• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22 lr Henry lever action.

FMH2016

NES Member
I was wondering if the capacity comes in to play on a Henry Lever action in Massachusetts in 22 Long rifle? I was under the assumption that capacity in those don’t matter in mass as it’s a lever action and not semi auto? Thanks in advance for any input.

Maura doesn't care about the pea shooters. She probably has more of a problem with the name Golden Boy. Get yourself a peep sight and it's a fine rifle.

I was wondering if the capacity comes in to play on a Henry Lever action in Massachusetts in 22 Long rifle? I was under the assumption that capacity in those don’t matter in mass as it’s a lever action and not semi auto? Thanks in advance for any input.

If you are anywhere near Palmer, Nick's Sports Shop (5 minutes off exit (old) 8 from the Pike) has had Henry 22's and 22 Magnums seemingly on a regular basis.

Bought one for girlfriend. Loves it and use for silloutte shooting at the club. Use Iron sights only and kicks my boot. Great gun and mtg. I have the Henry Big Boy before the side gate load option and love it.
Very well built. Good luck. Hate to promote Cabelas, but the gave her 500 rounds with purchase.

The Henry is one of the most fun rifles I have, and everyone who has had a chance to shoot it ends up with a big smile on their face! With CCI Quiets it sounds like a pellet gun so no hearning protection is required. Do yourself a favor and get some of these "Prairie Popper" targets from Amazon. The price goes up and down on them, but if you have patience you can get them for as low as $9 each. They are spring loaded, so when you hit them they fall over then pop back into place. They come with spikes you can drive into theground, but they work better if attached to a wooden base.

Attachments

• Squirrel.jpg
    Squirrel.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 19
I have a 1,000 round 22lr drum for my Henry lever....GTG in mass......but by Henry carbine 22lr lever only holds 12 ☹️

Ok in mass no issue. Get one you won't be sorry. Had one for a decade or more and it makes it into the truck for 99% of the trips to the range. It's that fun.

there's always that old "...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" thingy too....

The the octagon barreled Henry is the awesomest thing since my Cowboy Boot slippers in the First grade...

ps get a Ruger Wrangler too! ;)

Has anyone seen these around as of late in southern Mass? Or am I just better off ordering online and having it shipped?

Has anyone seen these around as of late in southern Mass? Or am I just better off ordering online and having it shipped?
They seem to be showing up more in recent months. Not sure where you mean by southern MA, but Nick’s in Palmer had one a few days ago.

If you’re up for a ride, KTP had the Classic, octagon, and magnum out on the racks as of last weekend. Prices were good, too.

Grabbed mine from Bass Pro as they had quite a few in stock. It was $349 and is the basic model. Replaced the front sight with the HiVis fiber optic version. Looking for the large loop lever now, but has been out of stock for a while now. I was surprised how accurate it was, and a lot of fun to shoot.

Get yourself one of these. You will appreciate it at the range. Several videos out there on it. Film it up at home before you hit the range. Holds 120 rounds lr.

Get yourself one of these. You will appreciate it at the range. Several videos out there on it. Film it up at home before you hit the range. Holds 120 rounds lr.

looking this up, it got some pretty shitty reviews.. breaking on first use, need to modify, etc..

looking this up, it got some pretty shitty reviews.. breaking on first use, need to modify, etc..

I've got one and have no complaints. I used it a few times during the winter months, and it made it much easier to load with cold hands. It's a very simple design that lets you pour rounds into a tube magazine, so I don't know what you would need to modify!

I’ve used my speed loader hundreds of times. It’s fool proof really. Load 15 rounds in just a few seconds.
FYI there isn’t anything to break on it. Solid tube, 2 end caps, and one spring. I’d be curious to know what broke?

Pump-action vs Lever-action...what are the advantages and disadvantages of either? I’m rather fond of my Pump-action Remington 7615P 556 rifle, although N.Y. made them forbidden in their bogus Safe Act...

E315DC66-F612-40C4-A670-56F1020680E1.jpeg

I've got one and have no complaints. I used it a few times during the winter months, and it made it much easier to load with cold hands. It's a very simple design that lets you pour rounds into a tube magazine, so I don't know what you would need to modify!

I’ve used my speed loader hundreds of times. It’s fool proof really. Load 15 rounds in just a few seconds.
FYI there isn’t anything to break on it. Solid tube, 2 end caps, and one spring. I’d be curious to know what broke?

I guess there's a spring or something attached to the cap..

Amazon product ASIN B00SG4P8H2View: https://us.amazon.com/Spee-D-Loader-Spee-D-15-Caliber-Rimfire-Magazine/dp/B00SG4P8H2

Back
Top Bottom