• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.223 price

Yeah well thats not the price anymore 🤣
No. And luckily a friend on mine said you buy by the case and shoot by the box. So many of us are stocked up. But I do feel for the people getting into shooting now. I started shooting on a shortage. It sucks

In the last few weeks or ever? Yeah I've bought a ton of Hornady 55gr in 5k lots in the past, but recently its been pricey.
My chosen vendor has their in-house 55gr projectiles for 11.4 cents each shipped at the moment.

Bare with me as I am learning please! What is a decent price for 55 grain .223?
Poke around run of the mill 55gn FMJ can be had at a wide range of prices. Personally I would not pay much for the 55 gn bulk stuff as the match grade stuff comes up for almost normal prices
Right now with the way things are I would take time to load some really good ammo. If thats not in your plan and you just want to load bulk ammo the 55s are out there and run .08-.18 cents each depending on vendor.

just be ready to jump on anything remotely in your price comfort level. You forget about the price paid once you shove that box on the shelf and start loading. I have over paid in the past and will in the future. Heck I just grabbed 200 sierra 125gn 308 match kings for more than I can by 1000 per bullet BUT no one has the 125s in 1k round boxes right now and I dont plan on shooting a lot of these.

Poke around run of the mill 55gn FMJ can be had at a wide range of prices. Personally I would not pay much for the 55 gn bulk stuff as the match grade stuff comes up for almost normal prices
Right now with the way things are I would take time to load some really good ammo. If thats not in your plan and you just want to load bulk ammo the 55s are out there and run .08-.18 cents each depending on vendor.

just be ready to jump on anything remotely in your price comfort level. You forget about the price paid once you shove that box on the shelf and start loading. I have over paid in the past and will in the future. Heck I just grabbed 200 sierra 125gn 308 match kings for more than I can by 1000 per bullet BUT no one has the 125s in 1k round boxes right now and I dont plan on shooting a lot of these.
From my searching I don’t believe Sierra offers the 125s in 1k count boxes. Looks like 100 and 500 only

Ahh gotcha. I know of at least one vendor right now that’s got the Hornady 55 gr FMJs for 14 cents each. Not horrible given the situation.
I paid $0.11/round in November and just paid $0.14/round for generic 5 gr FMJBT in January. These are prices for 1000 bullet bulk lots. You can buy the 100 bullet boxes of Hornady from any of the major online vendors for $0.22-$0.28 /round (plus tax and shipping). but availability is sporadic.

There is a major vendor with 2,000 round bulk packages that include a 30cal metal ammo can for $299.99 ($0.1495 per bullet) that has them in stock now (2/16/2021). You'll have to PM me for the name since apparently the AG does not know who any of these people are and they monitor this site to find out. (or you can google "223 copper plated bullets" or ".223 copper jacketed bullets" and get all this information).

Back
Top Bottom