• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No Out-Of-State Ammo Sales in CT

I recently (Tuesday, 11/19/13) went to a gun store in Connecticut to buy some ammunition. I have a MA LTC-A and thought nothing of it. I was told that as of a week ago Connecticut stores cannot sell Non-Residents ammunition. No way around it. They said that CT lawmakers sent out a letter last week telling FFL dealers that they are not allowed to sell ammunition to anyone except CT licensed persons. I also heard that CT lawmakers might revisit the issue in early 2014 and might possibly change the law.

Looks like that CT license app could have come in handy when I was doing my mass license. [crying] It was a dual license class and I was like "I'll never need a CT license"
[banghead]

I was told that as of a week ago Connecticut stores cannot sell Non-Residents ammunition. No way around it. They said that CT lawmakers sent out a letter last week telling FFL dealers that they are not allowed to sell ammunition to anyone except CT licensed persons.
Oxymoronic, as there are MA residents with CT carry permits.

CT resident permit, Non-resident permit (have yet to verify) or resident with ammo certificate.

I just spoke with the Special Licensing and Firearms Units over the phone and they assured me that I would be able to purchase ammo with my Non-Res CT Pistol Permit. It will be interesting to see what the actual stores say when I try to make a purchase.

I recently (Tuesday, 11/19/13) went to a gun store in Connecticut to buy some ammunition. I have a MA LTC-A and thought nothing of it. I was told that as of a week ago Connecticut stores cannot sell Non-Residents ammunition. No way around it. They said that CT lawmakers sent out a letter last week telling FFL dealers that they are not allowed to sell ammunition to anyone except CT licensed persons. I also heard that CT lawmakers might revisit the issue in early 2014 and might possibly change the law.

No letters or notices have been sent to CT dealers. Trust me on that.

Was just going to see if I could buy ammo in CT with a MA license since I'm working out here for a couple weeks...glad I didn't waste my time...guess up north is the only out of state ammo purchases I'll be making

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was just going to see if I could buy ammo in CT with a MA license since I'm working out here for a couple weeks...glad I didn't waste my time...guess up north is the only out of state ammo purchases I'll be making

Unless you stop by Middletown, CT and pay for an ammo permit at the office of public protection lol. I got mine before I got the CT nonresident license and it was pretty painless aside from paying $25.

Unless you stop by Middletown, CT and pay for an ammo permit at the office of public protection lol. I got mine before I got the CT nonresident license and it was pretty painless aside from paying $25.

Thanks...if I was out here more often I may but I'm only out here for a couple weeks for work

Back
Top Bottom