22lr conversion kit for glock

garyz

NES Member
thinking about a 22lr conversion kit for my glock, i have seen advantage arms online, are there any other company's who make the kits,
does anyone have experience with advantage arms, or any other company
i have a gen3 glock21 sf

thx
gary

I have a TacSol slide for my G19, I bought it as a suppressor host and for back yard training. It is total dogshit. I ended up buying a 22/45 and the conversion kit has since been sitting in the bottom of my parts bin.

My son has the Advantage Arms kit on his Glock 17 and loves it. It's my understanding that you can't buy direct from them anymore. Which ever kit you decide on, get a brush to clean the chamber several times during your range session because the outside lubricated .22 ammo attracts a lot of crud and the gun will stop working if you don't clean the chamber often. I've used Kimber and Tactical Solutions kits on 1911s and like the Tactical Solutions better because it's all steel and locks open after the last shot. The Kimber is aluminum and doesn't lock open after the last shot

Thanks for the info. I saw advantage no longer sells direct found couple on eBay googling to see who. Where else. Thx

i would probably go with the AA kit instead of others. but the cost just makes me want to buy either a bunch of 9mm ammo, or buy a dedicated .22 instead

I have an AA kit for our G17 and it works great. I've been told by those that shoot competitively at Camp Perry that Marvel makes the best/most accurate kit.

I have an AA kit for my 20/21 and it’s been nothing but problems. FTF and FTE every magazine. I’ve tried their recommended ammo, sent to back for them to go through, tried other ammo, and it sits here collecting dust. I really want it to work but when I’m range-bound and look at it to bring, I know I’ll jist end up getting frustrated. It’s only saving grace is that there’s a secondary market for it. If you go with it, good luck.

I have an Advantage Arms slide that lives permanently on a gen 2 G19 lower. It works great with all the cci I’ve tried and Remington golden bullet. I haven’t tried any of the shittier .22 I have in stock. It cycles well and is accurate enough for any purpose I’d ever have for it.

I did my homework and every source I consulted said the tacsol slide was mostly trash, and only ran on minimags. Even then cleanliness was a top priority. The AA slide has handled the 200-300 rounds I’ve fed it each range trip. No mentionable failures.

I have the AA kit for my 23, and like the others said use the ammo they suggest and it works great. I have had mine for several years now and you get the feel of your firearm and its a lot cheaper

I have an Advantage Arms. I bought it four or five years ago to put on my Gen 2 Glock 34.
I recently moved it permanently to a Poly80 G17 lower.
It runs fine, with a very occasional failure to extract - which is frustrating as hell - but not unheard of for any .22.

.22's are just fun to shoot, and having one in a Glock 17 form factor is just silly fun. I actually shot a match with it this past Saturday at CAPS in Brunswick. The match was open to anything, .22 pistols, .22 rifles, centerfire pistols, PCCs - so I brought this. I'd never run it in a match before, and I brought my G17 as a backup in case I had issues.

It was a blast.

I run Remington Gold Bullets in it. You can find them in "buckets" or boxes of 525 for about a nickel per shot.

I don't know if they make one to fit your G21 - but if not - you can build a Poly80...

Photo Nov 26, 7 12 16 AM.jpg Photo Nov 26, 7 12 53 AM.jpg

Can I suggest an issc. They are about the same price as a conversion kit

My ISSC .22 caliber pistol was the most accurate 22 I ever owned, and I have owned quite a few .22's over the years. Unfortunately my ISSC would NOT feed anything other than the CCI Mini Mags. Back then the Mini Mag were really expensive, so I sold it after several thousand rounds.

Back
Top Bottom