• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22LR MEGA THREAD!

Aside from wondering why you would waste the money putting a brake on a 22LR, I don't think it would need to be pinned since 22LR are specifically exempted from the AWB rules according to Healy
It's funny, I thought of stating I have no interest in a muzzle brake for a .22lr, but the barrel is threaded and I have a bunch of muzzle brakes.... so it's just because that is what I have to build with. Good question though!!

Aside from wondering why you would waste the money putting a brake on a 22LR, I don't think it would need to be pinned since 22LR are specifically exempted from the AWB rules according to Healy
Someone was discussing this recently and asking if this makes them exempt from the magazine ban.

I've heard from a shop that I trust to know the answer that the magazine ban is a different issue and it doesn't exempt them.
Good point. I think it is smart to stick with a 10 round mag. .....but this is all so absurd. We are all the most law abiding citizens, trying like hell to do the right thing and we have to jump through hoops..... and it's still never 100% certain what the hell those libtards are thinking!! I worry less for me and more for my 3 great kids and the future!!

Good point. I think it is smart to stick with a 10 round mag. .....but this is all so absurd. We are all the most law abiding citizens, trying like hell to do the right thing and we have to jump through hoops..... and it's still never 100% certain what the hell those libtards are thinking!! I worry less for me and more for my 3 great kids and the future!!
Amen

Related to the above, here's a piece of ruger info. = the ruger 10/22 tactical model, and the 2014 50th anniversary 10/22 contest design rifle come with a factory flash hider:

Related to the above, here's a piece of ruger info. = the ruger 10/22 tactical model, and the 2014 50th anniversary 10/22 contest design rifle come with a factory flash hider:

a flash hider might make sense if you're shooting prone on the ground I suppose but a brake makes no sense on 22lr

Got my SI Targets rimfire dueling tree in the mail today. This thing is freaking sweet!! So fun! Blew through 400 rounds on my lunch break. The Blazer, Aguila, and Winchester super x ammo ran great.
Before:
View attachment 402476

After:
View attachment 402477
Kinda funny. I didn't realize until yesterday while at the range, that I had the left side leg/stand support upside down[laugh]
You can see this in the photo. Didn't seem to affect it's stability however.

Kinda funny. I didn't realize until yesterday while at the range, that I had the left side leg/stand support upside down[laugh]
You can see this in the photo. Didn't seem to affect it's stability however.
If anyone kids you,
just tell them that you were practicing shooting at things that lean to the left.

TSUSA has had Federal 40 grain lead RN available most of the week. I've never used it so can't comment on how it shoots, but it got decent reviews. Comes in an 800 round range pack for 88.31 (.11 per round) Prime Member price. Appears to be quite a bit available.

TSUSA has had Federal 40 grain lead RN available most of the week. I've never used it so can't comment on how it shoots, but it got decent reviews.
Well, it's 40 whole grains.
NExQxKSKyLdW8H1MsNrAzZQRkwApU0-tmXmlwUYvzzKB1hMSwhWOtNm5nrI_h5beNhW2HuPjngRRIgRLGMbNlizsP2s9H7VDWj7AfOP4=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu

(@one-eyed Jack can stop me if I'm wrong).

Mine came in today, looks good! I hope it's really "super extra" lol.
Early in my Gun Life, during the Obama .22LR drought,
I bought 15 pequeños (i.e. 50 rounders) of Mexican Eagle at Pullman Arms.
(Also held my first 1911; but let that go).
It was so onsey-twosey it was almost embarrassing.
Poor guys had to reboot the cash register to process me.

Not knowing any better, I hoped it was gonna work out.
Decided to run through it early, in case there were issues.
No problemo.

And after that, I noticed that the semi-nosebleed target ammo shelf at Cabela's was Aguila.

I decided it was arguably a good thing.

So don't sweat it.

