

T

yes my 5th sadly im done shooting until march BUT I want these events to continue so when I can go they are running. Although the last few months have been busy on a whole CMP events is slowly fading.

Last edited:
At or below freezing temps for Saturday. I would make it, but too chilly for me.

Oh boy bite your tungue you don't want to complain about weather round the vets running Hanson cmp.
Come on now they get a fire going it's only about 1hr worth of shooting and the hike up and down the 100yd keeps you warm.... I don't know why but I post some good scores in the cold. As long as I keep my glasses from fogging!
There are a few old salts that still go prone that make you feel silly for excuses not to shoot. I'm only 43 have arthritis in the hips that really hinders my shooting. I do feel better when I see the seasoned guys with bigger issues doing it still. One old timer when asked when will he stop shooting " when there's no on left to help me straighten my legs and help,me up from sitting position"

Last edited:
And so it continues on March 7th? I will try to make it down with the Enfield.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know when I will be down next, any free time I get is not jiving with hanson dates..... I will be at pembroke 4/12 for cmp garand clinic/match and springfield match

Back
Top Bottom