.22LR rifle for Rimfire Rifle League - CZ455 Tacticool

And now I'm thinking you know, I didn't spend too much on the rifle, that At-One stock is looking pretty good....

I was looking at the AT-One Thumbhole stock for my 77/22. The factory stock is very uncomfortable for me. I was thinking either the Varmint stock or the spend extra for the AT-One. But I'm not really getting great accuracy out of the 77/22 so I'm not sure I want to spend money on it that I could put to the CZ.

I'm gonna roll as is until next season. Maybe put like a pack style cheek riser on there for now. I have to spend more time on it before making a decision on changing the whole stock out.

I had time to run the 10/22 build with muellet . I have the mil dot version ad Im generally shooting 25-200 yards at random size steel where hits are fine. The. Mil dot gives me some added MOA adjustment. I installed the burris signature rings to get extra adjustment also.
The mueller runs out of adjustment pretty quick shooting 22lr out past 100 yards.

Shot 50 rounds of SK standard plus which is decent ammo. I had a few off sounding shots in this box. Shot on 32X at 100 yards from the rest.

View: https://imgur.com/a/xxUeecm

i did not spend a lot of time trying to really dial it in. I h st wanted to get it close before using the good ammo this set up likes. The low group 6 oclock 7 ring was my last 10 shots. Almost MOA

Last edited:
Shot two weeks (I had to make up a week). Started practice shots in bipod and promptly switched back to the bag.

IMG_20190610_163201.jpg

Shot 205 on the first, 196 on the second . More time behind it will help

Any pics of target. Nice solid bags will be more better than bipod like that
All right. First target (#3) is the 205. Top row is sight in, and the first square was on bipod, second on bag, then I went for it:

205.jpg

second target (#2) I did one practice mag of 5, then went for it, on the bag again:

196.jpg

Each square is 2.5"x2.5", and the bull is 1/2". Shooting at 50 yards

I still need a lot of work LOL

Last edited:
All right. First target (#3) is the 205. Top row is sight in, and the first square was on bipod, second on bag, then I went for it:

View attachment 288482

second target (#2) I did one practice mag of 5, then went for it, on the bag again:

View attachment 288483

You've probably mentioned it here somewhere, but what ammo are you using?

P.S. I think you are being hard on yourself with the scoring. If it touches the ring, you get the higher score. I see a few targets there that are a point higher than you scored it.

You've probably mentioned it here somewhere, but what ammo are you using?

P.S. I think you are being hard on yourself with the scoring. If it touches the ring, you get the higher score. I see a few targets there that are a point higher than you scored it.
Scoring for the club is it has to break the next line. Thanks though, I still think I could be better. I think I'm sitting at 12th out of 18.

I'm using the Federal HV Match solid 40 grain right now. I haven't sat down with different ammo yet to see what it likes.

Scoring for the club is it has to break the next line. Thanks though, I still think I could be better. I think I'm sitting at 12th out of 18.

I'm using the Federal HV Match solid 40 grain right now. I haven't sat down with different ammo yet to see what it likes.
I can guarantee you'll score higher when you try CCI Standard Velocity, Wolf Match Target, etc..

Bro...should have just went for the precision trainer...now you’ll have 2 CZ .22s. [wink] Not a bad thing I guess
Ha!

No, I think this one is the right one. I just need to redneck the cheek weld, and I'm good to go.

I decided to give my BiL the Vortex 6-24x50 for his birthday. He's such a great guy, does a lot for the scouts, keeps me in line. I told him he could use it, but decided I would wrap it up for him.

View attachment 288482

View attachment 288483

You seem to be missing more shots to the right .
Trigger/hand grip -_why you see these bench guys pinching the trigger. Also matters not how light the trigger is if your clenching your grip as you pull the trigger it will "twist" the action.
shoulder pocket its easy to press that shoulder or change pressure through the shot.
As far as ammo goes, I have yet to use any HV stuff that will get you even close to that 1\2" dot.
Try some SV basically 1100fps or less.
Its to bad they dont make a semi wad cutter for 22lr to cut nice holes in targets.

You seem to be missing more shots to the right .
Trigger/hand grip -_why you see these bench guys pinching the trigger. Also matters not how light the trigger is if your clenching your grip as you pull the trigger it will "twist" the action.
shoulder pocket its easy to press that shoulder or change pressure through the shot.
As far as ammo goes, I have yet to use any HV stuff that will get you even close to that 1\2" dot.
Try some SV basically 1100fps or less.
Its to bad they dont make a semi wad cutter for 22lr to cut nice holes in targets.

I hadn't even noticed I was missing more to the right until you mentioned it. I have a YoDave trigger kit on the way to get the pull weight down. I definitely have to work on consistent trigger position and pull.

LOL, it's pulling right, and the left shots are overcompensating.

I got this pad in and it adjusted my eye relief just right. I'm going to run through a few different ammos this weekend.

IMG_20190612_190223.jpg IMG_20190612_190201.jpg

Put my own flair on it...

gXNDZLJ.jpg

so basically your a half minute off to the right and low.

heres my practice target its 1/2" circles. This one will scan into my software real easy rather than doing a manual input from other tartgets
dSzgTmQl.jpg

Holy crap that's awesome.
The blue/green line is your group center.
Its pretty cool software a bit dated and sometimes a pita to use but i like playing around with it when I cant get to the range.

Fun S&Gs you could add a 1/2 min left and shoot again in attempt to cheat your pull....

gXNDZLJ.jpg

so basically your a half minute off to the right and low.

heres my practice target its 1/2" circles. This one will scan into my software real easy rather than doing a manual input from other tartgets
dSzgTmQl.jpg

How does this all work? Is it something you just download and print out?

Heres the free version.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLPKnUjvkPo

they have a paid version that does what you see above.
you enter a picture of the target and plot your aim points and shots. With any target/pic you have to manually enter each aim point and shot. The program has pre entered targets you can print out and scan in to the program and it will pick up the data automatically. Im not to tech smart so thats about all I can say.

Silly question. You mention "aim point". Isn't the "aim point" always the center of the bull's eye?

Anyhow, it seems like simple technology. Pretty cool. Need to try it out.I am guessing it needs to be registered to have no skew and to be a certain brightness so things can line up right.

Silly question. You mention "aim point". Isn't the "aim point" always the center of the bull's eye?

Anyhow, it seems like simple technology. Pretty cool. Need to try it out.I am guessing it needs to be registered to have no skew and to be a certain brightness so things can line up right.
The program does not recognize the picture so you have to enter the values like scale references , aim point , bullet impacts.

Back
Top Bottom