.22LR rifle for Rimfire Rifle League - CZ455 Tacticool

Leaning towards bench rest ,
If mueller go for the 8x32 target dot

Prostaff- You going to find that reticle gets in the way. Well I do. I have similar scope ....i also find my scope to have a odd shaded area and eye position is critical on higher X

Hawke - im a fan I have several models all on air rifles at the moment. I sent my IR model back 2 times so Im not a fan of thier electronic. I asked for a non IR to replace it.
I’m just mot a IR fan in the lower end scopes. Tend to be blurry and again tend to cover more of the target that I like

Vortex: at 50 yards that + is going to cover a lot of your target.

Have fun: I spent all of 2016 trying as many scopes as I could get behind before I bought my Sightron. Other than my leopold VXIII hunting scope its my best scope.
The rest are all $100-350 range and most when purchased where discounted for being NOS or discontinued.

Get that CZ and let us know.

The CZ should be here Wednesday. I ordered a few other things (I want to do this right once) - rings, scope, dovetail to pic rail, magazines etc I was thinking of putting it on a bipod, but I'll hold off.

I watched a good amount of videos on the Mueller 8-32x44, and believe it will do everything I need.

Watched a lot of videos last night on dialing in a scope. They make it look so easy LOL

I just want to add: I shot a 195 today. The only thing I changed was breathing. I'm hoping this is the last week I'm using my BiL:s rifle.
Do you at least set up the scope so you can seen the cross hairs nice clear and crisp....matters not at this point.

I just want to add: I shot a 195 today. The only thing I changed was breathing. I'm hoping this is the last week I'm using my BiL:s rifle.

If you really want to get better, attend an Appleseed, or at least research and understand natural point of aim. NPOA is the key to improving accuracy with a rifle IMO.

Do you at least set up the scope so you can seen the cross hairs nice clear and crisp....matters not at this point.

His scope is set up pretty well (he put a lot of time into it), and I can see the cross hairs pretty crisp. I need to concentrate on slowing myself down, my breathing and trigger placement. This weekend we will set up my rifle/scope, as hopefully everything should be delivered by Saturday.

If you really want to get better, attend an Appleseed, or at least research and understand natural point of aim. NPOA is the key to improving accuracy with a rifle IMO.

Yes, I agree that I need to understand it better. I've never really gotten into the research aspect of shooting, just like to throw lead. I need to learn more for sure.

His scope is set up pretty well (he put a lot of time into it), and I can see the cross hairs pretty crisp. I need to concentrate on slowing myself down, my breathing and trigger placement. This weekend we will set up my rifle/scope, as hopefully everything should be delivered by Saturday.

where are you doing this? Is it open to the public?

Another stupid question:

Shoot from bags or from bi-pod?
When i think of “bench rest” I think of this

View: https://youtu.be/VF96j17RGjU

Club shoots can be run many ways and im sure different catagories like sporter, limitted and open style ?
I only know 2 bench rest shooters and they use fancy front rest where they make adjustments vs touching the scope. Rear bags and heavy wide stocks

When i think of “bench rest” I think of this

View: https://youtu.be/VF96j17RGjU

Club shoots can be run many ways and im sure different catagories like sporter, limitted and open style ?
I only know 2 bench rest shooters and they use fancy front rest where they make adjustments vs touching the scope. Rear bags and heavy wide stocks

At the 1:25 mark in that video is a front rest made in Indonesia. I would have never recognized it except I saw one in Scarborough two weeks ago at a F-class match.
$1400 and a 1-year wait to get one once you are on the list.

At 1:13, the guy isn't even looking down his scope when he shoots
As little influence as possible they will only touch the trigger when at all possible.
I have been trying to get something going locally for a while now. Basically
a know your limits , Fclass , bench rest combo type event . Basically under 1.5moa can get you in the hunt and consistent 1moa gets you near the top.
Then some what skill based beyoynd that. Reading wind , knowing your limits and so forth.

For example I shoot once in a while with 2 friends. We set up 15 2” to 4” steel at 100 yards and pick a game.
1. Shoot to you miss
2. Most hits in 60 secounds
3, dualing tree is fun
4. Random distance

Last edited:
That was the only pic I took at the range. Leveled and dialed in really quick on the Mueller. Went through about 200 rounds.

I'll put up more tomorrow, out with the boy getting driving hours, then brewing...
I always “forget” to take pictures

Can't get out to the range today, something about it being our anniversary or some such nonsense.

IMG_20190609_105221.jpg

Now that I have a few minutes, and have thought on it, here was our process:

1. I shot this rifle right out of the box. I went to the FFL, picked it up and was at the range 15 minutes later.
2. Mounted dovetail to pic rail and torqed
3. Mounted bottom half of scope rings and torqued
4. Put scope on and loosely fastened top rings so to adjust.
5. Found my ideal eye relief.
6. Attached magnetic levels, leveled scope and snugged rings/torqued at 32 inch pounds
7. Bore sighted @25 yards
8. Oiled bolt and shot a group of 3 @25 - adjusted scope
9. Shot 5 groups of 5 @50, adjusted after each group.
10 ran the league target non supported.

When we were zeroing the scope, I had both the front and rear stabilized with bags. The groups were amazing.

When I ran the league target, I only had the front stabilized per league rules and shot a 203.

Items of note:

Out of box trigger pull: 2lbs 6oz -a average of 3 pulls on scale.

I need a cheek riser. Takes me to much time to get on target again because I am still a little too low.

I put on a bipod today. I'll give it a try, and if I don't like it, it'll come off

The Mueller scope is exceptionally clear. I shot at a bunch of different powers. The Target Dot is perfect. Was really easy to dial in

I ran the dollar bill test to see if the barrel was floated well, and it is.

This rifle shoots WAY better than me.....

IMG_20190609_105221.jpg

Back
Top Bottom