• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22LR MEGA THREAD!

Sucks the least?!?! What else are you shooting, Golden bullets?

My 22/45 lite eats most everything with 99% reliability, which is what I expect from rimfire. I also trend towards the more decent offerings; Aguila Super Extra, mini mags of all sorts,
federal premium, and even the Winchester Super X and wildcat runs near flawlessly. I have some older Thunderbolt and golden bullets, but I’m looking for a revolver for that stuff.

I know...most people have no use for the Thunderbolts. All ammo run through five mags.

I just ran through:
Winchester "333" Whitebox
Aguila Super Extra
Winchester Super X
...and the winner of the bake off was Remington Thunderbolts.

I know...most people have no use for the Thunderbolts. All ammo run through five mags.

I just ran through:
Winchester "333" Whitebox
Aguila Super Extra
Winchester Super X
...and the winner of the bake off was Remington Thunderbolts.

Well hot damn. Was the super extra a feeding failure? Or something else?
I guess same question with the Super x. If I have an issue with the 22/45, it’s almost always a feeding issue.

Well hot damn. Was the super extra a feeding failure? Or something else?
I guess same question with the Super x. If I have an issue with the 22/45, it’s almost always a feeding issue.

Most were feeding issues, but I had a few click...no bang's. Good firing pin strike but....nothing. Its been many years since i shot any 22's. Some of this ammo has been sitting around the man cave for awhile...some was purchased in the last few months.

so today I grabbed a black box of Federal 40 gr 1200 fps lead RN off my shelf to take to the range... never had more FTE/FTC in the 10/22 and SW Victory.

I’ve never seen Federal black box (black pack?) out in the wild, but I’ll be sure to avoid it. Considering my last purchase was Winchester M-22, I may have my work cut out for me. 🙄
I hadn’t heard the negative reviews before I bought it. I’ve had good luck with Winchester Super-X, so I figured I’d give this a try. I see so little .22 out and about that my impulses may have got the better of me. We shall see.

I’ve never seen Federal black box (black pack?) out in the wild, but I’ll be sure to avoid it. Considering my last purchase was Winchester M-22, I may have my work cut out for me. 🙄
I hadn’t heard the negative reviews before I bought it. I’ve had good luck with Winchester Super-X, so I figured I’d give this a try. I see so little .22 out and about that my impulses may have got the better of me. We shall see.
I ran a couple hundred rounds of Win Super X over the weekend through my AR22 and DW revolver. No issues. Granted a revolver will run anything. I will say the velocities were all over the place (to be expected since this isn’t match 22 ammo) based on the sound. There were a few that sounded like squibs but they still cycled somehow.

I probably got it a couple of years ago... been using the Rem Bucket as of late as it was most economical. Never had any issues with those in either gun.

this is the exact stuff I was using

UPS just dropped off my 2k rounds of Aguila. Really wish that vendor would use more discrete packaging. JFC, this was on all 4 sides of the package😮
159CA109-EB00-4413-9B23-87F77F0A82AC.jpeg

Anyway, the new Aguila packaging isn’t horrible but I liked the individual 50 round boxes better. I’m sure this saves them some money on packaging though.
14E5A99B-44A4-4FCC-B17B-40BBD5915B09.jpeg
A79EE262-7150-4C99-A997-8DC3036069D6.jpeg

UPS just dropped off my 2k rounds of Aguila. Really wish that vendor would use more discrete packaging. JFC, this was on all 4 sides of the package😮
View attachment 401439

Anyway, the new Aguila packaging isn’t horrible but I liked the individual 50 round boxes better. I’m sure this saves them some money on packaging though.
View attachment 401440
View attachment 401441

Looks good...i am going to try some CCI mini mags and run them through my 22/45....which doesn't seem to like much ;-)

Actually, there's one angle about those Aguila boxes that I like.

I transcribe the data off of ammo boxes for my inventory database,
and most boxes seem to have this optical illusion effect where
one second I can see the round count or bullet weight or muzzle velocity
or manufacturer's P/N, and the next second it disappears.

So I'm sitting there in front of the PC,
spinning the box of ammo like one of Balok's marker buoys,
trying to find the figure I saw a second earlier.
FF_Buoy_attack.gif

The Aguila boxes seem to have the stuff in large print,
no BS.

View attachment 401439

View attachment 401440
View attachment 401441
eh, its bulk shit ammo no need for special little boxes, are you OCD or Anal ? You could find a empty box of tenex with the fancy bullet holder inside and pretend its super extra extra super ammo [rockon]

eh, its bulk shit ammo no need for special little boxes, are you OCD or Anal ? You could find a empty box of tenex with the fancy bullet holder inside and pretend its super extra extra super ammo [rockon]
[laugh] Very true. No the little boxes are convenient if I don't want to bring the whole brick with me to the range. I'll just do what I did with the bulk Blazer 1,050 round bricks and pour some into small ziplock bags. No biggie.

Ain't nobody following that crap. Even if there were hefty fines/jail time associated with violating that reg, how the F would you ever get caught. How can it be enforced? If I have cops inspecting my ammo, I've really f***ed up and have other issues to worry about.
NES Sea Lawyer surfaces to claim "police can't enforce regulations" in 3...2...1...

Muzzle Brake on a 22lr build - pistol or rifle - does a muzzle brake have to be pinned like on an AR15. I would think no. Thx!!

Aside from wondering why you would waste the money putting a brake on a 22LR, I don't think it would need to be pinned since 22LR are specifically exempted from the AWB rules according to Healy

Back
Top Bottom