• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

226 Mag issue

When I do an administrative load of my 226 (I.e. slide closed) with a full 10 round mag I can't eject the mag. The mag release button won't depress unless maybe hit with a hammer. If I then lock the slide back I can eject the mag or if I cycle the slide and chamber a round I can eject the mag.

This only happens with a certain mag, others are fine. I assume it might be the spring in the mag pushing up too high/hard and jamming something? Anyway to tweak that? Or just get a new mag?

My advice would be to ditch the 10rd mags (regardless of how well they work, or don't) and get yourself some pre-ban 15 rounders. No reason to carry 10 when you can be carrying 15+1. That is assuming you're LTC-A of course.

Pre-ban in .40 or .357sig is hard to find though. Who is the manufacturer of the problem mag? All of mine are Sig or Mec-Gar and none of them do that.

Take a look (with slide open and no mag in the well) at the internals that move when you push the mag release. Should line up with a slot in the mag about 1.5" from the top. Maybe the way things line up there is a round in the way of the mag release? That's about all I can imagine. If that were the problem, try loading one less bullet in the mag and see what happens.

call your political representatives today and let them know the 10 round mags don't work. seriously, that's the problem, they're too tight.

load 9 rounds

Cut one coil off of the mag spring. If this doesn't work you may have to trim the follower.

Back
Top Bottom