• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

223/556

The other problem with 223/556 AKs is up until the past decade or so, most AKs in that caliber had some f***o proprietary magazine going on, whether it was Valmet or whoever. At one time there were like THREE f***ing formats. I think they're all standardized mags now though.
This took me a few years to figure out what a few 30 round mags I had loaded with 223 went to. Valmet took me about 5 min to find a buyer once I posted them.
OP I would go this route
What takes a standard AR magazine and start looking
What is available to MA residents?

All you really need is deep pockets, get a FFL07 or what ever FFL you need to play with anything you want?

R-15/M16 type riflesEdit

Non-AR-15/M16 type riflesEdit

Manually operated riflesEdit

Last edited:
Are there any options for a 223/556 rifle in MA that is similar to an AK platform? AR platform for 22 are available (own one) but wanting 223/556 platform.

IWI makes the Galil in 5.56. I've seen that for sale in Mass, back when gun stores actually had rifles in the store.

The Sig MCX is I guess similar to an AK. Except in price.

If I were to guess, I would say that OP didn’t know AKs are traditionally chambered in x39 and NOT 223/556. It seems to me he’s just looking for an opportunity to buy one of those evil killy AR47s with the shoulder thing that goes up.
OP check the classifieds. Lots of ARs and AKs.

Those Norincos are surprisingly easy to find, even in the classifieds here. Even the mags come up for sale, though not nearly as often as real AK 47 or 74 mags.

You're paying through the nose for the rifle, obviously, but that's par for the course right now.

Old geezer rules: get any gun you want, as long as it's AR or AK. Anything created in the last 50 years is crap. Oh yeah, according to ATF, ARs and AKs made prior to 1971 are ANTIQUES! Stuck in the past much?

Old geezer rules: get any gun you want, as long as it's AR or AK. Anything created in the last 50 years is crap. Oh yeah, according to ATF, ARs and AKs made prior to 1971 are ANTIQUES! Stuck in the past much?
When I bust balls with the younger AR owners I ask them why are they so interested in their grand fathers rifle.
The looks I get are awesome.

Back
Top Bottom