22lr Ammo Question

I have been using CCI Mini-Mags in my Walther P22, like 2000 rounds, and has worked great.Today I was looking for cheaper ammo to try and wasn't sure what the difference was between the Winchester Super-X 40 Grain HV and the Wildcat 40 Grain HV. I bought some of each to try but not sure the difference. Any help?

Not sure bump, but I'm in the same boat with you: have always used CCI mini mags with my P22. I recently switched to the cheaper Federal bulk packs, and they work just as well (although the couple thousand rounds of CCIs probably broke-in the P22 nicely).

Not sure bump, but I'm in the same boat with you: have always used CCI mini mags with my P22. I recently switched to the cheaper Federal bulk packs, and they work just as well (although the couple thousand rounds of CCIs probably broke-in the P22 nicely).

thanks scooter

I will try those next and let you know how these Winchester work. What did you get for a price on those? I got 500 SuperX for $29 and the Wildcats were $27.

I have been using CCI Mini-Mags in my Walther P22, like 2000 rounds, and has worked great.Today I was looking for cheaper ammo to try and wasn't sure what the difference was between the Winchester Super-X 40 Grain HV and the Wildcat 40 Grain HV. I bought some of each to try but not sure the difference. Any help?

If they run in the gun use them!

I buy the Federal bulk, 550 round for about $14.

I don't have a P22, but I have a Sig Mosquito which recommends CCI mini-mags as well. I've been able to run Remington Golden Bullets through it without any problems and I was able to get the 550 pack from Walmart pretty cheap.

Anything that's not plated hasn't worked well for me though (i.e. American Eagle, Winchester Xpert HV, etc)

yeah, a number of WWs around me do not sell ammo either, including Brockton, Weymouth, Quincy.

I have been thinking about switching to a cheaper load for my mosquito too. Ive got a few hundred of the mini mags to go before that though.

Do all walmarts sell ammo? I think the closest one for me is Peabody/Danvers. [thinking]

I live between the Danvers and Seabrook stores, Seabrook is usually a little more productive in terms of stock, plus the no tax is nice.

Check the Walmart thread in the Ammunition subforum.

Federal 550 packs at Wally World work well in ours.

I've had good results with Winchester Super-X with my P22. Just as good as the Mini-mags.

Just got back from shooting 150 rounds with the Win Super-X, a few magazines would fire the first round, FTF the second, fire the third, FTF the 4th, then the rest of the mag was fine. This wasn't every mag, but enough. After the 150 Winchester I fired 200 CCI Mini-Mags with zero issues. Not sure if I should try another cheap ammo or stick with Mini-Mags.

Back
Top Bottom