.22LR in Rhode Island

Does anybody know where to find some reasonably priced .22LR in RI?

I got some pretty expensive subsonic from D&L, and i know there is a Dicks in Warwick, but I am wondering if there are any other places?

I wanted to join a range this year, but I don't even know if it's worth it if there is no ammunition out there for a 22.

I am not going to just buy a bigger caliber gun [laugh]

I normally start with http://ammoseek.com/ and start searching from there
Often the freight offsets the sales tax you wont be paying

Dicks in Smithfield normally has remington 22lr for about .08/round

I've not had much luck with the walmarts in the area

Rich

I haven't seen .22LR at an RI walmart since this BS started. There are a few smaller shops that are hit or miss, but nowhere you can go consistently.

You really have to walk into several gun shops until you find some at a decent price.

Wish i could give you more advice than that.

Walmart in Newport has some but I suppose it all depends on where you live. For the most part, buy it online because you can here, unlike our neighbors to the north.

Online is definitely the way to go, once you take into account your time and gas costs, shipping charges start to look pretty good.

Since we are talking about 22LR ammo - I saw a pack of CCI 22lr "tactical" ammo, probably 325 rounds for $93.78 the other day - rediculousness. It was not mismarked either

Since we are talking about 22LR ammo - I saw a pack of CCI 22lr "tactical" ammo, probably 325 rounds for $93.78 the other day - rediculousness. It was not mismarked either

i bought a box of that for $45 back in february/march only because that was all that was available---kicked myself in the ass all the way home and vowed i would never do something stupid like that again----$93?????????? anybody who pays that is 2.2 times more stupid than i was. makes me feel better

btw: it's really nice ammo--i kept 200 rds for shtf

Does anybody know where to find some reasonably priced .22LR in RI?
You don't say where in RI you are, but it probably doesn't matter. For whatever strange reason, Walmarts in RI are twice as bad as Walmarts in MA for pistol and (especially) .22 LR ammo. I have never had any luck down there... not even one time.

I don't even go into any Dick's stores anymore so I am no help there. I would think D&L would have something. [thinking]

Since you are free to order on-line without any hassle, that's where I would turn. It's all about diligence and good timing. My out-of-state friends are always bragging about this bargain or that bargain they got... but they do work at it a lot to get the very best deals.

Two words for you...INTERNET and BULK. You live in RI, so you can mail order all the .22LR you can carry.

http://ammoseek.com/ammo/22lr

Prices have come down quite a bit recently.
@Carnea, have you seen prices anywhere near 3-4 cents per round? I have checked ammoseek and slickguns a few times, and all I've seen are a very few places selling at 8 - 10 cents. Today Natchez was selling bulk packs for $40 ($.08 / rd) limit 1 box. That was the best deal to be found.

@Carnea, have you seen prices anywhere near 3-4 cents per round? I have checked ammoseek and slickguns a few times, and all I've seen are a very few places selling at 8 - 10 cents.
Welcome to the Great Ammo Shortage/Crisis of 2013! Best I have seen anywhere this year is 5¢ to 6¢ (Cabela's, Bass Pro most recently)... and 8¢ to 10¢ for Mini-Mags.

For the most part, low prices mean shopping at Walmart... when they have something in stock. [thinking]

While www.ammo-can.net hasn't been too current or accurate lately, the Walmart smartphone app is still doing pretty good.

Jesus. Look into reloading.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
h36230ECA

D&L could give away ammo and I won't set foot back in that place.

Cranston gun and coin in NK usually has some 22LR, but it's not the cheapest around. I have heard rumor that Midstate has some, but I haven't been there yet. Good luck!

If you meet the requirements, the CMP has Aguila .22LR (5000 rounds) for $260.00 + 24.95 shipping = just over a nickel (.056) a round. That is actually the cheapest that I have seen for quite awhile. Down side it is a 120 day wait (roughly)....................

I placed an order back in April. That's 7 months ago still nothing. The last orders they shipped were placed in January they got an unexpected order in and those shipped out in August.

I placed an order back in April. That's 7 months ago still nothing. The last orders they shipped were placed in January they got an unexpected order in and those shipped out in August.
was at Walmart Newport today no 22lr bunch of 40 and 45 though
I think I see a New Hampshire road trip in the OP's future. Too bad CT (like MA) is now shutdown for out-of staters. It kind of boxes Little Rhody in. Thank God for the Internet... but only when actual bargains exist out there. [thinking]

And seriously, what is up with Rhode Island? Why so little ammo down there? Much worse than MA. I've never understood that.

Question to the OP: Have you tried that reloading place in Woonsocket? Might they have some .22 LR's for you?

If you meet the requirements, the CMP has Aguila .22LR (5000 rounds) for $260.00 + 24.95 shipping = just over a nickel (.056) a round. That is actually the cheapest that I have seen for quite awhile. Down side it is a 120 day wait (roughly). Check out the CMP website for requirements information. This is the link to their e-store.

http://estore.thecmp.org/store/catalog/catalog.aspx?pg=product&ID=419ASVSE&item=&sfv=&cat=AMC&desc=&udc=&mct=&vndr=&ba=&pmin=&pmax=&note1=&note2=&note3=&note4=&note5=&max
=

i think i'd have to join an affiliated club to be eligible for this, unfortunately

i would like to join a club, but with no ammo around, i am worried about wasting cash on the fees hahaha

i think i'd have to join an affiliated club to be eligible for this, unfortunately

i would like to join a club, but with no ammo around, i am worried about wasting cash on the fees hahaha
You could join one of the national collectors clubs, such as the Garand club or the Carbine club. The listings are on the CMP website. Annual dues are probably $25 or so for that option.

Just be careful if you intend to drive the ammo back through MA. If caught, you would be facing a felony charge, and a long prison sentence. FOPA may or may not apply, there is no specific mention of ammo in FOPA.

Lord knows I am no attorney... and anything is possible in this hideous Godforsaken nanny state... but I think I'd take the chance:

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

Back
Top Bottom