22 or shotgun for rabbit?

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Last rabbit I took was a .177 pellet to the back of the head, as it was "visiting" my garden. [shocked] He stayed, and paid his debt to the Vegetable Kingdom.

If you're using a .22, remember that it will carry a lot further than a shotgun, in case of a skip off ice, hard ground, or a rock. A LOT.

Kevin 103

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Question for the experts; Has anyone hunted the dunes at Sandy neck beach? Haven’t hunted there in over 25 years and remember it being a interesting hunt. We had a beagle but I would be hunting without a dog now.

I’ve not hunted rabbits in many years, been doing upland game and would like to extend my season in the woods. How are the WMA for rabbits?

By the way shotgun is the way to go. I’ll probably use a nice old Ithaca 37 in 16 gauge.

45collector

NES Member
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Question for the experts; Has anyone hunted the dunes at Sandy neck beach? Haven’t hunted there in over 25 years and remember it being a interesting hunt. We had a beagle but I would be hunting without a dog now.

I’ve not hunted rabbits in many years, been doing upland game and would like to extend my season in the woods. How are the WMA for rabbits?

By the way shotgun is the way to go. I’ll probably use a nice old Ithaca 37 in 16 gauge.

I hunt SNK for pheasant (usually with friends who have dogs) but never rabbit. I’m trying to think if I’ve ever even seen a rabbit out there. Maybe.
I get my ORV sticker there every year (I stopped buying Dennis stickers once Chapin was pretty much closed all the time) and for pheasant hunting we just drive out and park at one of the trail heads.

Top Bottom