22modsforall.com

Andykap

NES Member
Has anyone purchased anything from 22modsforall? If, yes:-

How is the quality and finished?

I am building a 9mm PCC and is looking for and upper parts or complete uppers.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't ordered from them so I can't help you there. I will say though that 9mm is a notorious PITA to get running reliably in a PCC. I would suggest buying a complete upper that comes with a bolt that they know runs well with that upper assy. Otherwise you'll likely spend a shitload of time and money mixing and matching bolts buffer and springs until you find a setup that works. If you skinflint on it and throw together a bunch of random parts from a dozen manufacturers you'll end up paying for it in the end. I spent in the neighborhood of $1500 to build mine and know it was going to run right. Granted almost a third of that cost was the binary trigger.

Just my .02. Do with it what you will.

I haven't ordered from them so I can't help you there. I will say though that 9mm is a notorious PITA to get running reliably in a PCC. I would suggest buying a complete upper that comes with a bolt that they know runs well with that upper assy. Otherwise you'll likely spend a shitload of time and money mixing and matching bolts buffer and springs until you find a setup that works. If you skinflint on it and throw together a bunch of random parts from a dozen manufacturers you'll end up paying for it in the end. I spent in the neighborhood of $1500 to build mine and know it was going to run right. Granted almost a third of that cost was the binary trigger.

Wow. You had a bad experience that jaded you on 9mm PCC's. I've had no problems putting together three 9mm PCC's (two dedicated lowers and one drop-in conversion) from different manufacturers that run like sewing machines, first time out. In my experience, you use a quality Bolt, and a name-brand barrel, a Spike's ST-9X buffer, and an in-spec lower, and you'll be up and running without problems.

OP, I have no direct expereince with 22mods4all, but best of luck in the quest. 9mm PCC's are a great project, and easily achievable.

Interesting.. thanks, but I still like to make my own uppers.

Wow. You had a bad experience that jaded you on 9mm PCC's. I've had no problems putting together three 9mm PCC's (two dedicated lowers and one drop-in conversion) from different manufacturers that run like sewing machines, first time out. In my experience, you use a quality Bolt, and a name-brand barrel, a Spike's ST-9X buffer, and an in-spec lower, and you'll be up and running without problems.

OP, I have no direct expereince with 22mods4all, but best of luck in the quest. 9mm PCC's are a great project, and easily achievable.
Thanks. I might take a chance as the cost is easy to bear if it turns into a dud.

Wow! Talk about playing the jump to conclusions game. You must be a ton of fun in a relationship. [laugh] I have never had any bad experiences. Everything I have built runs like a top. Take 10 seconds to search 9mm PCC and you'll find hundreds of post from people having reliability problems with them. All of them asking the same questions about what combinations are working for others.

Interesting.. thanks, but I still like to make my own uppers.

I hear ya. I build all my own also. Just do the research as to what combos work well before you waste a bunch of time mixing and matching was the point. There are dozens of different bolts, buffers, etc., specifically designed to stop problems like bolt bounce and short stroking. Which are common in home brew 9mm PCCs. Taccom makes some good stuff.

Wow! Talk about playing the jump to conclusions game. You must be a ton of fun in a relationship. [laugh] I have never had any bad experiences. Everything I have built runs like a top. Take 10 seconds to search 9mm PCC and you'll find hundreds of post from people having reliability problems with them. All of them asking the same questions about what combinations are working for others.
Well, you did say "Otherwise you'll likely spend a shitload of time and money mixing and matching bolts buffer and springs until you find a setup that works. If you skinflint on it and throw together a bunch of random parts from a dozen manufacturers you'll end up paying for it in the end." I'm somewhat disappointed this wasn't based on experience, but instead "what I heard on the interwebs." I guess you will also find posts from "hundreds of post[sic] from people having reliability problems" with home-built ARs of all flavors if they "skinflint on it and throw together a bunch of random parts from a dozen manufacturers." Doesn't make 9mm "a notorious PITA to get running reliably in a PCC."

That site suspiciously cheap.
Chicom junk? Complete "cerakote" kits for under 300? Their cerakote uppers are 79. I think that's what aero gets for their anodized, and those have a nice finish on them.

Back
Top Bottom