.22LR MEGA THREAD!

Was just in Shooter outpost, picked up some Rel. 7 (1 lb.)$28.00., and some .270 wsm fed. prem. 140grain for $38., but they had CCI Quiets for $9.99 for a 50 pk,. I left them as I only paid $4.00 for the same box, and they weren't even the Quiet semi auto rounds.

Last edited:
Was just in Shooter outpost, picked up some Rel. 7 (1 lb.)$28.00., and some .270 wsm fed. prem. 140grain for $38., but they had CCI Quiets for $9.99 for a 50 pk,. I left them as I only paid $4.00 for the same box, and they weren't even the Quiet semi auto rounds.
OMG they have quiet 22 for semi auto
These marketing guys are wicked smart.!?!?

Just run SV or "sub sonic"
50+ years ago they made 22 semi auto guns that ran of 22 shorts. Theres even some that ran off 22s,L and LR with out issue. No special ammo needed.

its just amazing that lots of 22s made today have such problems even cycling 22lr , there is really no excuse. I have one of these and a 2 other rifles that will feed and cycle all the standard 22s 22l 22lr. With out issue.

View: https://youtu.be/r05f6wP3b8A

Last edited:
OMG they have quiet 22 for semi auto
These marketing guys are wicked smart.!?!?

Just run SV or "sub sonic"
50+ years ago they made 22 semi auto guns that ran of 22 shorts. Theres even some that ran off 22s,L and LR with out issue. No special ammo needed.

its just amazing that lots of 22s made today have such problems even cycling 22lr , there is really no excuse. I have one of these and a 2 other rifles that will feed and cycle all the standard 22s 22l 22lr. With out issue.

View: https://youtu.be/r05f6wP3b8A

What's cooler than a lever action .22 that shoots S-L-LR? Having one called an ae.jpg American Eagle with a matching AE scope!

Who makes that? Do they still make them? Do they make one in .22 Mag?

Thanks.
Nobel Manufacturing Co. of Haydenville, Mass operated from 1953 to 1971. Fairly rare gun, hard to find out much about them. It's a model 275, they also made almost the same gun in a pump configuration, model 235. I cleaned up this one, but I'm having some extraction problems. Kinda weird, high velocity LR ammo, fails to extract 50% of the time, SV maybe 30%. Rack unfired rounds thru it...100% extraction.

OK, all these nice old .22 lever and pump guns. Who owns the patents? It would be pretty cool if a new company could come along, and take a few of the best ideas of these old ones and bring out a new gun based on the old plans. Thoughts?

OK, all these nice old .22 lever and pump guns. Who owns the patents? It would be pretty cool if a new company could come along, and take a few of the best ideas of these old ones and bring out a new gun based on the old plans. Thoughts?
Do patents expire?
Im guessing cost of manufacturing killed most of these old guns.
That said Norinco and Citadel have been doing pretty well with old designs

some older guns are just nice, 552 , the full size 22lr target rifles like the Rem 5xx seties, model 40 , win 52s and such
Its all fun

Last edited:
So, who makes a .22LR lever gun with a curved stock currently? How about a .22 Magnum with a curved stock? Are those magazine or tube fed? Any in stainless?

Nobel Manufacturing Co. of Haydenville, Mass operated from 1953 to 1971. Fairly rare gun, hard to find out much about them. It's a model 275, they also made almost the same gun in a pump configuration, model 235. I cleaned up this one, but I'm having some extraction problems. Kinda weird, high velocity LR ammo, fails to extract 50% of the time, SV maybe 30%. Rack unfired rounds thru it...100% extraction.
I have a Nobel 12ga shotgun. It's almost identical to the 870.

Still need something more fun to sling .22 downrange. The only .22 lever gun in the classifieds is over 1,000 freaking dollars! Maybe I need a Taurus or a G44....
You won’t be disappointed with the Taurus! Grab one! I had a friend try it for the first time today and he was blown away by the trigger. And he’s a long time pistol shooter with REALLY nice target pistols.

Just picked up a walther p22q good thing 22lr has dropped in price to .09cpr. Looking to do either a build dedicated 22lr upper or do the SB22 mode for the Ruger 10/22. What do ppl think?

Without Vision the People Perish Dept.​

TriMags™...
download_4_0b16a677-7a43-4b8d-8600-78b677dc8ab3_grande.jpg

...are Truck Nutz...
truck-nuts.jpg

...for 10/22's...
Web DSC06183s.JPG

Oooh, consumer-grade felony-in-a-pack.

I've had 1 Failure to Fire out of 4814 rounds of Federal AM22 (so far; the millennium is young).
This post delivers.

Do patents expire?
Im guessing cost of manufacturing killed most of these old guns.
That said Norinco and Citadel have been doing pretty well with old designs

some older guns are just nice, 552 , the full size 22lr target rifles like the Rem 5xx seties, model 40 , win 52s and such
Its all fun
Patents do expire. Taurus/Rossi make a pump .22 based on a Winchester Model and the patent on Ruger's 10/22 expired a few years back.

Ok my 22 conversion kits so far:
AR15
Glock 19
Beretta 92

What else? Is there a 9mm 1911 with a 22 slide available?

I believe Harvard has a rimfire class in one of their steel shoots and .22 conversion kits for 1911s are available from Advantage Arms and Tactical Solutions.. Sig also makes .22 conversion kits.

First time shooting the CCI AR Tactical ammo today. As you’d guess it shot flawlessly in my Taurus TX22 and AR22 SBR.
I guess it’s basically mini mags?? 40 fps slower than mini mags😂
I went through a ton of ART during the slump. I didn’t realize it was good stuff. I figured because it was bulk CCI the quality would be meh.

I went through a ton of ART during the slump. I didn’t realize it was good stuff. I figured because it was bulk CCI the quality would be meh.
Interesting. TSUSA had it available yesterday and I almost bought some for .12cpr. I'll give it a shot in a few months as I've decided I'm not buying any more .22 north of .10cpr.

Ok my 22 conversion kits so far:
AR15
Glock 19
Beretta 92

What else? Is there a 9mm 1911 with a 22 slide available?
Shadow 2 has a kadet kit, apparently a good one. $450.

But, a 7” s&w 41 would be a better buy.

Last edited:
Interesting. TSUSA had it available yesterday and I almost bought some for .12cpr. I'll give it a shot in a few months as I've decided I'm not buying any more .22 north of .10cpr.
I'm holding out til it drops back to 4c pr.
I may be waiting a while...
I still have bricks in my stash where I paid 2c pr.

Back
Top Bottom