.22LR rifle for Rimfire Rifle League - CZ455 Tacticool

getting better, shrunk those groups down 1.5moa+
CD1qsHJl.jpg
do you call your shots and plot them on a target on a bench?
this video is a bit long winded but calling shots helped me a lot. Im floating around a 75-80% on call with more shots being better than my calls as I keep doing it

Last edited:
Great video. I'll try that tonight during league play.

I wish there was a place that sold assortment packages of ammo. Like "I want to try standard velocity, send me a 50 pack of x, y, z" kind of thing.....

I wish there was a place that sold assortment packages of ammo. Like "I want to try standard velocity, send me a 50 pack of x, y, z" kind of thing.....

I'm pretty sure Target Sport will do that for prime members. But realistically, between readily available .22 like CCI SV, Aquila SV and the automatch bulk packs, hopefully your rifle likes something. I'm betting it likes CCI SV as much as anything else not super pricey.

Last edited:

The diwn side is when find a box of 50 that shines and you go back and can only get 2/3 boxes of the same lot.
I have some aquila super extra pre 2010 that just shoots well in all my rifles, fast forward I have some 2016 production that kinda sucks?
CCI SV is pretty consistent for the price.
SK standard plus is on top right now for me. 2017 production liked it and then bought 5k rounds

Today I put the YoDave trigger spring in my rifle. Took 5 minutes. Installed the second lightest spring in the kit. Big difference in pull now, but I have to test at range. Also torqued the chassis to the stock to 30 inch - pounds, it was hardly screwed together when I disassembled it. Got the number from this video

IMG_20190618_201639.jpg IMG_20190618_201642.jpg

Today I put the YoDave trigger spring in my rifle. Took 5 minutes. Installed the second lightest spring in the kit. Big difference in pull now, but I have to test at range. Also torqued the chassis to the stock to 30 inch - pounds, it was hardly screwed together when I disassembled it. Got the number from this video

View attachment 289483 View attachment 289484

Well you inproved your score by 20 points dropping $600 or so into rifle/scope maybe the $20 trigger kit can get you another 10 or so. .... Glad to see the progress. Also good to see its not 100% you. Good equipment helps sometimes or at least equipment more suited for the task.
Mid 230s your creeping into the 95% zone. Then the real fun begins....

This thread makes me want to get my 455 out again. I couldn't get a yo Dave kit and found a reference to a standard hardware store spring that dropped my trigger to the 1.5 lb range without making the gun n unsafe. It way outshoots me.

Last edited:
Well you inproved your score by 20 points dropping $600 or so into rifle/scope maybe the $20 trigger kit can get you another 10 or so. .... Glad to see the progress. Also good to see its not 100% you. Good equipment helps sometimes or at least equipment more suited for the task.
Mid 230s your creeping into the 95% zone. Then the real fun begins....
Me and the BiL have agreed to continue shooting every Sunday on IBS50 targets just to keep sharp/improve. I may have to re-adjust my optic, but I doubt it. I wish there was 5 more weeks of rimfire rifle, but next week we start rimfire pistol (I have that covered).

I would say that I dropped $600 on a rifle/optic combo that sooner or later was going to get purchased anyway (a .22 for me). The pure enjoyment factor of watching my shooting get better over time, as well as having my own stable platform to shoot when I want is a huge bonus.

Cabela's in Berlin, MA has tons of different .22lr in Stock (Eley, Aguila, Norma, CCI, etc) . I would bet that Bass Blow close to you also has plenty. I live wicked close to you and Cabela's is only 30 minutes down 3 and 495. Could be worth the gas.

Cabela's in Berlin, MA has tons of different .22lr in Stock (Eley, Aguila, Norma, CCI, etc) . I would bet that Bass Blow close to you also has plenty.
Me and the BiL are heading up to Bass sometime next week with our fresh $50 gift cards we each got for Father's Day. Ammo is on the list for me.

Cabela's in Berlin, MA has tons of different .22lr in Stock (Eley, Aguila, Norma, CCI, etc) . I would bet that Bass Blow close to you also has plenty. I live wicked close to you and Cabela's is only 30 minutes down 3 and 495. Could be worth the gas.
Im the realm of chasing accuracy in 22lr $600 is cheap. Cheap in any “accuracy” chase really.
As for adjusting scope you can adjust it frequently but I generally shoot for groups/impacts if/when I practice. You can use the 5 sighters to get your scope dialed in?
Keep at. 22lr is fun especially when you tinker out beyond 100.

I have a 10+ year old CZ452 that has thousands of rounds through it. It's a tack driver even after all these years.

If I get home and have a bit of time before dinner I'll run down the range with it and run a box of ammo through. And I'm never disappointed.

Love these guns! And, yes, I put a Yo Dave trigger in it.

I have a 10+ year old CZ452 that has thousands of rounds through it. It's a tack driver even after all these years.

If I get home and have a bit of time before dinner I'll run down the range with it and run a box of ammo through. And I'm never disappointed.

Love these guns! And, yes, I put a Yo Dave trigger in it.
How can you not at least try a yodave kit. $18 or so its hard to beat.
Sure tou can run around looking for springs but you will waste more time and gas than just getting the YD kit

Back
Top Bottom