I’ve never seen Federal black box (black pack?) out in the wild, but I’ll be sure to avoid it. Considering my last purchase was Winchester M-22, I may have my work cut out for me. 🙄
I hadn’t heard the negative reviews before I bought it. I’ve had good luck with Winchester Super-X, so I figured I’d give this a try. I see so little .22 out and about that my impulses may have got the better of me. We shall see.

Lonely morning at HSA. However, I finally ran a few hundred rounds of the infamous Winchester M-22 black copper crap.
Stuff’s great! A single failure to feed out of 200+ rounds, that happened to be the last round in the 22/45 mag. Other than that, not a single hiccup and it’s relatively accurate. Not CCI SV consistent, but for what I paid (.04/ rd?) I’m more than pleased.
The almost 100 rds. of 9mm and 100 .223 has my perspiring. Lots of failure and reload drills, which I desperately need, because I suck at ‘em. Meh. back to the snap caps.

My friend has been pretty good at finding 22lr , so far he says hes been getting 1000 rds a week since july. Every 500 rd brick he scores he sets aside 250 for the range. Hes only got 22s so working out pretty well for him.

My friend has been pretty good at finding 22lr , so far he says hes been getting 1000 rds a week since july. Every 500 rd brick he scores he sets aside 250 for the range. Hes only got 22s so working out pretty well for him.
It’s nice that 22 prices haven’t shot up too much. Availability hasn’t been too bad either. I’m set on 22 for awhile and don’t plan on buying more unless I find another deal I can’t pass up lol.

It’s nice that 22 prices haven’t shot up too much. Availability hasn’t been too bad either. I’m set on 22 for awhile and don’t plan on buying more unless I find another deal I can’t pass up lol.
funny he just texted me, all pissing and moaning that he has not found 500 rds yet this week and his office bound most of tomorrow and friday.
He bought a 500 round brick at a small shop near wear he was on a job and paid .09 rd for CCI sv. Somewhere in western mass last thursday

Last edited:
This is the MegaThread after all and I didn’t want to start a new one.

Fun options for a new .22LR?
Have a 10/22, love it, tack driver, don’t want another.
Have a bolt action Mossberg.
Have a Mk-IV lite, fun, but maybe too heavy (also a tack driver with 0 recoil)and just feels kinda, meh.

Lever action is appealing, but will it be that much different feeling than the other 2 rifles I already own?

I’m leaning towards a revolver, DA is more appealing than SA but I don’t want another heavy .22 pistol (S&W 617 is out).

I think I’m talking myself towards a wrangler but would prefer the DA option and 10 rds. Is more than six. Also, swing out cylinder would be better than a loading gate. Does such a thing exist?

This is the MegaThread after all and I didn’t want to start a new one.

Fun options for a new .22LR?
Have a 10/22, love it, tack driver, don’t want another.
Have a bolt action Mossberg.
Have a Mk-IV lite, fun, but maybe too heavy (also a tack driver with 0 recoil)and just feels kinda, meh.

Lever action is appealing, but will it be that much different feeling than the other 2 rifles I already own?

I’m leaning towards a revolver, DA is more appealing than SA but I don’t want another heavy .22 pistol (S&W 617 is out).

I think I’m talking myself towards a wrangler but would prefer the DA option and 10 rds. Is more than six. Also, swing out cylinder would be better than a loading gate. Does such a thing exist?
The lever gun is awesome. I love shooting mine. More than my semi autos.
If you find a High Standard Double Nine you might like it. 9 shot 22 with the style of a Single action but runs double action and has a swing out cylinder.

The lever gun is awesome. I love shooting mine. More than my semi autos.
If you find a High Standard Double Nine you might like it. 9 shot 22 with the style of a Single action but runs double action and has a swing out cylinder.

That’s my fear, if what I’m after does exist, it’s from the 70’s, has 20,000 rounds through it and costs $600.

What about the lever actions is more appealing than the semiautos to you?
I’ve been following the .22 LR lever action thread as well.

Back
Top Bottom