• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

23 Nov 2019 SIG Academy Covert Carry 1-day Course

MaverickNH

NES Member
Nine men (2 NH and 7 MA) attended a 1-day Covert Carry course at SIG Academy. Starting at 830am, two instructors (Lead: Dillon, 2nd: Cav) did the safety briefing and we hit the range at 945am for another hour+ of discussion on holsters, belts, clothing for covert carry. Covert Carry is pretty much a meld of Handgun 102/103 bits and Concealed Carry with specificity for “micro-pistol” like the SIG365. Several borrowed 365s or owned them and 3 had their non-SIG pistols (mine a Glock 43 with red dot).

After an hour of shooting, we broke for an hour lunch and we’re back on the range 1pm-430pm, with a cleanup and debrief to a 500pm end.

A good course to wring out your SIG365 or other small pistol on draw and fire from concealment, shooting and moving, shooting behind barriers. The upshot for me was to see where my full-size pistol (Glock 19 frame with G17 slide) skills required change or more work to get the same job done with a small pistol. As always, one learns what they put into a course and I came away satisfied. If you’re going to carry a small pistol but haven’t trained with it, this course will show you that your very good skills with a full-size or compact pistol become good, your good skills become fair and your weaknesses need work.

A good course to add once you’ve done 101-104, Concealed Carry, Low Light, etc. If you do those with a small 6-10rd pistol, you’ll feel pained by the typical 15rd mag exercises, so this course is a good add-on once you’ve grounded your skills with you big gun.

Had Dillon and Cav for my Handgun 104 class last week, and they were awesome. Looking forward to heading back to Sig next month.

Me too - HG102 on 13th and Close Quarters Rifle on 18th. I'm bringing an experienced shooter for 1st SIG class to HG102 - it's a class I've taken 3x already but always learn and get better and a good intro to SIG for those who can already shoot safely. He's an NESer too but I won't out him - he can write his own review ;-)

Back
Top Bottom