22LR?

I know you said your wife didn't like the ruger, but why?

The simple fact is that the Ruger is a better gun than either of the other two choices. Its more accurate, more reliable, has more accessories available and can actually be cheaper.

So with that said, if she doesn't like it, she doesn't like it.

What model Ruger did she look at? Some can be very bland to look at and some look very nice. I saw a stainless fluted gun with a fiber optic front sight and it was pretty sexy.

If the Ruger is a definite nonstarter, I'd say go for a Colt Woodsman or maybe even a Kimber 1911 .22

Neither has the tactiKOOL look of the walther or the sig, but they're superior in almost every other way.

Don

p.s. or if you don't mind spending, check out the S&W model 41

Being that you dont live in the commiewealth I would suggest looking into a Browning Buckmark along with some other choices.

Your best bet is to have your wife handle and fire as many opitions as possible. After all she will be the one shooting it the most.

One vote for the S&W 22A

The 22A from Smith & Wesson is a good gun for the money. List price in the 08 catalog was $300, so you may find it for less. It's made here in New England (Houlton, ME, afaik), has a lifetime guarantee, and they'll fix it in Springfield, MA if anything goes wrong. It's not a Model 41, but it's well-made and accurate.

I just picked up a mosquito last week. It was used, but barely. Over the course of a 100 box of mini mags there were a few jams, but by the last few magazines it fed fine, even under rapid fire. even with a crappy plastic mag. I also didn't clean it first... [hmmm]

The 22A from Smith & Wesson is a good gun for the money. List price in the 08 catalog was $300, so you may find it for less. It's made here in New England (Houlton, ME, afaik), has a lifetime guarantee, and they'll fix it in Springfield, MA if anything goes wrong. It's not a Model 41, but it's well-made and accurate.

Actually, the 22As go to Houlton for repairs. And you should be able to find a used one for $200 or even less.

And the nice thing with the 22A or the Ruger is that you don't have this "they jam but they sometimes shoot reliably, so I'll use that as my justification for spending too much money on a crappy pistol" buyer's remorse afterward.

Don't go for the cool look with a first.22 pistol. Go for the reliable ones.

Back
Top Bottom